Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[GAME MODE] [FEATURE] CO-OP Mode with (obviuosly) a Co-Driver (maybe a friend)

LordJunkLordJunk Member New Car Smell
Hello,
I'm playing DiRT Rally for about a year now and it is still fun. But a very obvious question is nagging me for a long time while playing:
Why can't we set the Co-driver calls manually? Of course that's a hard task to implement with a voice anyone would like to listen to....
But then the most obvious Solution to this came to me: Have a friend make the calls in a Co-op Mode.

So here is what I would like to suggest(for DiRT Rally or DiRT4): 
A mode where a Friend (or a random Person) can play the Co-driver, while watching (maybe from the helicopter view). It would be great if the Co-driver wouldn't need the whole game on his/her System, but instead could use simply Steams Stream feature with it's Voice Chat feature. Or maybe some alternative with Twitch.

If this is not possible, I would at least love to see a feature, where I can set the calls of a stage manually. E.g. I choose a stage, go through the 3D map and set markers where which call (like "hairpin right",...) has to be made. 

PS: yes, I know, I haven't got the best writing style...too many "or"s and "maybe"s

[GAME MODE] [FEATURE] CO-OP Mode with (obviuosly) a Co-Driver (maybe a friend) 3 votes

+1
100%
LordJunkFitter22M4Shocke 3 votes
0%

Comments

• ShockeShocke Member New Car Smell
    +1
    I would love this, however Steam Broadcast isn't fast enough imo.
    I think the best way to implement this would be to just somehow disable the voice and the game would provide pace notes for a friend to print, or just place the friend into the seat and he'll be able to read them from the paper in game!
  • LordJunkLordJunk Member New Car Smell
    +1
    madwak said:
    No offense, but this really sounded like some sort of spam ^^
    Opening the link showed what you mean, but with a Co-op Mode I didn't mean the Co-driver to play some sort of simplified version of guitar hero, that only skips the calls if he/she is bad at it.

I was aiming for better customized calls. Which would be easy if they came from someone who knows you and remembers which curves you are bad at. Thinking of it, an AI could do that... but I'd rather like a friend to do it.

Shocke said:
    I would love this, however Steam Broadcast isn't fast enough imo.
    I think the best way to implement this would be to just somehow disable the voice and the game would provide pace notes for a friend to print, or just place the friend into the seat and he'll be able to read them from the paper in game!
    True, the Steam Broadcast even buffers for at least 15 seconds, haven't really considered that. I just wanted the Co-driver to be able to use a non-gaming PC  or even Smartphone/tablet.
    Printing of course is not a good solution for a digital game. But a 3D roadmap for the Co-driver would do the trick. Or as mentioned, specifying the calls before a race...