Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

New Dirt Showdown 2 for PC & Mobile ?

Slick1Slick1 Member New Car Smell
Dirt Showdown 2 for PC & Mobile ?

My friends & I really liked Codemasters "Dirt Showdown" with all the demolition derby games. Sadly, it hasn't worked on Steam for like two years now.  

I'd love to see a new demolition derby car game with COOP & multiplayer that includes plenty of other fun mini-game options with derby cars like: Tag (crash into them to tag them to be "it"), Bowling - (ramp and try to crash into the bowling pins to score), Bullzeye - (ramp and try to crash on the target to score), Hockey (like Rocket League but with derby cars), Scavenger Hunt, King Of The Hill, Capture the Flag, etc ... you get the idea, just crazy madness fun with plenty of crazy ramps and tracks.

I'm also reminded of those crazy derby / races they have in the Southern US on an 8-track with trucks pulling a trailer with a boat on it, school buses, golf carts,

oh, for mobile too and in 4K at 120 fps.

If not, then, at least create a fun derby demo or something?

2006 "ATV Offroad Fury 4" had several mini-games like: Tag, Ice Hockey, Basketball, Scavenger Hunt, King Of The Hill, Bowling and Ring Of Fire.

2004 "ATV Offroad Fury 3" also

Post edited by Slick1 on

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Not sure about Co-op, but this kinda sounds like what you're looking for (comes out in a few weeks):

i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • Slick1Slick1 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2017
    I'm looking around trying to catch-up on what's new and I've stumbled across these thus far:

Micro Machines
    Project Cars 2
    FLATOUT 4

Btw, I already have Forza Horizon. 

• BadD0gBadD0g Member Team Principal
    If you're on PC, maybe try Wreckfest. It's in early access but it's a demo derby/banger racing game.
    |  CPU: i7-4790K  |  RAM: 16GB  |  GPU: MSI 970  |  OS: Win7  |  [D0gfish] on Steam
    Dirty Forumers League - "Missile vs Bullet" 3rd place 
  • Smitty87Smitty87 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2017

BadD0g said:

If you're on PC, maybe try Wreckfest. It's in early access but it's a demo derby/banger racing game.

Soon to be released on consoles  :D :D :D
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Champion

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

Yeah without even being finished on PC!!
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

It's an early access on consoles too.

Oscar97 said:

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

I didn't even know that was a thing
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    You could just get a PS3 and play DiRT Showdown on that. I love DiRT Showdown and thats what I'm doing,
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward

Oscar97 said:

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

It's not. They sell the games at full price on console. 

For example, Ark, which is still far from complete is 50 bucks on PS4.

Oscar97 said:

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

Really? Thats not right at all. I've got Ark, only played it once though as it ran slower than a tortoise through mud
  • DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward

Oscar97 said:

Smitty87 said:

BadD0g said:

Really? Thats not right at all. I've got Ark, only played it once though as it ran slower than a tortoise through mud

Runs worse than that on PS4 lol. I've watched my brother play it and it makes me want to hug my PC because I play it with everything but view distance (which I set to high) on epic, and have smooth frame rates. But the game is still glitchy as all hell.
  • PaloSamoPaloSamo Member Co-Driver
    I played Dirt Showdown on Steam yesterday and it was working fine. 
    Still hoping for an XBox Enhanced update for Dirt Showdown or a new Dirt Showdown 2 -type game 4k at 60fps with CO-OP and plenty of fun games, please?

Seriously tho, what's the deal with Showdown - it was our favorite game but hasn't worked for a few years now on Steam. Any thoughts? 

; )

Codemasters Responds:

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Dirt Showdown.

Unfortunately we cannot confirm any plans, at the moment, to release a new Dirt Showdown game. We do not rule out doing a sequel to this game, but this will not be in the immediate future.

Kind regards
    Codemasters Customer Services

I cannot play multiplayer either on Steam or XBox One X - it asks me to pay more $$$ to be able to play online multiplayer - what's up with that?
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Its not worth the money because no one is playing the game online anymore. I do admire your persistence though.