Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[CAR & TRACKS] LONGER TRACKS!

DeMoN1111111DeMoN1111111 Member New Car Smell
Real Rally has often very long tracks. Why Dirt Rally has only such short 10km tracks? :(
Rally Racing 97 even had the Pundershaw Track which had a length of 58,90km! It is such a great track! I would have loved to see such a track in Dirt Rally again.

But I would be already happy if it would have some 20 to 30km tracks and not just 10km short ones.

Look already here:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/driver_info.php?e=503&d=37842&t=Network-Q-RAC-Rally-1995

Its not that uncommon in real rally to have some longer tracks.

Long tracks are also good against remembering it so easy, making the copilot useless. Long tracks fight against this problem learning all the tracks so fast and the copilot stays more important.
Its also a endurance test for the car. In Rally Racing 97 at the pundershaw track you really have to manage car damage and it was always interesting.

Also: More locations please! The current tracks repeat a bit too often. Not even just the location, even the segments are often areas which you drove already on an other track.

If you want to stay with the very short tracks, please tell why.
I see nothing wrong in having some 25, 35km tracks and so on. And real rally this isnt that uncommon.

[CAR & TRACKS] LONGER TRACKS! 9 votes

Longer Tracks! & More Locations!
33%
tólindoMouingWRCcaparkes 3 votes
Longer Tracks!
0%
More Locations!
66%
DanielsVPTunerM1Gomesmain80dani211212LordJunk 6 votes
Tracks should stay that short (just the current 7 to 10km) (please explain why)
0%

Comments

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    Have you read any of the Dirt 4 info?   
  • DeMoN1111111DeMoN1111111 Member New Car Smell
    I have to admit. No. I will do right now.
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
    Every little bit of information available so far on DiRT4 is in the Gossip thread mate.
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/dirty-gossip-thread/p688

The link will take you to the day D4 was announced.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

I didnt found any info about the track lenghts though. But thats so much text I may have overseen it.

But I saw that we'll have less locations, hmm :neutral:
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    I believe the amount of rally locations is the same as DR, max lengths are also similar. There are more RX tracks and some landrush tracks as well.
    edited February 15
    Still such very short tracks?? :( :(

oh dear. thats a disappointment then :(

Also on DR they say 70 tracks. But that they contain the same sections over and over wasnt said lol
    I think they even count a Reverse one as a "track". Then I understand the 70 lol.
  • TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    edited February 22
    In the latest Inside Sim Racing - Behind the gloves episode, They interviewed Paul about Dirt 4 and Paul talked about wanting to improve Your Stage technology in the future, to make as long as you want stages possible. So we possibly won't see it in dirt 4 but in the future possibly.

Edit: Would have linked that YouTube link but don't know how..
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    edited February 22
    I drove a stage in the Fiesta R5 today which took me just under 12 minutes to complete with just 1 small off.  I was glad to see the end!
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
    Now drive pundershaw with 58,90 km :) Rally Racing 97 has it ;D
  • LordJunkLordJunk Member New Car Smell
    More Locations!
    As far as I get it, there will be a feature to generate tracks customized to your needs in D4. Though I don't know if there will be a max length...
    Of course there are tracks >10km in DRally... I think Finnland has one with almost 16km, and there is hillclimb at pikes peak with 20km. 
    I think more locations would include longer tracks as well^^ for example add the location pundershaw
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Team Principal
    LordJunk said:
    As far as I get it, there will be a feature to generate tracks customized to your needs in D4. Though I don't know if there will be a max length...
    Of course there are tracks >10km in DRally... I think Finnland has one with almost 16km, and there is hillclimb at pikes peak with 20km. 
    I think more locations would include longer tracks as well^^ for example add the location pundershaw

Max length is 13km. There are no 'non-generated' stages.

Now drive pundershaw with 58,90 km :) Rally Racing 97 has it ;D

You are welcome to still drive Pundershaw in RR97. Although I'm guessing you're also a fan of improved graphics and physics? 
    edited March 22
    It would be pure awesome to drive pundershaw with DR's physics and graphics.
    Especially the start of the track is sooo awesome. A long gravel steep downhill start, a bit narrow but still mostly full throttle possible :D just awesome to drive it. and a bit later of course normal turns.
  • LordJunkLordJunk Member New Car Smell
    More Locations!
    Max length is 13km. There are no 'non-generated' stages.
    Well... I'm sure there will be a mod^^
    And yeah, I heard most of the stages from DiRT Rally won't be available anymore... but I'm sure there will be enough people who will generate them. So it might turn out pretty good without the WRC Licenses after all :wink:
    or so I hope...
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Unleaded
    They already said their engine restricts them.