Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The first DiRT 4 Dev Diary is here! And we have news of Special Editions too… | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageThe first DiRT 4 Dev Diary is here! And we have news of Special Editions too… | Codemasters Blog

Hello! Today’s an awesome day, and that’s because we have two brand new things to tell you about.  Want to know more about Your Stage and all the different editions of DiRT 4 we’re planning? Then you’re in luck, because that’s on the agenda for the rest of this post.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• ETHarrisonETHarrison Member New Car Smell
    Hi. Game looks great. Congratulations. Does anyone have a video of a 'Your Stage' stage? Preferable the longest, hardest, twistiest, most slippery one. Thanks.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    Hi. Game looks great. Congratulations. Does anyone have a video of a 'Your Stage' stage? Preferable the longest, hardest, twistiest, most slippery one. Thanks.
    All the videos of DiRT4, that aren't rallycross or landrush show "Your Stage" stages
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    I've played YourStage routes, I couldn't tell they were randomly generated. There are no blocky sections, recognizable sections or any other signs that they were anything but pre programmed stages.

Codies asked me what I thought about the random stages and I told them I hadn't tried them yet. It was only a couple of days later that I realized @KickUp had actually said that that was what we were going to be testing that day. I had to ask @ChristinaMc, just to make sure.

Which makes me feel as daft now as it did then, but is the truth.

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• PlaargathPlaargath Member New Car Smell
    I just couldn't believe when I read this. "First up, we’re so happy to tell you there will be a Day One Edition of DiRT® 4™ which will feature an exclusive Hyundai R5 rally car (...)"

Dear Codies, this is the most irreverent thing you could do with this game coming up. I simply cannot believe how can you boast about introducing an unfair pressuring method like preordering which is differentiating players. This is a total negation of the attitude you had with DiRT Rally. Instead of maintaining an open, honest and respectful disposition towards your clients, instead on capitalizing on what you hardly earned, you decide to pull a stunt that throws all the gained trust to garbage. If that's your way of "trying to gather a broader audience" then it's far worse than pitiful.

I'm your client since Dizzy days and I'm insulted with those half-assed baits you throw there. The exclusive Hyundai is a primitive bait using potential customers' anxiety, and that bulls**t icon, whatever it is, is a bait using a coarse form of ingratiation. As an establishment which built a relationship with your community that had actual dialogue going on, you suddenly decide to get manipulative and try some double binding instead. This is unfair, impudent and short sighted. For someone who supported DR from its very beginning and then drove most kilometers of it with the i20, this is a straight middle finger from you.

I cannot restore my vivid interest about D4 anymore, not after your introduction of dirty business practices (the magic of the word finally got you, huh). I'm not going to have it. The only way to keep relationship with you healthy is not to fall for that brazen mockery. And what you have to offer for conscious clients is limited content. Oh, enough already, this is beyond indecent.

Yes, I am angry, like every other sane person finding out that someone is trying to gull you. With DR early access you asked for a leap of faith, with this you ask for suspending thinking process in your favor. Obviously, you made the decision fully aware of how it breaches business ethics, you're a company with 30 years' experience after all. And this is really sad. You managed to join all other rip-offs and became yet another company that's simply not to be trusted. What a waste, what a terrible waste. A very sad conclusion.
  • manpreet20007manpreet20007 Member New Car Smell
    nice one  good saying everyone nice to see this forum good work on coding