Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Announcing DiRT 4

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Yes, you read it right – DiRT 4 is coming!

Today, we’re delighted to announce that DiRT 4 will fearlessly race to PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC in June 2017. Hot on the heels of 2016’s critically and commercially successful DiRT Rally, DiRT 4 takes the passion and authenticity of off-road racing to the next level, whilst also re-introducing you all to white-knuckle truck and buggy racing in Landrush. For a flavour of what’s to come, you can take a look at our announcement trailer right here:

Motorsport by its very nature is dangerous – it says so on the back of the ticket. DiRT 4 is all about embracing that danger. It’s about the thrill, exhilaration and adrenaline that is absolutely vital to off-road racing. And more than that, it’s about loving that feeling. It’s about pushing flat out next to a sheer cliff drop. Going for the gap that’s slightly too small. Seeing how much air you can get in a truck. They call it ‘being fearless’ – and this is what we aim to inspire in DiRT 4.

DiRT 4 features a game-changing system called Your Stage; an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button. You choose your location and set the route parameters, then Your Stage does the hard work to create a unique rally stage that you can race, share with your friends, and then challenge them to beat your time. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.

With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3.

Featuring classic rally racing that continues to build on the foundations set by the Colin McRae Rally games, the brutal, fast-paced racing from the official FIA World Rallycross Championship, the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride, players will face challenges from locations that span three continents. We can’t wait to tell you more of DiRT 4, so stay tuned for the road to launch – we’ve got so much to show you.

Comments

• WRCPilotWRCPilot Member New Car Smell
    I read Austrália, Espanha, Michigan, Suécia, País de Gales. Only this countries and old cars? Lauch DLCs for Dirt Rally!
  • Nicknoris92Nicknoris92 Member New Car Smell
    New cars 2017?2016?  there will be some help as much as dirt 3?
  • JackKeyJackKey Member Unleaded
    edited January 26
    So we got Sim-Physics aaaaaaaaaaaaand Arcade or ..........................
    Sim-Physics with "the game brakes for you", "the game steers for you", "the game plays for you" ?
  • EDDSkitzEDDSkitz Member Unleaded
    Seriously though.... have the pacenotes been fixed? 
    And did you manage integration of a correct pacenotes system for the "your stage" section? No mention of this, and cutting the live feed prior to that section has me worried as that was something that was not limited by the previous game engine, yet was never properly fixed. Hopefully the time spent on D4 was partially used for pace notes, otherwise it seems as though CM is back to only listening to their arcade players.
  • BigsurBigsur Member New Car Smell
    "the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride,"

I'm out.
    Isle of Barra on Steam.
    Some DiRT 4 pictures from Steam. Looking good so far.

• BusterbviBusterbvi Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 26
    I will give it the benefit of the doubt when it comes out but when I read stuff like "the crazy battles of racing trucks and buggies, and the outrageous fun of open events in Joyride" sorry, but i'm with Bigsur ..... I'M OUT TOO !

Logitec G25. Asus Z87 Pro. HX750 PSU. Win7/64. i7-4770k (stock) + True 120 cooler. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB Force SSD. 1 TB Evo SSD. EVGA GTX 980ti SC.  Asus 32 inch 4K Monitor. 2.1 Sound.  Serving wench & lap dancing facilities.
  • TeksWillerTeksWiller Member New Car Smell
    edited January 26
    Please don't make another arcade/simcade racer like Dirt3 please we want more realism and simulation than Dirt rally. We like the way and want it more. Or then we need DirtRally2 for adults and Dirt4 for child...

I think Your Stage -system would be great!
    i5 6400 3,2ghz, 8gb DDR3 2400mhz, gtx960 OC, Logitech g25 Wheel 900 degrees.
    edited January 26
    @ TeksWiller: Please don't talk for other people. This franchise was never full sim until DiRT Rally......... you talk like a child.
    Codemasters should definetely stick with this formula though:
    DiRT 4
    DiRT Rally 2
    DiRT 5
    DiRT Rally 3
    and so on
    as well.................. its not like DiRT 4 isn't a sim as well............

• szektoszekto Member New Car Smell
    Actually, what the f...

Time to pull out some money from the people's pocket, huhh?
    'If in doubt, flat out' - Colin McRae

My PC: ASRock FM2A55-HD+ | AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8 GHz | 2*4 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz | Gigabyte GTX 960 2 GB DDR5 WF2 | WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD | Samsung SyncMaster 2043 BW @ 1680x1050
  • Matt555Matt555 Member New Car Smell
    Hmmmm I don't know what to make of this so far. I'd like to know more details such as how much of the game is weighted towards rallying and the rest of the other stuff. Are the stages still a decent length and based on real world locations?  I enjoyed the original dirt but dirt 2 was an abomination dirt 3 was okish but dirt rally was basically perfect
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Unleaded
    Joyride isn't gymkhana, chill out. Probably something similar to the open area in Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo.
  • dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Steward
    It must be so rewarding to be a game developer sometimes...

I'm excited about this. Sim handling, career mode, choice of co-driver, DirtFish Rally School, Your Stage sounds interesting. Sounds like Dirt Rally proved a point, and all the right lessons from it (challenge, endurance aspect, realism) are being rolled into the next big Dirt.
    DiRT 4 notes: Everything we know so far | DiRT Rally notes: All the cars, stages, and more

• BigsurBigsur Member New Car Smell
    Joyride= Steal someones rally car and race it against a Buggy across a wide expanse of Texas desert.
    Isle of Barra on Steam.
    edited January 26
    Codemasters should have been more specific with its announcement I think. The informations are spread around the internet each with completely different informations.

youtube: hey here is a teaser
    steam: here are half the infos and pictures
    redbull: here is an interview with the other half of infos
    random games news sites: here are some shitty translations
    cm forum: here are some random infos, yay

whatever news I read so far, there always a lot of commets asking what the game is, whats going, some hoping its a sequel to dirt2, some hoping its a sim, some don't understanding focus and features.

well, here is the red-bull-interview:
    http://www.redbull.com/sg-en/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games

give us some better focused infos apart from "we want to be everything"
    show us some gameplay, show us the track-generator

EDIT: ah yes I forgot the homepage - hey preorder dirt 4 here - but I can't even preorder it
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Race Engineer
    im interested in the game.cant wait.i do get why some maybe a little puzzled as we have in the last title gone full sim mode.so they dont want it to slip backwards.

from what i read you can still play it sim style which suits me and also can play it fun style if you not into the full experience of sim.thats good.

i dont mind the other vehicles.only thing i never really liked much was the super wide roads.in previous dirt games.
  • Alf72Alf72 Member Wheel Nut

#disappointed

At least, there's hope for a Hardcore Sim DiRT Rally 2, in future, without nosense, and a big focus on Rally. I'll wait for more info about D4 but i'm not really hyped, sorry guys...

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

• FloatingGrassFloatingGrass Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 26
    What is it with all these people crying out with disappointment and having no hope at all? Personally, I am extremely hyped for this, as it seems like a much improved Dirt Rally. Sad to see Monte and Finland go, and apparently there won't be a fully tarmac event. Here's to hoping Spain mixes gravel and tarmac in one stage.

Also hoping to see at least a few modern World Rally Cars (not necessarily 2017 spec), as they haven't announced any yet.

Edit: And photo mode too!
    Expect none and 10/10 times you won't be disappointed.