Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Confirmed Car List

Comments

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Hyundai R5 announced in the pre-order too (and on the cover maybe). Hopefully there's a way for people to buy it if they arrive later to the game.

Now just hoping for the Skoda R5 and I'm a really happy bunny rally-wise!
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Hyundai R5 announced in the pre-order too (and on the cover maybe). Hopefully there's a way for people to buy it if they arrive later to the game.

I wonder if the i20 is just gifted to you in the game rather than only being available to those who pre-order? 

Fast posting @dani211212 and @StephanSRT, I was still watching the video! Original list now updated, that puts us up to 30 cars now!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    edited March 1
    tbtstt said:

I wonder if the i20 is just gifted to you in the game rather than only being available to those who pre-order? 

Fast posting @dani211212 and @StephanSRT, I was still watching the video! Original list now updated, that puts us up to 30 cars now!
    I was wondering the same but realized, that making it only available to those who pre-order would make no sense. I mean, the car is on the box-art (of the Xbox version). Imagine how ludicrous would that be, if you couldn't drive the car that's literally on the cover of the game
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Race Steward
    Didzis said:
    I was wondering the same but realized, that making it only available to those who pre-order would make no sense. I mean, the car is on the box-art (of the Xbox version). Imagine how ludicrous would that be, if you couldn't drive the car that's literally on the cover of the game
    The car is not on the box-art of the Xbox version. The art is the same for all versions. What you're seeing is a redeemable Xbox DLC card, which, at first glance, may look like a game casing.

I honestly hope the Hyundai is not exclusive for pre-orders, I strongly dislike when companies do that.
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Didzis said:
    The car is not on the box-art of the Xbox version. The art is the same for all versions. What you're seeing is a redeemable Xbox DLC card, which, at first glance, may look like a game casing.

I honestly hope the Hyundai is not exclusive for pre-orders, I strongly dislike when companies do that.
    I promise you everyone will have it one way or another. 

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    bogani said:
    I promise you everyone will have it one way or another. 
    Or not...
    KickUp said:
    You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I'm very surprised by that move. 

• Body is i20 characters too short.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

So am I. Now, if info is correct and there are some, not one, some good ones missing from the R5 class, then that means the DS3 and the Skoda are out, leaving only a 208 and a Fiesta. An R5 class with just two cars for those who don't want to risk preordering is a little meager.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    edited March 1
    Wasn't there talks about getting a fourth R5? Or is my memory failing me?

And by fourth I mean the Mirage R5. It's pretty much the only left and it's very off the radar
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
    edited March 1
    Wasn't there talks about getting a fourth R5? Or is my memory failing me?

And by fourth I mean the Mirage R5. It's pretty much the only left and it's very off the radar
    Well, according to our fellow user Rallycamerman, there were 3 R5s present, with a 4th one pending licensing. Now, considering how difficult licensing has become, I wouldn't count on that 4th one making it. You mention the Mirage R5 and it could, indeed, be a possibility, considering the rumors of it being looked at by members of Codemasters. On the other had, based on what I've read of the Mirage, licensing for it may actually prove harder than one might think. You see, the Mirage R5 project is not officially endorsed by Mitsubishi. In fact, Mitsubishi were the ones who denied its homologation. I don't think you can license the Mirage by just signing an agreement with Mpart. Mpart may own the rights to the R5 conversion of the car, but the original Mirage still belongs to Mitsubishi and if Mitsubishi does not approve of that car, in official capacity, putting it in the game may not be possible.

BTW, I know this is off-topic but, speaking of licensing, PCARS 2 is going nuts with it. They may have the best car lists of this year.
    To the best of my memory...

Luke (so not completely official) mentioned three R5s and said they were trying to get a fourth.

@warpengage above believes that there will be 'some' missing from a conversation.

There's a rumour that says CM visited Spencer Sport and did some work with their Mirage R5 last year (hopefully it had the spoiler on!). I think they mentioned recordings but could be wrong.

We've seen the Ford, IGN (I think) mentioned the Peugeot 208 and the Hyundai is confirmed today.

So...

I agree that it's likely that the three are the Peugeot, Ford and Hyundai, and there's a possible fourth. We know Skoda and DS have been elusive and the Mirage isn't homologated, but if they're chasing a fourth it could be any of these really. There's a possibility that the IGN Peugeot mention was a mistake, but it would make sense with CM's apparently good relationship with Peugeot.

My fingers are crossed for the Fabia, either in June or as DLC, but I'm far from expectant.

For the record, there is also a Polo and C3 in development IRL.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    This may not be relevant but the Mirage R5 was included in the Ipad game asphalt extreme. It was only called R5 there but still, it does mean it's not impossible to get.

If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
    This may not be relevant but the Mirage R5 was included in the Ipad game asphalt extreme. It was only called R5 there but still, it does mean it's not impossible to get.
    *snip*
    That's true. Notice how the Hyundai is not called the i20 R5 but just the R5. They could just call it: Mitsubishi R5.
    Really interesting how Mitsubishi seem happy to licence it, let their regional dealers use it, but still won't let them homologate it. Not sure how much money they're being asked for.
  • HodobodohovnoCZHodobodohovnoCZ Member Pit Crew
    By the way, how it´s possible games like Richard Burns Rally or GTA V can have mods for every single car. They don´t need license?
    By the way, how it´s possible games like Richard Burns Rally or GTA V can have mods for every single car. They don´t need license?

Mods are unlicenced content created by amateurs. I use the word 'amateur' in the 'not-paid' definition, because the quality of some mod content in some games is exceptional.

Although they're technically still breaching copyright, they're not making money from the licence so pretty low priority for the rights holders.
  • HodobodohovnoCZHodobodohovnoCZ Member Pit Crew
    @RodgerDavies Thank you for the answer. Then will be nice if DiRT 4 support mods, but I think is impossible. (IMaybe custom livery like in DiRT Rally.)
    @RodgerDavies Thank you for the answer. Then will be nice if DiRT 4 support mods, but I think is impossible. (IMaybe custom livery like in DiRT Rally.)

Paul has said elsewhere that it will be similar to DiRT Rally, so custom liveries should be possible. Unlikely to be any official mod support though. A lot of games that have a lot of licensing requirements these days are making modding more difficult, presumably to appease the licensees, and you can see those that encourage modding struggle a bit more with languages.

As Assetto Corsa has courted more manufacturers, for example, they have actively moved to remove their mod support.

Pity, but that's the modern world!
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    seeing some videos on dirt 4 does not seem so difficult as dirt rally..Spero it is unplayable as dirt rally
    edited March 1
    Edit: oops, posted in the wrong thread...