Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Confirmed Car List

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I doubt it, But it would be really cool if it was the case. 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward

That's what I'm thinking too, but u have to admit, they've been really cautious and silent about that car list

sqdstr said:

That's what I'm thinking too, but u have to admit, they've been really cautious and silent about that car list

Oh I'm really hoping it is. But I'm just trying to be realistic. But it would depend on what stage the opel R5 is in. If it's all done and ready to roll out on the stages this year then it would be possible. But if it's not then it's less likely
    -Mario Andretti
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    edited May 14
    The car may be the skoda fabia r5 or it will certainly be the opel adam r5? 
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 14

Thierry97 said:

The car may be the skoda fabia r5 or it will certainly be the opel adam r5? 

It's probably a Corsa instead of an Adam. I think the Fabia is confirmed not to be in the game.
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    It would be nice if they made a DLC or more DLC with cars in all chapters from Colin McRae to today :o
  • breyzippbreyzipp Member New Car Smell
    Would it be possible to add the info about which cars are new to Dirt 4 (compared to Dirt Rally)?  Many cars seem to be carried over (especially the older ones), I wonder which ones are actually new.
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Race Engineer
    edited May 16

breyzipp said:

Would it be possible to add the info about which cars are new to Dirt 4 (compared to Dirt Rally)?  Many cars seem to be carried over (especially the older ones), I wonder which ones are actually new.

These are the cars that are new to Dirt 4:
    -Peugeot 205 GTI
    -Opel Ascona 400
    -Audi Sport Quattro E2 (modified from Dirt Rally)
    -Mitsubishi Evo VI
    -Ford Fiesta R2
    -Opel Adam R2
    -Subaru WRX STI NR4 (Replaces DR's 2011 STI)
    -All the R5 cars (Replace the 2010's class)
    -Ford Focus RS RX
    -Seat Ibiza RX
    -RX Lites
    -Group B Rallycross
    -All Landrush vehicles
    -Crosskarts
    Post edited by BadD0g on
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • SimVansevenantSimVansevenant Member Co-Driver
    You mean all the R5 cars (Replace the 2010's class)
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Race Engineer

You mean all the R5 cars (Replace the 2010's class)
    Whoops, thanks for spotting that. Fixed!
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
    So it looks like we have the complete list. Not a bad list in my opinion. 
    -Mario Andretti
  • DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer

I was hoping there would still be some surprises, but I guess now we'll just have to wait for DLC when/if it arrives 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver

*Warning: I have rally blinkers on, won't play the other modes much*

If I'm being 100% objective, not bad, I agree, but not great either.

We've lost the C4 and 4x 2010 cars, replaced with 4x R5 cars, 2x R2 cars, an Opel Ascona, Peugeot 205 GTi and Mitsubishi Evo VI. All solid additions and I'm a bit fan of the R5 and R2 classes representing the modern sport, but there are some very notable absentees.

Peugeot's R2 car and 206 feature highly and, of course, the notable absence of Toyota and, to a lesser extent, Skoda and Saab jump out a mile.

I understand licencing is difficult and I'm grateful that the historical highlights have carried over from DR, especially the excellent Group B and '70s' sets (though I personally wish the Stratos was in this group still). I don't envy whoever has to do it. But as a consumer, in my most basic form, I miss a Group A Celica, Fabia R5, Peugeot 206, Saab 96, a 70s or 80s Porsche and a 208 R2 and it grates to see the Celica in other games (such as AC).

However, I'm a big fan of DLC as a concept and hope the good list can be transformed into a great one with a couple of the above additions in future and don't get me wrong, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of what is there!

I'm in the same boat with dlc and I really hope cm doesn't listen to others that whine about it and just decide not to even try for more cars.

Rational people understand that licensing costs money along with all the work that goes into making the assets and making the cars sound and look great.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • AzoresstAzoresst Member Petrol Head
    edited May 19
    Well, IMO I think the list is pretty good for a start. Obviously I would like CM to add more cars and locations through DLC, hopefully they will, but even If they don't~, I think there's a good variety of cars to have fun. :wink:
    Post edited by Azoresst on
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• carpacarpa Member Pit Crew

We've lost the C4 and 4x 2010 cars, replaced with 4x R5 cars, 2x R2 cars, an Opel Ascona, Peugeot 205 GTi and Mitsubishi Evo VI. All solid additions and I'm a bit fan of the R5 and R2 classes representing the modern sport, but there are some very notable absentees.

Peugeot's R2 car and 206 feature highly and, of course, the notable absence of Toyota and, to a lesser extent, Skoda and Saab jump out a mile.

I understand licencing is difficult and I'm grateful that the historical highlights have carried over from DR, especially the excellent Group B and '70s' sets (though I personally wish the Stratos was in this group still). I don't envy whoever has to do it. But as a consumer, in my most basic form, I miss a Group A Celica, Fabia R5, Peugeot 206, Saab 96, a 70s or 80s Porsche and a 208 R2 and it grates to see the Celica in other games (such as AC).

However, I'm a big fan of DLC as a concept and hope the good list can be transformed into a great one with a couple of the above additions in future and don't get me wrong, I'm going to enjoy the heck out of what is there!

Couldn't agree more. The car list is good but I hope it gets espanded, even though I have a feeling DLCs would be more oriented to modern rally cars rather than new manufacturers (Toyota ahem ahem)
  • Alf72Alf72 Member Pit Crew

Agree. It's a good car list but not a great one. DiRT 4 has everything to be a very successful game, probably even more than DiRT Rally, and hopefully that will help Codies go for some cars and locations dlcs, down the line.

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• adrodukeadroduke Member New Car Smell
    edited May 20

Yeah i also agree, it's a good list but, would really like the Peugeot 206 to be included, it has been in many games before, plus the kit cars lineup is lacking, where is the renault megane or  astra? Hopefully CM does DLC in the near future.