Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PSVR Uptake, how is it doing? Do I need to buy more copies to get it into Dirt 4?

Hello,

So its coming up to a month since release, I can honestly say I have not touched the standard Dirt Rally since. Playing the latest monthly and daily challenges last night was fantastic probably my best gaming experiences in the 40 years I have been playing them.

The only problem I have seen is what look like frame rate issues in the fog on some Monte stages. Aside what a fantastic job Codemasters, I hope the feedback and figures give you confidence to add it to Dirt4.

Regards,

Steve

Comments

• Alf72Alf72 Member Wheel Nut
    I don't own any VR headset, but i'd be very, very surprised, if D4 will not have/support VR. It might be a post-launch thing, but imo D4 VR will happen...

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

• BigWhiteyBigWhitey Member New Car Smell
    edited March 10
    Steve, do you play with a controller or a wheel?
  • enginebuildenginebuild Member New Car Smell
    Hello, Yes a Thrustmaster T300. Quite an amazing feeling with it all working together wheel/psvr and the fantastic sounds.
  • FlystarFlystar Member New Car Smell
    edited March 11
    I noticed frame rate issues testing out the Monte Carlo stage a couple of hours ago on the daily / weekly challenge as well.

Wasn't expecting it as the rest of the VR PS4 Pro experience is silky smooth. It's an amazing experience. Well done Codemasters. I've been rallying through a forest once in real life and from what I remember, it felt exactly the same and I only have a cheap Thrustmaster T100 set up.

Honestly folks u have to try it. Jaw hits floor first time out !!
  • VRisaMUSTVRisaMUST Member New Car Smell
    Absolutely love the VR version of Dirt! I can't go back to playing on a flat screen so they better include it in D4 or I'll just keep playing Rally lol. Unbelievable how great it is in VR! My fav psvr game for sure! 

• RogerRamjet77RogerRamjet77 Member Unleaded
    edited March 14
    The whole narrative Codies try to sell us that VR will not be implemented unless it does well on PS is frankly a big steaming crock of B.S.  

The hard work of coding VR into Dirt Rally was all done during the development of original game ... it is the tight titz at the top of the Codemasters pyramid who for whatever reason are pedalling this nonsense.  

Probably to build anticipation and garner press coverage & debate. Skeptic I am.  :|
  • versediversedi Member Race Steward
    edited March 14
    The whole narrative Codies try to sell us that VR will not be implemented unless it does well on PS is frankly a big steaming crock of B.S.  

The hard work of coding VR into Dirt Rally was all done during the development of original game ... it is the tight titz at the top of the Codemasters pyramid who for whatever reason are pedalling this nonsense.  

Probably to build anticipation and garner press coverage & debate. Skeptic I am.  :|

Whaat? AFAIK It wasn't.

It was developed after finishing the Early Access, at least a few months after official release. The VR was done after-release probably with a lot of investment from the hardware manufacturers themselves.
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Co-Driver
    versedi said:

Whaat? AFAIK It wasn't.

It was developed after finishing the Early Access, at least a few months after official release. The VR was done after-release probably with a lot of investment from the hardware manufacturers themselves.
    Yep it wasn't released until about June last year, way after the official release on PC and console. People think these things are so easy to carry over but that isn't always the case.