Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PC/Keyboard/Full Assists on: Why am I being punished for this?

Hi everyone,

I am a casual gamer of F1 2016. I do not have a steering wheel, nor do I play enough to spend $150 on a wheel for a game that I do not play that often.

I play with full assists on the multiplayer and I find it ridiculous/unfair that I am at least 4 seconds per lap off the pace of the leaders. Why should I be punished for using assists? I bought the game same as everyone else here. No, I don't want to play against the AI. There's somthing therapeutic about racing against other people than the AI cannot supply.

Also, my starts are always terrible for some reason. The "Get Optimium RPM" button is always blacked out and I mostly always get hit off at the start. I don't know how's happening.

I would like to hear feedback rather than 'lol getz a wheelz, u suck, hahaha'.

Comments

• VitesseWolfVitesseWolf Member New Car Smell
    I also do not play with any setups in multiplayer.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Race Engineer
    if you are playing with a keyboard its because a keyboard key is either pushed or not pushed. Their isn't any in between. You are either turning all the way or not turning at all. The gas peddle is either floored or not pushed at all. In order to drive you need the "in between" that a keyboard doesn't allow you to have.
    Xbox one, controller
    edited March 12
    kevinkirk said:
    if you are playing with a keyboard its because a keyboard key is either pushed or not pushed. Their isn't any in between. You are either turning all the way or not turning at all. The gas peddle is either floored or not pushed at all. In order to drive you need the "in between" that a keyboard doesn't allow you to have.

I played F1 2012 multiplayer with a keyboard when it came out and the speed differences were not as big.

Isn't a controller the same thing?
    Post edited by VitesseWolf on
    Is this for real?

Don't expect to be quick against online users who most probably play the game every day. 
    I'm not asking to be on the same pace but it's not fair that I'm 5-6 seconds off the pace simply because of how I play.
  • USPBauer24USPBauer24 Member Unleaded
    Assists will prevent you from maximising your speed in the car.

Tracking control will prevent you from really modulating the accelerator as you exit a corner and you won't get the power down as quickly as possible.

Braking assist will prevent you from braking later into corners, thereby losing time. The automatic gear changes maybe be optimal for the engine but you really need be using manual gears to control speed around and out of a corner.

Real F1 cars don't have TC or ABS or a computer which brakes for them - meaning the full potential of the car must be achieved via the driver.

It has taken me five months to reach a stage with my wheel to feel what I would consider good but I am still nowhere near as fast as online users who have been playing for years.

• R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    You're  not punished... you're just not fast enough to keep up with players who play more often and have better kit. Don't have a cry just because they wont make your car faster it's like driving a sauber and someone else driving and mercedes and having a cry because you're slower... get used to it or save up it's quite fair that no assists with a full kit is faster, why? Well they're not driving F1 cars with keyboard in real life are they
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    try driving a real car applying the brakes and accelerator ONLY totally off OR totally on.