Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Testing, testing!

Comments

• dwin20dwin20 Member Unleaded
    coolieboy said:
    ffigueir said:
    Will testing be available for those who live in other areas out of Europe ? last year, it was restrict to Europeans only. Please advise.
    Only ps4 was in Europe only in last years beta. I dont know if that it is the Same again.
    Hey, just for clarification, just like last year, Xbox One and PC is worldwide, PS4 is Europe only.
    Great, I'm out again. Sucks to be a North American PS4 user. 
    Same here 

@jennyannem - why is PS4 Europe only?
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Unleaded
    coolieboy said:
    ffigueir said:
    Will testing be available for those who live in other areas out of Europe ? last year, it was restrict to Europeans only. Please advise.
    Only ps4 was in Europe only in last years beta. I dont know if that it is the Same again.
    Hey, just for clarification, just like last year, Xbox One and PC is worldwide, PS4 is Europe only.
    Great, I'm out again. Sucks to be a North American PS4 user. 
    Same here buddy...it sucks to be a South American PS4 user :(
  • HusseinGamingPsHusseinGamingPs Member Unleaded
    How does the ps4 region work exactly? Can't you just make a UK psn and enter the code?
  • coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Steward
    You could....but it's too much of a hassle to do it just for a beta. 
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Unleaded
    When will we know who the Beta testers are???
  • NagromNagrom Member Wheel Nut
    We will know when they will announce that they are sending the mails to the selected beta testers.
    When they will do that is unknown, they didn't want to tell us (they may not have decided yet)
  • PhipsiPhipsi Member, Drivers Unleaded
    @jennyannem what about Beta news
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Unleaded
    Phipsi said:
    @jennyannem what about Beta news
    soon  :D
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited February 27
    Looks like some peeps are already busy testing.

Post edited by ImDyingYouIdiot on
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • floriswijers16floriswijers16 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Looks like some peeps are already busy testing.

Also saw it! Very Nice to hear and see that they are Seriously working on it (again)! Hopefully they can bring out some news out This week like last year!? But This is a very good sign!
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Team Principal
    Yeah, it's good to hear that testing starts this early in the year.

Of course, the trade-off for anyone testing right now is having to stay in Birmingham. Can't have it all, I guess.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Pit Crew
    I don't understand how they can have a base of handling for the new game when they don't even know the nature of the cars in real life, never mind that we haven't even seen them run a lap over the tv yet etc. (That's if they are testing the handling, which I assume they are)
     F1 drivers are just getting to grips with them in real life, so how come CodeMasters know how they handle when real F1 teams don't ? Slightly concerned if I'm honest. How can they expect a few youtubers to know. (No disrespect to the guys,) but come on. 
    #tabtoeaely 
  • nexus1011nexus1011 Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    I don't understand how they can have a base of handling for the new game when they don't even know the nature of the cars in real life, never mind that we haven't even seen them run a lap over the tv yet etc. (That's if they are testing the handling, which I assume they are)
     F1 drivers are just getting to grips with them in real life, so how come CodeMasters know how they handle when real F1 teams don't ? Slightly concerned if I'm honest. How can they expect a few youtubers to know. (No disrespect to the guys,) but come on. 
    #tabtoeaely 
    Well you would think that Codies got some simulation data from the teams? Just as they got car models...
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Pit Crew
    edited February 27
    Yeah, I understand that, but surely you can't fully understand a car until they have run laps in it over a day or 2, or even a race. I don't believe they rely on simulation data to make the handling model. Do you really think teams are going to give data out this early when they are against each other for a Championship. 

Taken from a source who is watching the testing. 

The cars do look more spectacular from trackside, with the increased corner speed and different shape. My only concern is how much you are going to see the drivers really at work and the cars moving around, as they seem planted.

Post edited by inspiretheworld on
    Great...Back to the original YouTube testers...the game will get hyped up by these guys, then CM will change a bunch of things just before launch...then we will be right back to where F1 2016 left off. 
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited February 27
    coolieboy said:
    Great...Back to the original YouTube testers...the game will get hyped up by these guys, then CM will change a bunch of things just before launch...then we will be right back to where F1 2016 left off. 
    tbf there are 4 guys from the PS4 All-Star race there alongside Gillon, Limitless and Noble, so they have a descent selection of competetive league racers. I guess Aarav and Ben are there fir Career Mode, Still i think that more competetive league racers should have been invited, bc they really know the ins and outs of the game and can see things differently. Tbf  ITB is a nice publicity for them, so in term sof hyping up the game they did things right, i just hope that the feedback of the league racers will be not drowned in the handling beta considering there will be 900 ppl
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
    I got nothing against the YouTube guys. My issue is items like wet weather was really hyped by these guys but then come release and CM removes the rain spray coming off the cars...or not to mention the lack of sparks coming from the back of the car.  Everyone complains that the AI is too easy in the rain, well if we had real rainspray effects then there will be more of a challenge. 

I really want CM to nail this year's game as this might be the last official F1 game I buy...I'm all for safety but the halo concept planned for 2018 will make cockpit view unplayable or very ugly and ruin the experience.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    coolieboy said:
    tbf there are 4 guys from the PS4 All-Star race there alongside Gillon, Limitless and Noble, so they have a descent selection of competetive league racers. I guess Aarav and Ben are there fir Career Mode, Still i think that more competetive league racers should have been invited, bc they really know the ins and outs of the game and can see things differently. Tbf  ITB is a nice publicity for them, so in term sof hyping up the game they did things right, i just hope that the feedback of the league racers will be not drowned in the handling beta considering there will be 900 ppl
    I think you said well. There are actual league racers like you mentioned, there are youtubers (mostly for Career Mode and stuff) like Tiatmetmarduk or aarava and there are players (who prefer a good experience overall) like ITB or xMattyG. I think it's a quite well selected team. (And I think my English is kinda broken at this point)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member New Car Smell
    The cars won't handle much differently, Codies will use the same handling model of 2016 and just increase corning ability with some more downforce, it's not like the current cars are accurate to the real thing anyway, even proper simulators aren't that close like Assetto/RF2/AMS/iRacing

They're good simulations, and Codemasters isn't even anywhere near those.
  • Leader2011Leader2011 Member Unleaded
    coolieboy said:
    Shame that bunch did not spot the bugs, maybe to busy making themselfs look pretty for youtube.