Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Rally stuttering on PS4 PRO, unplayable!

IvanCRO95IvanCRO95 Member New Car Smell
Here  is a video of what is going on, i played yesterday and it was fine, i tried to play today and this is whats happening, i reinstalled the game and it is the same, i turned boost mode on/off on ps4 pro, same issue, its disc version, disc is like new, any fix for this, i cant play it anymore and all the other games work fine.
Even if i start application without update it still stutters...

Comments

• IvanCRO95IvanCRO95 Member New Car Smell
    I found the issue, i had my headset charging in playstation and for some reason it made the game stutter.
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    May I ask then .- were there a PS4 Pro patch to make Dirt Rally Pro-aware?

Or is the boost mode, just the default increase in clock in PS4 in standard mode?

Would be really greatful for input on this, thank you in advance.

The new Dirt 4 will be obliged to be Pro-aware as I understand it.
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
  • IvanCRO95IvanCRO95 Member New Car Smell
    There was no patch for PRO support, just boost mode... on VR, PRO did get increased resolution as far as i know.
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    Thanks a lot for responding.

As far as I recall, last fall PS4 in general got a HDR patch, and Pro also has upscaling 4K I suppose.

I saw a remark on Eurogamer how games could activate boost mode, and if they got problem with game they could turn it off. So my understanding is that this is not validated by Sony at all for a specific game or anything special about boost, either games work at higher clock or not - it seems.

I think PS4 boost just about correspond to how Xbox One S has higher clock than launch version. Maybe increased framrate of 5-10 fps or so. Was a demo on eurogamer.
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox