Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 -> Maintain the TV view of each of the viewing angles in the replay as in the WRC2001 on PS2

Hello,

I hope that in dirt 4 we will be able to maintain the seen tv especially that helicopter please!
To see not only the beautiful graphics that the develloper do but also our race seen from above.
Thank you for not forgetting that. This is important please!

Maintain the TV view of each of the viewing angles as in the WRC2001 game on PS2.In the WRC2001 game there is the button holding the view.

see game link

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/WRC-World_Rally_Championship.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(2001_video_game)&h=362&w=256&tbnid=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:&vet=1&docid=B7FPFUm8hd-FxM&ei=K2dXWNi5EcqtaZGZp-AN&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=552&page=1&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=0ahUKEwiY-_DPuv_QAhXKVhoKHZHMCdwQMwg9KBkwGQ&bih=608&biw=1366

I play Rally games for years and when I see the rally with the choice to maintain the views, it is very apreciable.

The XBOX is a super powerful machine with beautiful graphics compared to the PS2 console and I would not understand why one can not make the choice to maintain the TV view as on the PS2 console as on the game WRC2001
I speak of game WRC2001 because it is only in this one that we can maintain the TV view and change the other views, my favorite being the helicopter view with zoom or not (beautifull)

see video to the minute 2:20 clic image

So when I try rally games and there is no helicopter view and besides that we can not maintain the view of the camera on all the angles of view then I am disappointed.

There is another seen missing also in dirt rally, the sight of pursuit.
Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.

see video to the minute 3:51 (poursuit)

In the game Dirt Rally on XBOX, the slowdowns of the camera TV are predefined, one is obliged to follow the change of camera corresponding to each parcel of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the TV view that one wants.

Can you add this improvement which is for me and for others very important to maintain the view of the TV camera and to take example on WRC2001 of the PS2 or one can maintain with the button the TV view ?

The most important sight for me is the sight helicopter. The landscapes of the Dirt Rally games are beautiful, it would be a shame not to enjoy more 

Having the choice to keep the TV view must be in all rally games.

Comments

• boganibogani Member Champion
    There will be an option to have a more TV like replay this time around :)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• ipascalipascal Member New Car Smell
    Are you really part of the codemaster team?
    effectively, If you can, when replay put an option to keep one of the views offered by the camera TV it will be beautiful !!!
    No I'm not but it's been confirmed by the devs here.

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Race Engineer
    hopefully one day the dream of multiple views saved replays to be accessed at any point and FREE CAM with no hud will happen.i look forward to what Dirt 4 cam system is like.for those of who record its a really big thing.
    Thanks bogani,
    Can you tell me where you please?
    And give me the shortcut

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Unleaded
    I think it'd be a neat detail to see certain replay angles that come from spectators with their camera phones. It is 2017. 
    You could even occasionally have the angle from the idiots who insist on recording footage on their phones vertically, shaky and black bars down the sides.
    I think it'd be a neat detail to see certain replay angles that come from spectators with their camera phones. It is 2017. 
    You could even occasionally have the angle from the idiots who insist on recording footage on their phones vertically, shaky and black bars down the sides.
    Yeah. It would be cool if there was a fixed point in the crowds in RX that follows the heat. There is a mod like that for DR that looks awesome.

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    One thing that be cool would be having a possibility to check something like TV report / highlights for the rally you've done, complete with those shaky clips filmed by spectators (of our latest crash of course) & your competitors clips (like crashes etc, small video clips). There could be even somekind of in-game social media stuff for the career.

Realisticly, i'm more than happy to just hear the cars coming behind the forest from a far and be able to use only track side view TV style replays!
    Hello ,

Thanks for the excerpt of the forum,
    For me, the main thing is that we can keep the sight (a button or another) when there is the TV replay.
    I specify TV, because it is on this one that there is the helicopter view.
    The helicopter view gives all the vision of our course and our conduct.
    It is necessary that the developer can put this option to keep the view like in WRC 2001 on PS2 that I show above.
    In the video I put, there is a button "Hold view" which allows to keep the seen.

Thank you

• SimVansevenantSimVansevenant Member Pit Crew
    edited March 15
    You are quite adamant about this, aren't you @ipascal? You demand that they put it in. You say it is necessary. You've posted this in a few threads.
    It would be nice yes, but there are more important things than that to be honest. It's not at the top of the priority list. But that's just my opinion.
    You are quite adamant about this, aren't you @ipascal? You demand that they put it in. You say it is necessary. You've posted this in a few threads.
    It would be nice yes, but there are more important things than that to be honest. It's not at the top of the priority list. But that's just my opinion.
    Yes, maybe, but it can make a difference.
    It will also be necessary that they weigh up their car for a better playability.
  • WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Unleaded
    At this point I'd have to assume the team is working out finer details and kinks and most if not all of what they plan to be in the game is set. 
    There's no harm in asking for new things (again and again) but dont get your hopes too high.
    At this point I'd have to assume the team is working out finer details and kinks and most if not all of what they plan to be in the game is set. 
    There's no harm in asking for new things (again and again) but dont get your hopes too high.
    What I ask is not complicated. On PS2 they did it, as you could see in my application above. So it would be a pity they did not do it on the last consoles. But what I asked, they predicted it on dirt4 so it's perfect :)
    The ideal would be that they change it on dirt rally but I do not believe it, it's too late, as you say.