Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MMXVII Formula 1 Grand Prix Predictor Forum Game

afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut

Hello and welcome to the 2017 Formula 1 Grand Prix Predictor Forum Game!

I'm your host Afro and it's good to have your company for what I'm told will be a very spicy season ahead!

You will score points based on the results of every race held in the 2017 season.

THE RULES:

PREDICTIONS
1 - MAKING YOUR PREDICTIONS
It is very easy, you need to predict the top 3 in qualifying and top 10 in the race for every Grand Prix.

TOP 10 IN THE RACE AND TOP 3 IN QUALIFYING
You need to put the finishing position and then the driver who you think will finish there. If you name a driver twice then you will not score points for those two drivers. For instance, if you put Fernando Alonso to finish in 7th and 10th then you will not score points for him, even if he finishes 7th or 10th.

2 - SUBMITTING YOUR PREDICTIONS
Just submit the post with the list of your top 10 finishers and top 3 Qualifiers. Please note that you may NOT EDIT those predictions by editing a post or making a new post later on. If you do so then you will not score points for that Grand Prix. If I see something at the bottom of a post with a prediction and it has been edited then you will not score points for that Grand Prix, so make sure you are happy with your predictions before submitting them as there is no turning back. If you post on here saying that you will make your predictions later then that is fine but you MUST make a BRAND NEW POST with your predictions for them to be counted. If you edit a post from earlier on and replace it with your predictions then I will not count them as it will say that you have edited a post. 

If you make brand new predictions for every race then at the end of the season you will receive a bonus 100 points. It is a little incentive to gain an extra 100 points. For example if someone makes brand new predictions for every race then they will receive those extra 100, but even if you don't make new ones for one race then you won't.

3 - NON-SUBMISSION OF PREDICTIONS
If you enter less than 10 drivers for any Grand Prix then you will not score points for that round. 

4 - PREDICTIONS WHILST BANNED
There have recently been a couple of cases where players have been banned from the forums but would still like to post predictions. If this happens then I will just use your predictions from the last race. When you are off your ban you can predict again. In the event of a permanent ban, you will remain on the scoreboard until the end of the season, but cannot score points once your three race grace period is up.

RESULTS
1 - CHANGES TO RESULTS:
I will use the official race and qualifying results published by the FIA. Any disqualifications or penalties will be used here so for instance, if you chose Fernando Alonso to finish 9th, he did but then got a disqualification then you would not score points for him. It is the same situation in Qualifying, it is the starting grid, not the "over the line" results

2 - TIE BREAKER:
Should 2 or more players score the same number of points from a Grand Prix, the player who submitted their predictions first would take the higher position in the results tables and the player who submitted their predictions last would take the lower position in the results tables. Should predictions from a previous race need to be used, these will be ranked behind a new set for the race.

3 - RESULTS TABLES
I will keep a sheet of all results from Grand Prix's along with totals for each player. I will update the subsequent post with the latest result

DEADLINES
The deadline for predictions is before Qualifying is scheduled to begin. Any predictions posted after this time will not be counted.

LATE DRIVER CHANGES

If a driver you have picked is unable to race then the driver who replaces him will replace your vote. Tough luck if a driver you have predicted pulls out and a bad one comes in.

JOINING THE GAME
You may join the game at any time, you must make a post though declaring that you are in the game and you will start on 0 points. It is best if you join at the start of the season because you will score more points. To see if you are in the game then check the post after this, there will also be the results tables there

ARGUING

If there are any arguments here which I think damages the reputation of the thread then the people mainly involved will receive a 50 point deduction from their overall score. I will give you a warning though if I feel you are close to getting the deduction.

POINTS SYSTEM

You will be awarded points using this system:

QUALIFYING:
6 – Correctly predicted Qualifying position
4 – Prediction 1 place away from actual Qualifying position
2 – Prediction 2 places away from actual Qualifying position
0 – Prediction 3 or more places away from actual Qualifying position

RACE:
20 - Correctly predicted finishing position
10 - Prediction 1 place away from actual finishing position
5 - Prediction 2 places away from actual finishing position
0 - Prediction 3 or more places away from actual finishing position
0 - Failure to make a complete set of predictions

Bonus 50 – Perfectly predicted Top 5
Bonus 25 – Correctly predicted Top 5 but not in the right order

Bonus 5 - Correctly predicted the driver who set the fastest lap of the race

The maximum points you can get from Qualifying is 23
The maximum points you can get from the Race is 255

Here is an example of how to make your predictions:

Qualifying:
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Daniel Ricciardo
3) Marcus Ericcson (lol what a joker)

Race:
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Max Verstappen
3) Sebastian Vettel
4) Kimi Raikkonen
5) Valtteri Bottas
6) Nico Hulkkenburg
7) Sergio Perez
8) Daniil Kvyat
9) Romain Grosjean
10) Lance Stroll

NEW FOR 2017

1) Change to prediction cut off

This year new predictions will be allowed up until the START of Qualifying rather than before FP3

2) Non-submission of predictions

This year if you fail to provide a NEW prediction every race then you will not score points for that round. To clarify, you can use the same prediction from the previous rounds, but you must make a new post every round. To incentivise this, the end of year bonus for making a new post every round has increased to 100 points

3) Bonus points

I have made it slightly harder to get bonus points, instead of correctly predicting the top 3, it is now the top 5 that need to be correct. Points have been adjusted accordingly

4) End of year prizes

I have been in touch with Jenny about some goodies but she hasn't responded so I'll let yous know

YouTube - Afro's Racing | Twitter - @afrosracing | PSN - afroripper98

Comments

• afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    edited March 19
    People who have signed up/Teams

afrodude41/Jiggy - Afro Force
    mike96/RevolvingPrawn - Willyams
    MBKF1/flsince08 - TBA
    GoldenColt/Vettelfan - TBA
    onetwothree/Matthew77258 - TBA
    AMS97KRR/Chadwick8505 - TBA
    Juice29/ DiRTKiNG808 - Red Flag Redemption
    SynGamer
    Post edited by afrodude41 on
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    As  always, I'm in!                                                                                
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    WAHEEY, sign me up!

Also, thread is now sticky wicky.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Count me in again.

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Me please! The new rules are very interesting!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• JiggyJiggy Member Co-Driver
    I am in. I want goodies like my name is Ciara and I'm being featured by Missy Elliott.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    I'm in, but are we still doing teams?

And someone will need to ping me every week to remind me to predict.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    @onetwothree sorry I didn't mention teams, but yes they are still a thing this year
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I'm in, and hoping to do better than last season :#
    @onetwothree sorry I didn't mention teams, but yes they are still a thing this year
    Brilliant! @Matthew77258, I think it's your turn to choose the name.

CHECK PILLAGE!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    @mike96 and I are gonna be Willyams team mates again! :)
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    edited February 21
    I'll join again :)

Edit: I will just say though, I don't agree with predictions only being for one round, sometimes people just forget and I think it spoils the fun if people are missing out on points for a round because of it. Personally I'd make it so that if you forget, you can use last times predictions but the next race must be fresh. Either that or make a system where once a season you can use last weeks if you forget.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    edited February 23
    I'll join again. And I'll happily team up with @GoldenColt again if that's okay with him. 
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Sure thing, was about to ask you anyway.

This time we'll underpromise and overdeliver. Top 10 should be our goal. ;)

@fIsince08 Shall we?                       
  • Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    Screw it
    I'll sign up again.                       

#TeamLH

MBKF1 said:
    @fIsince08 Shall we?                       
    Tbh I'm surprised it's taken you this long to propose.

• Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Giving me too much creative responsibility is a terrible idea.
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:
    @fIsince08 Shall we?                       
    I do.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----