Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Testing, testing!

Comments

• vvvilivvvili Member, Drivers Pit Crew

tiametduk said:

will there be more phases for the F1 2017 beta

Probably more than one at least because on the e-mail it said that "first phase". There wouldn't be need for that if there was going to be just one test. 

F1 2016 had three different betas (if I remember correctly) and I assume its something similar this year. 
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head

vvvili said:

tiametduk said:

will there be more phases for the F1 2017 beta

Probably more than one at least because on the e-mail it said that "first phase". There wouldn't be need for that if there was going to be just one test. 

F1 2016 had three different betas (if I remember correctly) and I assume its something similar this year. 

I missed out last year. But I suppose the same people were used for all 3 phases?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • firezombifirezombi Member Unleaded
    Yes, it was the same persons for all 3 phases for last years beta @haydn23.
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Wheel Nut
    Well, I got accepted too, so thanks for that :)
    Any clue as to when the codes will be sent out?
    Kinda impatient to try the new cars lol
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Race Steward

Hopefully after I get my wheel back from its repairs, haha. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
  • firezombifirezombi Member Unleaded
    Why you don't use a pad in the meantime your wheel isn't back? @inspiretheworld
    Anyway i wish you luck for your wheel.
  • QuangMinhQuangMinh Member New Car Smell
    Good luck to those who received their emails, I didn't :( So sad
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Race Steward

I think it would be easier having some of the old testers in the new beta. They can be trusted more especially when it comes to the leaking of info. There was only 1 leak of the HUD during last year's beta test. There's a higher chance with a 600 person increase. Who knows really if it could all go to ashes with an extra 600 people. It's 300 per platform correct?

Disagree with that I know some complete clowns who got beta access last year and could no more spell feedback then provide any,so it doesn't necessarily follow that if you beta tested last year would be a better chance of quality feedback.
  • speeddemon8021speeddemon8021 Member Race Steward
    Well surprisingly I got beta access too,given I've been a very vocal critic of codies on here(which is only coz I'm passionate about league racing and want the game to be the best it can be)So thanks the guys at codies I look forward to providing useful feedback.
  • SentryAlphaSentryAlpha Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited April 14

Well surprisingly I got beta access too,given I've been a very vocal critic of codies on here(which is only coz I'm passionate about league racing and want the game to be the best it can be)So thanks the guys at codies I look forward to providing useful feedback.

I mean yeah obviously keep the good people who provided good feedback. No point of having them in the beta if the feedback they give isn't useful at all. 
    Gamertag: jageroni | I'm on Xbox and kinda from the USA | 'MERICA
  • DotchDotch Member New Car Smell
    Yes, I got an e-mail! I hope that beta access will start really soon and maybe multiplayer mode will be enable to testing. :p This mode is the most important to me, but I will enjoy every part of this Beta. 
    Administator of polish leagues in F1 Codemasters
  • BodykitflaresBodykitflares Member Pit Crew
    Got one. Happy is me, as I feel that I can can give very good feedback for when the rest of the players get the game.
    XB1 Gamertag: ESR Orca

AOR XB1 F1 Driver

Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
    edited April 14

Got one. Happy is me, as I feel that I can can give very good feedback for when the rest of the players get the game.

Also, when is "due course?; when should we expect the beta?

AOR XB1 F1 Driver

Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
  • MR61088MR61088 Member Wheel Nut

I think there won't be no new cars. It was the same last year. 
    We should focus on handling, tyres and laptimes first with comparrison between assits vs. mid- vs. non assited laps and switch between pad and wheel if possible ;) 
    Then check the setup values and try crazy settings to see if there is a hide bug and other stuff like that.

I think we will get the first three or four tracks to compare our times with the real F1 to get close as possible for the top guys on all platforms. 

If you want to drive the new cars get Assetto Corsa and the ACFL 2017 Mod :smiley:
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/M41k_R

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/M41kR

follow, subscribe and like  ;)
    Agreed. I think it will only be time trial right? Yeah so unfortunately we can't check the slipstream or a  new mutation of the tyre wear glitch so all we can do is check the feel and track updates(depending on how many tracks we have)

AOR XB1 F1 Driver

Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Race Steward
    Maybe time trail is only for the 1st phase? I'm sure we'll get a upgrade when we come into phase 2
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 7600+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    F1 2017 Beta Tester

I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

• Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Wheel Nut

MR61088 said:

I think there won't be no new cars. It was the same last year. 
    We should focus on handling, tyres and laptimes first with comparrison between assits vs. mid- vs. non assited laps and switch between pad and wheel if possible ;) 
    Then check the setup values and try crazy settings to see if there is a hide bug and other stuff like that.

I think we will get the first three or four tracks to compare our times with the real F1 to get close as possible for the top guys on all platforms. 

If you want to drive the new cars get Assetto Corsa and the ACFL 2017 Mod :smiley:

I can do all the assist work and the funny setup stuff, but with no wheel, I obviously can't do that side of things...
    Also, I'm on PS4. So no mods for AC and tbh, I don't even want to play that game anyway lol
  • MR61088MR61088 Member Wheel Nut
    I only wanted to say that you won't get the new cars @Bankai3987 ;) 

Seriously said:

Maybe time trail is only for the 1st phase? I'm sure we'll get a upgrade when we come into phase 2

Yeah i think this will be case and i think it's a good start to collect some datas

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/M41k_R

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/M41kR

follow, subscribe and like  ;)
This discussion has been closed.