Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Question about MFD settings.

Hey, I just have a quick question about changing car settings in your MFD while mid lap. I know that when adjusting downforce you must go to the pits to finalize the adjustments. But when it comes to Brake Bias and Differential, do the adjustments take place as soon as you select it on the MFD, or do I have to pit for those settings to take affect?

Best Answer

Answers

• CormierCormier Member New Car Smell
    Thanks! Good to know. Would be nice if the Codies would add an animation showing the driver change the setting on the steering wheel. All those knobs, buttons, and switches and they only use DRS and car setting 1,2, and 3.
  • Gunnar20Gunnar20 Member New Car Smell
    I'll re-iterate what I have said many a time, and I hope it's implemented in the 2017 game by Codies.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave the MFD display on when entering and leaving the pits so that tweaks can be made should you be changing from dry to Inters/Wets, and vice versa, so you can make adjustments to Differential and Downforce settings.
    Totally agree. Even when your in the starting box, it should allow you access to make the changes even while your waiting for the starting lights to go out.
  • KopparaKoppara Member, Drivers Wheel Nut

Cormier said:

Totally agree. Even when your in the starting box, it should allow you access to make the changes even while your waiting for the starting lights to go out.

You are able to change the MFD settings when waiting for the lights to go out.
    F1 2016 Beta Tester
    F1 2017 Beta Tester
  • WinzardsWinzards Member Unleaded

Cormier said:

Thanks! Good to know. Would be nice if the Codies would add an animation showing the driver change the setting on the steering wheel. All those knobs, buttons, and switches and they only use DRS and car setting 1,2, and 3.

If you look closely, you can see the driver doing something with his left hand when you change the brake bias (same anim since f1 2012 tho, but heh', don't fix it if it ain't broken)

Winzards said:

Cormier said:

If you look closely, you can see the driver doing something with his left hand when you change the brake bias (same anim since f1 2012 tho, but heh', don't fix it if it ain't broken)

Your right! Just noticed that in my last race. Nothing for Diff though.