Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Testing, testing!

Comments

• THEHAMZAGAMER12THEHAMZAGAMER12 New Car Smell

JP072 said:

Yeah just be happy you got invited to help Codies, just be patience with them.
    Give them the time they need to produce the best F1 game they can.
    i also check the forum and my email more now;) but the codes will come guys. I know it's hard;) 

And your Twitter account  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Excatly
  • patience is virtue my friends

Body is 11 characters too short.
  • JackLane1982JackLane1982 New Car Smell
    Didn't get the mail. Pretty lame!
    That proves that they just randomly picked users. If they really read my application (and some of my friends) we would be in. As a lot of people I play sim (F1) games for over a decade, so nothing special about that. But I also have real life race experience in karts and open wheel vehicles (also over a decade experience). Not a lot of people have that experience and I would like to bring that experience to the game. If Codemasters wants to take the step from sim/arcade to SIM racing you should let actual racedrivers take the beta test.

Codemasters, failed in my perspective. E.G. Wondering why drivers in iRacing actually are being picked up by real life race teams? Because iRacing used a lot of real drivers, so that they exterminate the arcade behavior out of the game.

Anyway, good luck to all the testers!

• Didn't get the mail. Pretty lame!
    That proves that they just randomly picked users. If they really read my application (and some of my friends) we would be in. As a lot of people I play sim (F1) games for over a decade, so nothing special about that. But I also have real life race experience in karts and open wheel vehicles (also over a decade experience). Not a lot of people have that experience and I would like to bring that experience to the game. If Codemasters wants to take the step from sim/arcade to SIM racing you should let actual racedrivers take the beta test.

Codemasters, failed in my perspective. E.G. Wondering why drivers in iRacing actually are being picked up by real life race teams? Because iRacing used a lot of real drivers, so that they exterminate the arcade behavior out of the game.

Codemasters are trying to create a game similar to the forza horizon series in that it is easy to play, while it is as realistic as possible. They handpicked the people who would make sure that with what they got, the game was not impossible for low-level people, but not too easy for high-level competitors. They were not looking for Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel. Everybody talks about iRacing as a benchmark, but that is NOT what this game is meant to be.
    XB1 Gamertag: Killerwhale48

F1 2017 beta tester

Little Squeaker
  • mantazzomantazzo Wheel Nut
    You probably wanted to say Forza Motorsport, but else - very well said @Bodykitflares.
    If you didn't get the invite notification this year don't worry, there will always be next time (if there's next time, of course :D ). For now, you'll have to wait for all the official news.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • haydn23haydn23 Co-Driver

I could have said I had 3 years of competitive kart racing experience, which I do, but I didn't cause karts are vastly different to f1 cars. And when u think about it, f3+2 cars aren't that similar either.

I think those who have experience over all 3 aswell, the arcade (forza), semi-arcade (f1+assetto corsa), and full sim (iracing). Also I call assetto semi when I look at in the adjustments such as ers etc.. I would have said project cars but lmao.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02

• mantazzo said:

You probably wanted to say Forza Motorsport, but else - very well said @Bodykitflares.
    If you didn't get the invite notification this year don't worry, there will always be next time (if there's next time, of course :D ). For now, you'll have to wait for all the official news.

Forza motorsport is more of a sim than horizon, but horizon is still semi realistic and easy to play.

F1 2017 beta tester

Little Squeaker
  • kraM1tkraM1t Wheel Nut
    Assetto Semi-Sim and iRacing full sim you guys are hilarious and clueless, thanks for the laughs.

AC's tyre model is vastly superior to iceRacings btw

• kraM1t said:

Did you just call Forza Horizon realistic? lmao

The most prominent feature of the horizon series is its pick-up-and-play style(while it still has an extremely detailed tuning menu). If f1 2016 was a sim, no-one would buy it. It would loose its marketability to the less serious players.

F1 2017 beta tester

Little Squeaker

kraM1t said:

Assetto Semi-Sim and iRacing full sim you guys are hilarious and clueless, thanks for the laughs.

AC's tyre model is vastly superior to iceRacings btw

if u read what I put u would know what I was on about
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • haitch40haitch40 Unleaded

Sounds like typical rejected from job saltiness. 'Well it's their loss'
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Pit Crew
    edited April 23
    Don't make a typo in yo

I don't see you on an f1 circuit racing against Hamilton and vettel in your red bull, go karting and 5 lap experiences in a formula Renault doesn't make you a "real racer", so stop being salty and deal with not being chosen
    Its just banter...
  • UKDarkPredatorUKDarkPredator New Car Smell
    I can't wait for #NoCodeMonday!                

I can't wait for #NoCodeMonday!                

I'll bet you we get them tmrw, cause I go back to work tmrw, so I can't play it as much :(
  • pijinpijin Pit Crew
    I'd imagine they'd send them on a Thursday or Friday, since they'd expect more people to play over a weekend or two rather than during the week.
  • DarkMarkXDDarkMarkXD Wheel Nut
    Codies, can I be on a reserve driver list for this beta test please...? I didn't make the cut again this year, FML!

Hope all you who got in have a great experience, making the game great for us :smiley:
    PSN - DarkMark_XD
  • Jaden728Jaden728 New Car Smell
    Can we at least get an update on what is currently happening at Codies? Personally it'd make me feel better if they said they were ironing out bugs and what not, or working on the announcement for the game.
  • pijinpijin Pit Crew

Who told you that they want real race car drivers to test this? Do you know their selection criteria? I don't think they publicized that at all. They didn't say whoever has the most super license points will get the code, nor did they say whoever has the most sim racing or open wheel racing experience would get the job. Nor did they say they want to go from simcade to SIM racing. They want to have a product that appeals to anyone who likes racing games, not only to those who have dedicated their lives to racing in sims and cars all day long. If you do that, great! Keep doing it, but that's not what F1 by Codemasters is supposed to, nor will ever be. You are properly fooling yourself if you think this game is somehow supposed to be a feeder series for F2 or F3 or something. It is for FUN (noun, 1.
    something that provides mirth or amusement, in case you needed a definition), not for race drivers to practice.  If your post is anything to go by, your arrogance enough is probably why you didn't get selected.
  • I can run up the stairs in 0:700 seconds. Does that make me qualified enough to be involved in the beta ? 
This discussion has been closed.