Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Road Book – 03/03/17 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageDiRT 4 Road Book – 03/03/17 | Codemasters Blog

Hello, and welcome to another DiRT 4 Road Book! We’ve got some fun stuff for you this week, off the back of your questions and requests from the last edition – so we hope you enjoy what we’ve got lined up for you. As the weeks go on, we’ll cover more topics in detail as we have more imagery and details to showcase – but up today, we have news of special editions, DiRT Rally PS VR in Asia, and a huge feature on landrush! We’ll be covering the circuits, the vehicles, the handling, and how to get ahead of your competitors when the game lands in June.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• eJaunzeJaunz Member New Car Smell
    Thanks for the informative Road Book! I have two questions regarding the special editions.

1) In the picture, you can see only PS4 and Xbox One jewel cases. Does that mean that this edition is available only on consoles, and, if yes, is the bonus content already included in the standard edition of the PC game, or is it absent completely?

2) Is the preorder bonus Hyundai R5 a car that regular editions/purchases don't get entirely, or is it just a career booster that gives the car at the start? If it's the former, then will it be available to purchase after the release?

Thanks in advance, hyped as hell for the new game!
  • versediversedi Member Petrol Head
    eJaunz said:
    Thanks for the informative Road Book! I have two questions regarding the special editions.

1) In the picture, you can see only PS4 and Xbox One jewel cases. Does that mean that this edition is available only on consoles, and, if yes, is the bonus content already included in the standard edition of the PC game, or is it absent completely?

2) Is the preorder bonus Hyundai R5 a car that regular editions/purchases don't get entirely, or is it just a career booster that gives the car at the start? If it's the former, then will it be available to purchase after the release?

Thanks in advance, hyped as hell for the new game!
    Answered here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/249358/#Comment_249358
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• eJaunzeJaunz Member New Car Smell
    Thank you! Got my answer on the second question, but still uncertain about PC version.
    edited March 3
    eJaunz said:
    Thank you! Got my answer on the second question, but still uncertain about PC version.
    Oh it was somewhere earlier in the Gossip Thread - I've and couple other people asked same thing. IIRC they're waiting for confirmation from Steam - that's why there were no boxes shown yet. 

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Wheel Nut
    Awesome! But will there be Split-Screen. Joyride and LandRush are so fun with another person.
  • LVJ02LVJ02 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 4
    I hope they release the "access all areas pack" dlc update to the game like what was done for dirt 2. will that feature be brought to the game after its release it wasn't added to dirt 2 until well after its release but when it was it made the game much more fun, it would be awesome to drive all vehicles on every track eventually, including the new course generator. Come on Codemasters make it happen dirt 4 is looking to be a fun game with an awesome new feature don't leave out the "access all areas pack" from dirt 2. It will add to the games overall playabilty and longevity. Also hope there's time trial.
  • SPEEDRYDERSPEEDRYDER Member New Car Smell
    Will there be dynamic whether because Dirt Rally was really realistic except that when you did say 12 stages in an event and if you selected rain it just rained for the whole event and it just wasn't realistic
  • Math17RXMath17RX Member New Car Smell
    Can you make a beetle grc rallycross 2016
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    Math17RX said:
    You know you can put all your comments on the same thread?
    Math17RX said:
    I suppose he was answering directly from the blog - the comments are inserted then here to corresponding discussion thread. 

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    versedi said:
    Math17RX said:
    I suppose he was answering directly from the blog - the comments are inserted then here to corresponding discussion thread. 
    Oh right ok, my bad then
    versedi said:
    Math17RX said:
    Oh right ok, my bad then

No harm done, just justifying ;)