Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

A suggestion and a request for Codemaster relating to F1 2017

As a result of endless lag and connection issues in F1 2016 and in numerous previous titles during online league races due to a player-to-player connection, can we finally have dedicated servers for F1 2017?

Comments

• alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Craig8728 said:
    As a result of endless lag and connection issues in F1 2016 and in numerous previous titles during online league races due to a player-to-player connection, can we finally have dedicated servers for F1 2017?
    yes yes and yes, p2p just causes too much lag especially for competetive racing. I personally wouldn't even mind if they were paid, because it would be worth the benefit to the normal Online. Even if codies will further improve the online, even bigger franshises like cod, fifa etc. have issues with lag, when using p2p, so i hope codies go that route and offers dedicated servers for leagues at least
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
  • IJS84IJS84 Member New Car Smell
    Agree

Even if its not official codemasters servers, just providing support for dedicated servers would make a huge difference.
  • jammie360jammie360 Member Unleaded
    I agree evrybody agree and comment //body too short 
  • JupiterJoeJupiterJoe Member Pit Crew
    edited February 5
    One suggestion is for there to be a mention on the lobby page that the multiplayer host has allowed assists or not.  2016 doesn't have that, so it's endless people joining my game only to find there are no assists, once the game has loaded.  After all that time waiting in the lobby for people to join, waiting for the game to load, then sitting in the garage adjusting set-ups and whatnot, only to watch them spin off on the first few corners and then quit when they realise there are no assists.  This wastes a huge amount of everyone's time and spoils the 2016 multiplayer experience. 
  • MineriaMineria Member New Car Smell
    F1 2016 is already pretty good, but lacks support of two things making me not playing the game, I hope that this will be addressed in F1 2017:
    Support for TrackIR, a big miss that it isn't included in F1 2016.
    Support to remap all game to controller buttons.

Agreeing to the above regarding servers and multiplayer game presentation.

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    Mineria said:
    F1 2016 is already pretty good, but lacks support of two things making me not playing the game, I hope that this will be addressed in F1 2017:

I'm with you. Esspecially remapping of buttons, but I'm under the impression that this problem is Xbox One (Microsoft) related. Not sure if you are referring to the Xbox One.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    Craig8728 said:
    Never gonna happen on Codemasters watch.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    It depends on how much return it makes for them. If they decided on a rent a server scheme similar to Battlefield and it makes them more money why not go for it. Like helmet packs for your career driver. I'd be happy to pay for that and for a server if the options within the server are easy to understand to the average player

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    i think that there would be definetly interest in paid servers. In a league with 20 drivers the costs can be distributed and i bet that 3-5 Euros per person is a price league racrs would defo pay for a lag free experience, while sprint mode and normal lobbies can remain on P2P.
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Co-Driver
    Dedicated servers would be a great idea and baring in mind this is probably their most played game online I do not see why they wouldn't want to. However it is a case of cost, this is why part of me wants DLC, so they can earn more money to give us these nice things! If we don't see dedicated servers I would like to see a complete and utter overhaul in the netcode as I feel it is much needed!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • MineriaMineria Member New Car Smell
    edited March 15
    Mineria said:

I'm with you. Esspecially remapping of buttons, but I'm under the impression that this problem is Xbox One (Microsoft) related. Not sure if you are referring to the Xbox One.
    Nopes. I'm on about the PC version.
    Beside full button mapping, some more FFB detail on Fanatec CSW v.2/2.5 would be nice, plus not loosing FFB completely when switching between and restarting sessions.

EDIT: And one more thing, full VR support, even if I don't use VR plenty of other sim racers do.
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 16
    EDIT: And one more thing, full VR support, even if I don't use VR plenty of other sim racers do. 
    Bravo!
  • whitmarsh2whitmarsh2 Member Wheel Nut
    Would be a good idea to have but won't happen. 
    I run the European side of PRL! Feel free to sign up here!
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member New Car Smell
    Would be a good idea to have but won't happen. 
    How do you know?