Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Williams contract offers

1henryw1henryw Member New Car Smell
Has anyone ever got a contract offer to change teams whilst driving for Williams in career mode? I'm aware of the bug/flaw where u don't get contract offers if ur with a top team like Ferrari but does this also apply to Williams? Have any of u had a chance to change teams whilst at Williams?

Answers

• ZvikoZviko Member Race Steward
    Williams being in the same tier as Ferrari probablly means you wont get any offers.
  • CheezkapeCheezkape Member Wheel Nut
    Williams is one of the four top-tier teams. If you drive for Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, or Williams the only way to get a new contract is to get yourself fired by performing badly.
  • 1henryw1henryw Member New Car Smell
    Cheers guys :) 

This game is such a joke :( there is literally no way to play the ten year career mode :(
  • 266Brown266Brown Member New Car Smell
    Oh crap!!!! 

I never knew knew about this and signed a Williams contract.......

could you guys tell me if I will get a contract to sign for a weaker team?. Or is it no contract offers at all?
    I know right :( no contract offers at all I'm afraid. The only way u will get another contract offer is to deliberately do badly so u get fired mid season and go to a bad team as a result. If u start with any of the top teams u r stuck with them for the whole ten year career mode. Its caught out so many people and ruined their f1 2016 experience :(
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited January 26
    1henryw said:
    I know right :( no contract offers at all I'm afraid. The only way u will get another contract offer is to deliberately do badly so u get fired mid season and go to a bad team as a result. If u start with any of the top teams u r stuck with them for the whole ten year career mode. Its caught out so many people and ruined their f1 2016 experience :(
    I've heard many people say this but it's not true, you can get contract offers while driving for the top teams as well. In my career I was driving for Red Bull, and although it took quite a while I got mid-season offers from 4 or 5 teams at once during season 3. Maybe it was because I was 'exceeding expectations' ( being in the purple ) for a bunch of races in a row when reaching the mid point of the season.
    I find this very hard to believe as I have tested this extensively , been in the purple etc yet never received a contract offer with a top team. There r tons of YouTube videos that demonstrate this too. Which teams offered u contracts ?
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited January 26
    1henryw said:
    I find this very hard to believe as I have tested this extensively , been in the purple etc yet never received a contract offer with a top team. There r tons of YouTube videos that demonstrate this too. Which teams offered u contracts ?
    It was surprising for me too because I read about this so I didn't expect to get any offers. I'm not a 100% sure which teams I got offers from but I think it was Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams and possibly Mclaren. I signed with Williams to get the ''Itchy Feat'' trophy for moving teams mid-season. I already purchased all the upgrades for RBR before the mid season point, so maybe that's what triggers the contracts when driving for a top-tier team, I'm not sure but I wouldn't be making it up.

I don't know how far into the career mode you tested it, but even though I won the drivers + constructors title in season 1 and season 2, the mid-point of season 3 was the first time I got any offers at all.
    edited January 26
    My first career I did 3 seasons for Mercedes and won three championships but didn't get any offers so restarted. I started again with Renault won the championship in season 3 by upgrading the car. Switched to mclaren then Williams for season 5 but the car was already almost fully upgraded yet wasn't that competitive. With no way of making it competitive I quit. I started another career with Ferrari after someone on here said they got offered contracts whilst with em. I did 3 seasons with Ferrari winning two wc's but got no offers so quit again as I didn't wanna spend 10 seasons with same team. My friends had this same problem with top teams and on YouTube I've seen this happen in peps career mode when they reach end of season with top team and get no offers. I want to believe u and am tempted to give career mode one final chance but its so annoying when u put that much time and effort in then get stuck playing what is effectively the same season over and over again with the same team :(