Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Weber BBQ Australian Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
G'day muscles, whaddya know, Chrissie break is long gone and it's time for the first f***ing race thread of the year. Sunday arvo marks the start of the new F1 season.

I dunno about you, but I'm stoked, and I reckon our c*** Danny Ric can bring home the bacon. However, Ferrari have been putting in some hard yakka over the summer, so that's gonna have Red Bull devo.

Lewis Hamilton, bloody oath, what a year he's got ahead, new team cobber, fiercer competition. Now his old cobber Rosberg has gone, can he pick up from Abu Dhabi with a viccie?

McLaren though, fair dinkum? Hopefully Fernando and Stoffo can have a big brekkie on Friday and get them some pace.

Forecast looks mixed, so don't forget your brollies. If you're watching at home, go down the servo, grab some frothies, get yourself legless, pull a sickie on Monday and enjoy the race!
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Max Verstappen gaat deze **** race winnen.

I want a Dutch GP so that I can do this too..... Anyway, missed F1, glad it's back, but if Mercedes are dominant again, I'll headbutt my cat.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    MBKF1 said:
    G'day muscles, whaddya know, Chrissie break is long gone and it's time for the first f***ing race thread of the year. Sunday arvo marks the start of the new F1 season.

I dunno about you, but I'm stoked, and I reckon our c*** Danny Ric can bring home the bacon. However, Ferrari have been putting in some hard yakka over the summer, so that's gonna have Red Bull devo.

Lewis Hamilton, bloody oath, what a year he's got ahead, new team cobber, fiercer competition. Now his old cobber Rosberg has gone, can he pick up from Abu Dhabi with a viccie?

McLaren though, fair dinkum? Hopefully Fernando and Stoffo can have a big brekkie on Friday and get them some pace.

Forecast looks mixed, so don't forget your brollies. If you're watching at home, go down the servo, grab some frothies, get yourself legless, pull a sickie on Monday and enjoy the race!
    Awful, just awful.

No one says cobber and **** even is a 'viccie'? 

No one pulls a sickie, they chuck one.

If you're at the servo to buy alcohol you're in the wrong place.

2/10
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:

Awful, just awful.

No one says cobber and **** even is a 'viccie'? 

No one pulls a sickie, they chuck one.

If you're at the servo to buy alcohol you're in the wrong place.

2/10
    Thank you.

'Viccie' is victory.

Understood.

I get my frothies from the servo all the time!

Thank you.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    I'm so excited. As I always do for the Australian GP, I'm going to put my coffee machine in my bedroom so I can stay in bed and make coffee for the early start :joy: Can't wait to wake up the bastard of a neighbour I live next to with my soundbar turned up loud.  
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    edited March 22
    MBKF1 said:

G'day c**ts. Race day Sunday arvo. Danny Ric is a good c**t. F**k Vettel.

That's all you need. 
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    With Vettel pronounced as Fat Hell.         
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    And if Ricciardo wins Bob hawke will scull a beer.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Not only do we Brits have to get up early, but also the clocks go forward Sunday so we get an hour less sleep  :o
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Hughesy said:
    Not only do we Brits have to get up early, but also the clocks go forward Sunday so we get an hour less sleep  :o
    Yea but that means the GP is an hour sooner then too right? :p
    Good point, but sleep is king. No doubt I'll get a max of 3 hours sleep as I can never get to sleep early. 
    As I'm at uni now and don't have to think about worrying my parents at my lack of sleep, I'm gonna try and do the full weekend live, through the night. FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying and Race, all for the first time!

I don't have any other plans on Friday or Saturday so I can just sleep in the day. Can't wait!!
    I've done every race live since I was 12. I was always someone who didn't need sleep, now though lack of sleep isn't my choice and actually affects my condition. I have to be up at 5am tomorrow/today in 4mins, yet I'll probably be up until 1 or 2am :joy:
    edited March 23
    Speaking of which, here's our good old mate Andrew Benson's tweet about it:

This is EXACTLY the reason why I dislike his clickbaity style of journalism. If you've all seen the clip then you'll know the entire question was light hearted and jokingly said, with lots of laughter from the media. Here is said clip:

But this doesn't come across in this tweet. If you hadn't seen the video you'd think it was said in a serious manner. All Benson needed to do was add a couple of exclamation marks (like in that Chris Medland tweet above) and it would have more closely shown the context of the question.

I respect he's been in the business for many years and broke a couple of big stories in the past, but the rest of the time he's just awful.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    Not only that, Benson missed the best part of that exchange which was his dig at Honda. I thought studying journalism would make me understand Benson better. It has; I understand that he is pants personified.
    He's just angry at the world because he's gone bold. 
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Hughesy said:
    Ugh, I genuinely thought the clocks went back an hour so it wouldn't be too bad!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

I always remember the old American saying:

Spring forward, fall back.

Now you'll never forget which way round it is!
    Guys, I don't know if I'm gonna make it through the night. I was gonna stay up until 1am for 1st practice but I can feel myself getting tired already, and there's still another 2 hours to go until it starts!

Also isn't helped by the fact I was awake at 7am this morning, but hopefully can last until at least mid way through FP1 :p 
    I've been up since 4am. I'm recording practice, but I will watch qualifying and the race live. I did dislocate my knee this morning, which is probably going to lead to an operation like I had on my left knee years ago due to an issue with my cartilage, so the pain of that has tired me out :#

When you see it :joy: