Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

How many want VR support in Dirt 4?

VRisaMUSTVRisaMUST Member New Car Smell
I'm only buying if VR is in Dirt 4! It's the only way I play Dirt Rally now! 

How many want VR support in Dirt 4? 47 votes

I'm buying no matter what!
4%
Didziscarpa 2 votes
I'll buy but would like VR support in dlc
25%
TURBODEVIN19likewiseAreyoubenjuu1iusSkyRexeXerfitzissakos1SirPhilMcKrakenenginebuildScyydrkiesbettWhiteWagon 12 votes
Not buying unless it has VR
46%
BennizHoiHmanRogerRamjet77GTXNOSTonyRickardMihkelKmickeeiemouseNoshDaMinskMaXyMsrplTrollisWanderer89FlystarExoilFooFoo68VRisaMUSTReinart86HillmeisterDaveOKDaBIG0014ManniX 22 votes
Don't really care about VR
21%
KingOfCoinsjamieengGinginhoOperator1RodgerDaviesDanielsVversediAlf72Lynx2000Janneman60 10 votes
I'll just keep playing Dirt Rally
2%
HikikomoriGamer 1 vote
Not buying Dirt 4
0%

Comments

• enginebuildenginebuild Member New Car Smell
    I voted for DLC but would rather have it on disc.

@RodgerDavies if you get the opportunity you should try the VR. I bought the whole PSVR set up on a gamble and it really is fantastic, I very reluctantly play non VR games now.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Race Engineer
    I dont think the tech is really there yet. And those VR goggles are too expensive for me to care
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    I have a Rift and DR is amazing in it along with other sim games. I'll still get D4 but would really really like to have VR support further down the line.
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Co-Driver
    edited March 13
    Would love for it to be added, as long as it's not paid DLC.
  • BadD0gBadD0g Member Race Engineer
    Is there an "I can't afford VR nor do I have any interest but I'd like to see it added at some point post-launch because I know it's really cool and the game is a good fit for it" option?  :D
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • ScyyScyy Member Wheel Nut
    I dont think the tech is really there yet. And those VR goggles are too expensive for me to care
    Oh how wrong you are. Outside of the motion sickness some get it brings driving games to a whole nother level.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • VRisaMUSTVRisaMUST Member New Car Smell
    What got me thinking about this topic is the fact that I jumped into the playstation vr lately & since playing Dirt Rally on vr I can't really play it on a regular screen anymore. It just don't interest me because it's nowhere as cool or realistic to me without vr now. SOOO many people judge vr b4 trying it that I'm afraid it's going to kill vr support in awesome games like DR. I hope it's something they continue even though there are less users atm. If they keep giving the support for it then more people will be able to enjoy it eventually when the prices drop on the vr sets themselves. The tech is definitely there because it's amazing in vr! cqnt believe how addicting it actually is! 
  • HeadquakeHeadquake Member Unleaded
    Obvious answer - Everyone who already has VR wants it in Dirt 4, everyone who doesn't is indifferent. :)
  • eXerfiteXerfit Member New Car Smell
    It's hard playing without VR - and only half the fun - now that I have played with VR for so long.
  • RogerRamjet77RogerRamjet77 Member Unleaded
    It looks good from the previews, great even !   However without VR it would be only played once to see what it was like and then I would be even more bummed that it didn't have VR so it is a pass for me ... unless and until it is added, paid or otherwise I do not care, just get it in.
  • BennizBenniz Member Pit Crew
    I can't go back to gaming on a screen after playing both DiRT Rally, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars with Oculus Rift! So yes, I need VR :)
  • Reinart86Reinart86 Member New Car Smell
    I can't see myself playing D4 on a screen again after experiencing dirt rally VR on ps4. 
  • likewiselikewise Member Wheel Nut
    I haven't had the chance to try V.R. yet but the more racing games that are released with V.R then I might be interested, if DIRT 4 and F1 2017 both have VR support then a PSVR is on my shopping list... 
  • WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Unleaded
    likewise said:
    I haven't had the chance to try V.R. yet but the more racing games that are released with V.R then I might be interested, if DIRT 4 and F1 2017 both have VR support then a PSVR is on my shopping list... 
    This sums it up for me too actually. And a wheel.
  • VRisaMUSTVRisaMUST Member New Car Smell
    I have a question for you guys that are running a wheel & the PSVR. Have you found a USB hub that works good with the ps4 without interfering with the vr? I have my vr,t150,th8a, & a USB hand brake all on my rig but each requires a USB & I only have 2 on my ps4. Im possibly upgrading to the ps4 pro this wk but that still only adds 1 more port. Needing a USB hub that works well with the ps4 & the vr. The hub I have now gave me several issues with the vr. Thanks for any help guys! 
  • Janneman60Janneman60 Member New Car Smell
    I tried VR but was not impressed. Yes to look around in the car is magic in the beginning. You do see the stages in a more natural way. But the feeling of the car... with a normal setup with a screen you feel when the back steps out, or the front gives you understeer. With VR it feels like there is a giant pin in your seat were the car rotates. Doesn't feel right at all.

Besides that, later on I tried project cars and made the mistake to watch the scenery at 300 km/h. Didn't know you could get sick in 3 seconds
  • Lynx2000Lynx2000 Member Unleaded
    Voted for do not really care as I don't have vr(yet) 
    But I would like to have it in the game for all the people who do I once played with vr on a lan party it was absolutely incredible, a great thing for racing games
  • ScyyScyy Member Wheel Nut
    edited March 17
    I tried VR but was not impressed. Yes to look around in the car is magic in the beginning. You do see the stages in a more natural way. But the feeling of the car... with a normal setup with a screen you feel when the back steps out, or the front gives you understeer. With VR it feels like there is a giant pin in your seat were the car rotates. Doesn't feel right at all.

Besides that, later on I tried project cars and made the mistake to watch the scenery at 300 km/h. Didn't know you could get sick in 3 seconds
    Interesting, I felt the exact opposite and feel I can sense when the car is stepping out much better and can correct it better as well. It allows me to even do halfway decently at RBR as well.  Being able to look into the turn and the depth perception is amazing for me at least.

Goes to show how differently some people can interpret the same thing.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    I do hope the game will support VR as soon as possible after the launch for those that have the VR headsets, although some may say that the #PCMR won't like that, because they'll have to download big updates for that...

Anyway, I don't have VR and I don't even want to see how it feels purely because until majority of the games will support it from the get go and I'll have enough horsepower to run it easily, I don't want to make my current gaming experience get worse. And that's while not even including the fact I can't afford it or have enough horsepower to run it xD

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    How much of a performance impact does VR have?

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."

-Juan Manuel Fangio