Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[1.8] FPS drop to ~10 after first race

D4rioD4rio Member Unleaded
New patch, new bugs...
As the title says, when i complete the first race the menu becomes extremely laggy and there is no way to fix this besides restarting the game. This happens in menus and in pre-race screens as well (waiting list, setup choice window and so on...) race fps seem to be fine, i guess (not 100% sure though).

Tried this on multiplayer twice, same behaviour both of the times.
[PC version on Windows10 64bit]

Comments

• LozzyLozzy Member, Codemasters Champion
    edited January 31
    @D4rio can you send me a DXDiag please. Were you playing online or offline?

I'd like to know if anyone sees this on console too please.
    Post edited by Lozzy on
  • bastek2504bastek2504 Member New Car Smell
    havent seen anything with this bug on xbox one yet
  • D4rioD4rio Member Unleaded
    @Lozzy here's my dxdiag:  http://pastebin.com/QdBRSThg

Btw i went a little bit further into my testings and this is what i found out:

- The bug affects online mode only.
    - It seems to trigger right after the checkered flag (end of any session). 
    -  If i get back to the main menu the game runs smoothly. If i try to reopen online mode menu and then join a lobby it starts to lag all over again.
    - FPS difference inside menus: (120 average VS 10/20 average) 

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Pit Crew
    @Lozzy I'd just like an admission that this patch was rushed to appease console users and thank you all at CM for ensuring that PC league racing is a complete waste of time. In an online session last night we had failure to load lobbies, CTDs and many with huge FPS issues, personally I had the worst experience ever with stuttering. With restarts, we took 39 minutes to complete a short qualifying session. Singapore, just 16 drivers. I give up. F1 2016 is a DNF.
    You'll find me at apexonlineracing.com
    S14 F1 '17 F7 Car: Ferrari Team-mate: Partyfuchs
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

• JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    Not drop of FPS on console.
    • Body is 13 characters too short.
  • ITAUGHTTHESTIGITAUGHTTHESTIG Member New Car Smell
    I'm also on PC (Win10). I've had some bad slowdown as well since the patch while playing online. It doesn't happen in every race but I never experience anything like this pre-1.08. The setup selection menu at the start of an online race will occasionally be very laggy as well where it'll just hang and display nothing for 15-20 seconds.
  • massa88massa88 Member Unleaded
    edited February 3
    i  know they said that 1.8 is last  patch for this game
    but i really hope that they correct fps drop bug 
     because it is very annoying
    please CODEMASTERS
    edit:apparently bug also affects during racing today I had some very heavy drops during racing
    i use cpucores for boost fps but even this program does not prevent fps drop
     Patch 1.7 was  good for me i was can normally play
    but now the only game I play almost can not play now

Post edited by massa88 on
  • KreeZiEKreeZiE Member New Car Smell
    Got the same problem since 1.8 on the PC. In the menu's and pre-start until the start the FPS drops to 10-20. After the start is goes back to normal (with an occasional fps drop). Mostly happens online if the number of people grow.

System: Win10, AMD FX-8350, GTX960 2GB,

• KopparaKoppara Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Yeah, I told this bug before the initial 1.8 release. I said there is like 10fps before the race starts and when you cross the start/finish line.
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • Desmond0313Desmond0313 Member Unleaded
    same on PC in online league, both Monza and Singapore, but it's fine in singleplayer modes
    AOR Split 2 racer in Season 12 & 13
  • ChokDKChokDK Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited February 6
    @Lozzy I got this recorded (Singapore race).

I was hosting a league race for 15-20 drivers.
    As soon as people finished the FPS started to drop.
    Last lap was getting low at FPS and very laggy/stuttered.

It is much worse with +10 drivers that with 3-4.
    You can see my FPS in upper right corner.
    This was with vSync= OFF and Gsync = On (Asus ROG SWIFT QR monitor).

Uhmm what do you mean by a DXDiag ?

https://youtu.be/po9EEuXcvWw?t=3641

PC i7/12gb ram/SSD/GTX970/Asus ROG monitor/ Vsync = OFF ♥ Let's have TOCA 2 back ♥

Right, so some users were forced to accept EULAs this evening and we noticed the online FPS issue in lobby loading and formation lap was higher back to up to around 30fps like cutscenes. Have the game files changed? We will try with a bigger lobby, tonight's was only 14.
    PC: i7-4770|8GB|GTX970 4GB|Win10x64|Logitech G920 (GTEye Spring Mod)/G430 Headset|GTOmega Pro Rig

Was back to normal pretty much straight after. Anyone's league videos will verify that.

• HubaBubaVHubaBubaV Member New Car Smell
    Эй разрабы, может вы оторвёте свои толстые задницы и наконец исправите этот чёртов баг с падением ФПС в меню? Или хотя бы заблокируйте в игре по сети возможность выбирать свой профиль пилота. За что люди деньги платили, что бы были лаги изза какойто мелочи?

HubaBubaV said:

Эй разрабы, может вы оторвёте свои толстые задницы и наконец исправите этот чёртов баг с падением ФПС в меню? Или хотя бы заблокируйте в игре по сети возможность выбирать свой профиль пилота. За что люди деньги платили, что бы были лаги изза какойто мелочи?

Сообщество разработало способы решения проблемы падения FPS, не выбирайте настройку драйвера в вашем режиме карьеры.

The community worked out how to solve the FPS drop, do not select the driver customisation from your career mode.