Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[PS4] Online League Community Invitational.

TejuarrTejuarr Member, Drivers Unleaded

PS4 Online League Racing Community Invitational.

Whats happening
We here at PlaystationGL have managed to make an agreement with Owners and League Admins of other Playstation 4 Championships to put on the first of what we hope to be many League racing events celebrating the standard of quality of Playstation 4 online racing.
PlaystationGL will be hosting and openly inviting all fellow online racing leagues, the invitation went out to and was accepted by other European based Playstation 4 Championships such as The Masters Championship (TMC), F1tsHub, Hairpin Racing League (HRL) and Apex Racing League (ARL)
The series will pit the finest racers from each leagues Championships against each other in a community celebration of the standard and quality of racers on show on the Playstation 4 who allow the use of assists settings, the first race of the series will be hosted by PSGL and will be available for all members of the Codemasters F1 Community to watch with stream with commentary as well. 

The race will go ahead on Wednesday the 29th March and will be streamed live and uninterrupted via commentators from each respective league taking part. 

The Race
All Championships will submit 4 racers the day before the race is due to start, the list of 4 racers will be their drivers representing their league for this race.
The grid will be 20 racers + 2 commentators.
The hosting League will pick the track for the race.
Each Championship will be allowed one commentator and all commentators will be streaming live and from the same chat party.
Car selection will be done on a numbering basis.
Corner cutting rules will be on strict.
Race distance will be 50%.
Damage Full.
Formation lap will be enabled.
Pit assist OFF.
All assists allowed.
Championship points and placings will be taken from the current Formula 1 Championship.
All incidents or accidents and penalties will be sanctioned by the ingame rulings and not via league participation rulings.

We hope that this will prove to be the first of many potential F1 Championship races between our respective online leagues, more will be announced soon with track choice, commentary team and squads to be participating coming soon!

For anymore information head on over to PlaystationGL.com or contact me via twitter @PSGLTejuarrF1
Post edited by Tejuarr on

Comments

• alancavy12alancavy12 Member New Car Smell
    The invitation was accepted by HRL (Hairpin Racing League) as well!
  • TejuarrTejuarr Member, Drivers Unleaded
    Thank you Alan. 

Was under the impression you still weren't sure. 
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Steward
    Should be put in this section here: http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/f1-games-leagues
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
    Thanks for the lack of input. 

Irrelevant, we are advertising a fixture of racing leagues for discussion not advertising recruitment. 

If thats the case why wasn't the other community race moved. 
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Race Steward
    Tejuarr said:
    Thanks for the lack of input. 

Irrelevant, we are advertising a fixture of racing leagues for discussion not advertising recruitment. 

If thats the case why wasn't the other community race moved. 

First of all don't get salty about it, being like that really looks good for ur league doesn't it? ik I won't be watching it now
    Exactly why aren't the others moved. But that's the issue if one person does it, it leads to a chain effect of people doing it.
    And your still advertising a league, I see ur point but ur still advertising a league. I think there should be an advertisement section to these forums and I have tried to contact people asking about it, but again I doubt it'll be used
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
    Salty?

You fired the first bullet friend, If your so bothered be a mod. 

It's for community news, this is news, be a milk monitor somewhere else.
  • alex1994128alex1994128 Member, Drivers Race Steward
    good to see other guys picking up on the PS4 Community Race and the PS4 All-Star Race. Of course there will be some very quick drivers here, but with the Assists OP for some reason i cannot appreciate this one as much as the All-Star race, as it isn't a level playing field
    AOR and RaceDepartment PS4 racer
    Yes as a decent size of the gaming community the 5 leagues which are taking part, all of whom making leagues themselves rather than on the success of others. 

Weve decided to show their is racing outside of the elite of AOR if you will.. the game can cater to all skill levels competitive or not and with assists or not.

Being a husband and a family man who works full-time I don't really have the time or spare time in my social life to learn with the no assists unlike others.

I appreciate your opinion that it might not cater to your taste: the event is to showcase the quality in racing and the stretch of the codemasters F1 games to attract all skill levels and ages.

As far as it not being a level playing field, we all bought the game and are massive Formula 1 enthusiasts and for some including myself the online immersion is fantastic; that's a level enough playing field for me Lexie.

I would not discount the quality of the racing or the quality of our commentators and streamers who will be showing this event. 

I have worked hard on PlaystationGL Formula 1 wing since 2010 and a lot of others have.

To discount the event or to discourage it is wrong if not down right ignorant, everyone deserves the chance; we will put on a great show, we always have and do because we know how to!

• coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Steward
    I actually do enjoy watching these livestream broadcast style events so be sure to leave a link. I'm not a league racer, but I kinda think having  4 commentators might be too much and they will be talking over themselves tough. 
    Two commentators mate and I'll definitely link here for a stream of the race. 

• RacingJL28RacingJL28 Member New Car Smell
    I'll be more happy to race and I'm in the HRL. P.S I'm bananajosh1
    AlanCavy has already submitted his line up for race 1.
    edited March 29
    League racing live tonight at 8pm - PSGL vs TMC vs ARL vs HRL vs F1tsHub . 

Link to the stream can be found at these channels at 8pm 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCwTl5_qvtrl6eixIYwVd77A

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCl1opXF0LA_xO-Mnh--IPJQ

Full uninterrupted live race coverage, commentary and post race analysis. 

In Round 1 of the League vs Invitational.