Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Chinese Grand Prix 2017

HughesyHughesy Member Champion
And oh bugger Johnny Herbert it back... 

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    So Sky are saying the GP might happen tomorrow. That'd be different...

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    That would mean one less day with Herbert on TV, every cloud and all that. 
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    I would like that. If it's doable, then it'd mean more F1 on tv.
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    The Red Bull would be below the Williams if Williams had good drivers...
    Surprised Ferrari didn't get pole, but I still think they have the better race pace. 
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    Mclaren weren't actually as bad as i expected. Stoffel looks like he's in for a tough year though..
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    They will be bad in the race, doing one fast lap is OK, but doing it lap after lap with Honda is impossible. 
    This race has been pretty boring. Almost fell asleep after 15 laps :joy:
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    I thought it was a pretty good race, not a lot of overtakes but those that happened were nice to watch.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    Grand Chelem, bitches!
    I thought it was crap. There was a few organic overtakes which was good, but mostly boring. 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    Christ almighty, the Finns are proper useless compared to their teammates. As much as I like Kimi, this is getting painful.
    Great, ballsy overtakes. Red Bull stronger than expected. And please, for the love of racing, can Bottas and Alonso swap seats?!

Also, Congrats to Lewis, but I still can't stand Mercedes. :p
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    edited April 9
    s'alright wannit                                                                                              
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    It was a good race. Would've been nice to not see the SC come out right after the VSC because it would've made it more interesting at the front.

But Ferrari need to assign priority in the team ASAP if they want a WDC. Most of the time it probably won't be necessary but today, even with the bad SC timing, they cost themselves at least a chance of getting close to Lewis by keeping Raikkonen ahead of Vettel. 

Bottas is useless and the situation for Lewis now is the same as when he had Kovalinen as teammate. Spinning out behind the SC? Come on. And then proceeding to finish nearly 50 seconds behind. 
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I really enjoyed that actually. While it's obviously tougher to follow and overtake, it's cool to have these brilliant ballsy overtakes because they're so much more skilled. Verstappen continues to amaze me with his touch on the brakes, just superb. I remember watching Ocon into T6 and although being far closer to the car ahead, he's just so nervous in comparison, and just sits behind. Interesting, as they were both rivals during their 2014 Formula 3 season.

Can't fault Hamilton and Mercedes, brilliant strategy. Raikkonen is disappointing me though, what's happened to him?! Totally outclassed yet again by Vettel, who was superb. Ricciardo was average, had the pace at the end but was slow after the SC, and he'll be disappointed to finish behind Verstappen who started way back. What a first lap!

Great drive by Sainz, but what a huge shame when he span a couple of times on the first lap. I doubt he would've been able to hold it, but P5 could have been on the cards maybe if he hadn't have spun.

Bottas, very silly mistake. I'm not writing him off as a Kovalainen style team mate just yet, I'll wait until we've had a few more races. I think he'll still fare very well against Lewis.

McLaren though, my goodness, I've run out of words. What I would give to see Fernando Alonso fighting up the front with Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo.

MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    I did say McLaren would be awful in the race. It's an absolute shambles seeing a team I've supported since I first watched F1 in such a mess :(
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    edited April 9
    Alonso looked comfortable for some points, then.. **** YOU HONDA
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    It's actually pretty crazy how much better Vettel and Hamilton are compared to Kimi and Bottas. Different level right now, those were some moves by Vettel too. 
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

edited April 9
    It's not crazy, those two are bang average. Bottas struggled to beat Massa who is well past his best. Kimi lost motivation for the sport a long time ago, otherwise he could have been so much more. 

#WhereIsDave?