Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Announcing DiRT 4 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageAnnouncing DiRT 4 | Codemasters Blog

Yes, you read it right – DiRT 4 is coming!

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• MrSpankyMrSpanky Member New Car Smell
    This is awesome :D
    Hurry up and come around already June!
  • Kami102Kami102 Member New Car Smell
    Can we expect the same amount of realism/simulation that Dirt Rally had or will this be a more arcade experience like the other numbered Dirt games?
  • membranmembran Member New Car Smell
    edited January 26
    Nice. Hopefully they will continue to support VR like they did with Dirt Rally. On all platforms, that is. Fingers crossed. Drifting on a monitor setup is something what just won't do anymore (for me).
    Post edited by membran on
  • elmuerkoelmuerko Member New Car Smell
    VIVE support on PC at launch and I am preordering.
    edited January 26
    elmuerko said:
    VIVE support on PC at launch and I am preordering.
    They don't mention VR support in the teaser video or in their blog announcement. It isn't listed in the feature list reported by gamereactor. It's not a good sign - which would really, really suck.
  • PhotoholicPhotoholic Member New Car Smell
    We definitely need VR support (Rift and Vive) right from the beginning... drifting non-VR is sooo boooring.
    We definitely need VR support (Rift and Vive) right from the beginning... drifting non-VR is sooo boooring.
    It's become one of the main selling points in (any) racing game for me, to the point where if a sim (simcade) racing game (with a cockpit view) doesn't have it, I won't buy it. 

• Culley2Culley2 Member New Car Smell
    Please tell me it will have multiplayer support for rally stages.
    From the Red Bull article / interview (http://www.redbull.com/sg-en/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games), which wasn't even a Playstation-centric interview - they only acknowledge PSVR, and only as a possibility:
    Q:Was VR in consideration at any point?
    A:It’s something that we will be looking at once we’ve seen people’s reaction to DiRT Rally on PSVR.
    sad face.
  • minaiteminaite Member New Car Smell
    So you telling me that no 2017 cars on dirt rally? That bulls...t!!!
     Less brakes more speed!!! 
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Co-Driver
    minaite said:
    So you telling me that no 2017 cars on dirt rally? That bulls...t!!!
    They're probably exclusively licensed to official WRC game only, or something.
  • AnkiboyAnkiboy Member New Car Smell
    YEAHHHHHHH that's some great news!
    My favorite racing games of all time
  • 6victor66victor6 Member New Car Smell
    DiRT4! Yes! Trucks and Buggies! Yes!! PSVR ? Please say yes!
  • McDuff79McDuff79 Member New Car Smell
    Dirt Horizon....
    Looking forward to Dirt rally 2!!!!!
  • yussufyussuf Member New Car Smell
    Codemasters, thank you a lot for this awesome news that definitely made my day ! I'm still playing Dirt 3 till this day :D
  • KinggeneKinggene Member New Car Smell
    Love it, press on!! 
    This will be epic for leagues to create own stages!
  • BusterbviBusterbvi Member Wheel Nut
    Soooo not interested in Dirt 4, can you update us on the release of Dirt Rally 2 please ?

Thanks.
    Logitec G25. Asus Z87 Pro. HX750 PSU. Win7/64. i7-4770k (stock) + True 120 cooler. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB Force SSD. 1 TB Evo SSD. EVGA GTX 980ti SC.  Asus 32 inch 4K Monitor. 2.1 Sound.  Serving wench & lap dancing facilities.
  • LVDirtRacerLVDirtRacer Member New Car Smell
    edited January 26
    I only have ONE question. Will there be multiplayer on all classes? I was done playing with myself at 16. ;-)
    Clean racing and good sportsmanship are it's own reward.
    Favorite D3 Classes.. Trailblazer , Rally, Rallycross, Outbreak and Cat N Mouse