Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Bring back Dakar from Colin Mcare Dirt to Dirt 4?

jullek57jullek57 Member New Car Smell
One thing that would be amazing if Codemasters could bring back from the first dirt game would be the Dakar discipline.. Imagine real or random generated tracks in the sand dunes with a 20 minute stage or so, how cool wouldn't that be? Other than that let all other disciplines that were present in the previous iterations of the Dirt franchise come back and you have THE ultimate off-road sim/arcade friendly game that will make everyone happy! One of my visions has come to realisation, absolutely fantastic!

Bring back Dakar from Colin Mcare Dirt to Dirt 4? 15 votes

Yes
46%
TheEqualTesterFedemaisonnavejullek57NarzugonMouingWRCWhiteWagonH3KTIC420 7 votes
No
53%
VirtuaIceManRodgerDaviesversediKevMDoubleTenSirPhilMcKrakenLOSTVENGENCE96nystedt88 8 votes

Comments

• enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    I would 100% love a proper Dakar game, but would want a complete standalone title and not packed into Dirt 4 which already has one too many race disciplines in it.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    No
    KickUp said:
    Is the same ego engine used on dirt rally?
    I think all of us prefer head 2 head or special stages over rallyx and landrush.
    What about raid? Trucks more fun than buggies.
    Your stage is only for rally stages (point to point) or also includes closed circuits?
    When the car is totally destroyed, you have to buy another one or repair it magically?
    Soundtracks- Will happen the same as happened with the expired licenses on dirt2?
    What about anti cheat?
    I wonder how many daily tournaments won porkhammer ... you have to write on a paper so they are not forgotten?
    Game need ranking table in addition to the leaderboards times...like this http://www.atpworldtour.com/es/rankings/singles .
    Hope for a good products, DR left a lot to be desired.
    And please! This time put all the countries for nationality profile
    Im from Uruguay...Really annoying see "other"
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/es/players/pablo-cuevas/c882/overview  =)

- Improved Ego engine but not a new one. 
    - No Raid this time. I want to do desert racing properly and we need new tech to do it. 
    - Your Stage is Rally only
    - Damage repair depends on your difficulty 
    - Yes, music licenses eventually expire
    - We are improving the anti cheat
    - We have commissioned a plaque for Porkhammer 
    - We have new ranking competitions for you to compete in
    - Sorry about your flag, I'll see what I can do

Dakar confirmed? ;)
  • jullek57jullek57 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    enamel said:
    I would 100% love a proper Dakar game, but would want a complete standalone title and not packed into Dirt 4 which already has one too many race disciplines in it.
    I'd say the more the merrier but did you not enjoy the  raid in the first game. The reason I disagree with you is that a standalone game would be too little to offer just for one discipline 
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    jullek57 said:
    I'd say the more the merrier but did you not enjoy the  raid in the first game. The reason I disagree with you is that a standalone game would be too little to offer just for one discipline 
    Raid was ok, but I don't think it captures the Dakar without navigation elements, getting lost in the dunes and digging out your car, etc. I would really like the feeling of the most difficult race in the world. Also I would like to see all classes represented, bikes, cars, trucks, UTVs, ATVs. I think with road sections, and open world dune elements there would be plenty to keep me busy.

I personally prefer focused games, but didn't vote no in your poll since I realize Dirt titles usually don't focus on a single discipline, so would be completely fine with it's inclusion.
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Race Steward
    No
    If Codemasters were to do it properly, they should employ Asobo Studios, who they used to make Fuel, to finish their previous game, Grand Raid Offroad. They took that engine and made Fuel instead.

• H3KTIC420H3KTIC420 Member New Car Smell
    Yes
    i love everything about dirt rally but....WE NEED DIRT DAKAR !!!!!!!!!
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member New Car Smell
    No
    no no no no, it's not funny.
    I prefer stadium supertrucks or the old Mickey Thompson Off Road Racing in stadium or Arenas