Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Official TV HUD for F1 2017

Several months ago, one of the members showed some really nice pictures of the official TV HUD. It would be great if codemasters could implement this feature into its new game. The official HUD adds more realism to the game and of course more information on the drivers in front and behind you, tyre strategy, penalties given etcetera.
It is my best wish for the F1 2017 game! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor F1 2016 codemaster TV HUD

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor F1 2016 codemaster TV HUD lifeO

Comments

• roberto28roberto28 Member Pit Crew
    On the left Side the drivers position, on the right thee strategy and speed/brake telemetry, below 5 drivers including time distance between. It would be great as it is like on real F1 tv. 
  • JP072JP072 Member Co-Driver
    F1 games needs to have the official hud. It's the official game...
    with all respect but the hud didn't change that much since f1 2012 as far i know. A bit outdated.
    The game needs an graphic update anyway...
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited February 5
    I mean, I do like the design suggestion, since this isn't THAT cluttered, but I'd prefer seeing smaller left tower (even leave it to like 5, you and 2 in-front/in-back). Although the full HUD could be used for replays, but Codemasters need to integrate (or just do something more) with race replay system, like capturing all the events in race and so on...
    EDIT: Fixed some mistakes. Or thought of even simpler thing - if you could send more info through the UDP (like driver positions, drivers and so on, basically useful game data for replays or stuff) I think someone could make an application for PC to add the graphical overlay of some sort to the "stream"/video or just over the game screen, for example (something like ENB does).
    Post edited by mantazzo on
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • Krisdix16Krisdix16 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    As far as I understand FOM don't want to use the official HUD because then it would be in the game files, and then people would extract it and share it online without consent...

The same goes for the driver numbers on the cars, FOM will take you to court if you upload all the numbers 1-99 for any of the teams, as only Codemasters are allowed to use them in their game.

It could happen don't get me wrong but, it would have to be heavily encrypted by Codies :(

bottom of the screen the five drivers with time distance between

• JP072JP072 Member Co-Driver
    Krisdix16 said:
    As far as I understand FOM don't want to use the official HUD because then it would be in the game files, and then people would extract it and share it online without consent...

The same goes for the driver numbers on the cars, FOM will take you to court if you upload all the numbers 1-99 for any of the teams, as only Codemasters are allowed to use them in their game.

It could happen don't get me wrong but, it would have to be heavily encrypted by Codies :(

Is there a way that codies could protect that files for use for third parties? 
    I don't have a clue how coding works...
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    Krisdix16 said:

interestingly every F1 game from 95-06 had the official HUD as a feature and pretty much every other sports game has it.

I think the Dev's  should just tell us if they DON'T WANT or if they CAN't out the official HUD in. If they can't then, it's understadable but if they just prefere their own designed one over the official then it's nonsence and the official on should be used, as nearly everyone wants to be it in the game
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
    Krisdix16 said:

interestingly every F1 game from 95-06 had the official HUD as a feature and pretty much every other sports game has it.

I think the Dev's  should just tell us if they DON'T WANT or if they CAN't out the official HUD in. If they can't then, it's understadable but if they just prefere their own designed one over the official then it's nonsence and the official on should be used, as nearly everyone wants to be it in the game
    I totally agree with Alex. To my opinion, Codemasters should provide us, their customers, more information on their decisions to include features whether or not, as well as a brief explanation. At the moment, no single explation from them leaves us with questions and wishes for future editions of the game.
  • Bcolt93Bcolt93 Member Co-Driver
    official hud would be great for broadcast, but really only the positions for every driver and then maybe the occasional gaps between a battle or the strategy. don't really look at the hud much anyway while racing because i have other things to focus on
    Like the actual HUD in 2016, five drivers left above including the time distance, could be replaced horizontaly to the bottom of the screen. Right on the screen the speed, ref, brake, drs meter. Left on the screen actual lap, fastest lap and sector time in green or red. Type strategy. But I agree that this information is optional, you can click it away for example.
  • DarkMarkXDDarkMarkXD Member Wheel Nut
    I'd love to see this, I think I commented on the original post when F1 2016 was still in development
    PSN - DarkMark_XD
  • Jthorn97Jthorn97 Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    I'd like to see all these overlays and graphics in spectator mode. Would be great for streaming purposes
  • liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Pit Crew
    Official HUD is a MUST HAVE! Because it's more realistic, it's an official FORMULA ONE GAME!

• liveTOwinliveTOwin Member Pit Crew

Layout official HUD F1 2017. Would be really great to have it finally in the game
  • RockhammerRockhammer Member New Car Smell
    I think it's more up to FOM rather than Codies as to whether they can put up the official graphics or something similar. 
    SRL, PSGL and ex-AOR league racer | AOR Season 11 PS3 Champion
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Unleaded
    edited February 4
    For race coverage, yes, I absolutely endorse these ideas. But for the broadcast ONLY.
    I don't need all that cluttering up my vision when I'm driving though. It's distracting and that 22 car tower slots really nicely over the mirror... no thanks.
    For me, less is more when I'm actually racing. I'm not even much of a fan of the current layout tbh
    I'd rather have everything on the wheel's LCD, right in the middle and where I don't have to gawp about my screen for info...
  • UKDarkPredatorUKDarkPredator Member New Car Smell
    It would be great if you can customise where everything goes :D choosing what you want/don't want on screen. Moving stuff about. Assetto Corsa style :D
  • Ronage6Ronage6 Member Wheel Nut
    I absolutely want that in the game as well. And I think it would be a smart move of the devs to code this in. because they need new features and I am guessing this would be fairly easy and have a positive impact on us fans and buyers.

I agree that we should have the official tv broadcast overlay in the replay and we should also finally be able to save the replays. Liberty Media should realize, that if we post content from the game on YouTube with official look this will only help F1 to gain more popularity again.

FOM is surely not the problem. If the old games cold do it i don't see why it should be not allowed now. 

So let's hope Lee thinks about this and comes to the same conclusion.