Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Testing, testing!

Comments

• Alonso86Alonso86 Member Unleaded
    edited April 25
    Can you please PLEASE tell us while we wait so patiently for the beta will the cars be a 2017 or 2016 visual build.  I'm just curious I drive Offset T-Cam would love to see the wider tyres.   Please tell us the Camera Editor is coming back ???.  
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver

Alonso86 said:

Can you please PLEASE tell us while we wait so patiently for the beta will the cars be a 2017 or 2016 visual build.  I'm just curious I drive Offset T-Cam would love to see the wider tyres.   Please tell us the Camera Editor is coming back ???.  

Last year for the 2016 beta we had the 2015 cars and because this beta is e earlier unless they're going for an earlier release I think we'll have the 2016 cars but with the 2017 handling model. Camera editor ain't going because it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    edited April 25

I can run up the stairs in 0:700 seconds. Does that make me qualified enough to be involved in the beta ? 

Depends how many steps this stairway is. if it's only twelf steps you don't qualify. (Codemasters beta qualify rules, line 6, point 2)

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut

Dboyking1 said:

Alonso86 said:

Last year for the 2016 beta we had the 2015 cars and because this beta is e earlier unless they're going for an earlier release I think we'll have the 2016 cars but with the 2017 handling model. Camera editor ain't going because it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

I also tested last year and been picked for This year and I think that there Will be 2017 cars in the beta, because that would make sense. Its weird to see that you can Go faster in a 2016 car and that would be (for me) a disadvantage. Its my opinion, so its personally from my side. How I see it :blush:
  • JP072JP072 Member Petrol Head
    It would be nice to have a 2017 car, doesnt need to have a livery.
    but guess it will be a 2016 with the handling from a 2017 model.
    can someone from codies give us a timeframe when the codes will be send out?like next month/next week or something.
  • carpacarpa Member Co-Driver

Alonso86 said:

The cars will have 2016 models with 2017 tyres and liveries, as I think one of the testers said
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion

Dboyking1 said: ...it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

I'm assuming you've had 2010-16?
    You remember when you first came to my office? I asked you, "Do you want to be an eagle, or do you want to be a **** bird?" And you said "I want to be an eagle".
    You got to be what you say you're going to be, which you aren't.
    You got to do what you say you're going to do, which you haven't.

FRACTURED said:

Dboyking1 said: ...it wouldn't make sense for codies to add something to delete it

Yea I was thinking the same thing they did it with a lot of stuff. Haha 
  • Dboyking1Dboyking1 Member, Drivers Co-Driver

FRACTURED said:

Haha very funny

"I've always believed you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Micheal Schumacher

#KeepFightingMicheal

• almafialmafi Member Unleaded
    I just don´t get the point in telling your "beta-testers" that they are able to participate and than nothing happens for weeks, without any real information? I mean where is the logic. You hype the testers up, but then you disappoint them in the following weeks. Would be great to get some info in generell about the game.
    FRL League Driver | Youtube | PC | X-Box 360 Pad | No assist / only racingline
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew

almafi said:

for weeks

It's been only 2 weeks... By Codemasters standards it's normal (No offense Codies) :D
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • almafialmafi Member Unleaded

mantazzo said:

almafi said:

for weeks

It's been only 2 weeks... By Codemasters standards it's normal (No offense Codies) :D

Yea, but you get the point right ? :D
    FRL League Driver | Youtube | PC | X-Box 360 Pad | No assist / only racingline
  • jimo161jimo161 Member New Car Smell
    Why don't you all be patient and wait? If they hadn't sent you the email saying that you've been picked.... you'd all be moaning at that? Just be thankful you've been pick 

jimo161 said:

Why don't you all be patient and wait? If they hadn't sent you the email saying that you've been picked.... you'd all be moaning at that? Just be thankful you've been pick 

True man we should be patient but it would be great to get a little info on the game it self after all we the fans / customers will be paying for it.   It's not like there is no info to give 
    The way I'm passing my time is playing the **** out of F1 2016 at the moment so when I jump to the Beta i should feel and notice the difference a lot better but it would be sweet to know what tracks will be in the beta.  Any beta testers What was in last years ?  
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Alonso86 said:

jimo161 said:

True man we should be patient but it would be great to get a little info on the game it self after all we the fans / customers will be paying for it.   It's not like there is no info to give 

We'll be giving you a lot more information when we announce :)

On announce and beta keys etc., we're aiming to send them out around announce.
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Unleaded

Alonso86 said:

jimo161 said:

We'll be giving you a lot more information when we announce :)

On announce and beta keys etc., we're aiming to send them out around announce.

Sweet! That's all I wanted to hear, glad for the update.
  • MR61088MR61088 Member Wheel Nut
    As it was expected to be honest
    Like last year :) 
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/M41k_R

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/M41kR

follow, subscribe and like  ;)
  • JoeLeeJoeLee Member New Car Smell
    Another week goes by, still no code/announcement... codies sure do like to take their time...
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Unleaded

JoeLee said:

Another week goes by, still no code/announcement... codies sure do like to take their time...

Well at this point we're not waiting on codes really to me, just the game announcement. Do you want to push Codie's to shove out an super underwhelming game ad/trailer all just for beta testers?
This discussion has been closed.