Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Forum Mods - Applications Now Closed

HattaHatta Member Pit Crew

We know the forums are one of the largest and most important homes for any community. They provide us with important feedback that we (The Community team) make sure find their way to the right people. They also provide you guys with a place to talk about our games as well as other random cool stuff and we want to make sure you can do this in a fun, relaxed and civilised environment.

So... We’ve spoke about this a bit in the past and we know it’s something a lot of you want, we’ve been a bit apprehensive in the past, we were worried about segregating you guys and creating some weird tiered hierarchy feeling to the boards. That’s not the case, we just feel like it’s time to give you guys more of a say with how the forums work.

Last year we had a full forum revamp, and as you can probably tell from the ‘beta’ tag, we’re not finished with that just yet. We’ll save that for another time – instead, today we’re going to talk about forum moderators, and the fact that we need one.

So what does a forum moderator actually do? Well, we’re specifically looking for someone that’s passionate about our games, can act rationally in online discussions and is of course familiar with our forum rules and capable of enforcing them when needs-be.

There are two ways we’ll be looking for potential mods. From those that want to be one, and from those that think they know the right person for the job. Here’s how to apply either way:

• Want to be a mod? Simply leave a post below letting us know why you feel you’re right for the role.
  • Want to suggest someone to be a mod? Just as easy – leave a post below that lets us know why you think that person is right for the role.

Applications close Monday January 19th and we’ll let you know the end result shortly after. Just to be clear though, this isn't a 'most votes wins' kind of deal, Lee and myself will be going over all the names and picking who we feel fits the role best. This could be just one of you, or it could be a few.

2015 is going to be an interesting and exciting year for us and we’re going to make sure the forums are looked after and focused on more than ever.

Post edited by Hatta on
Twitter: LukeSpringUK  

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator

I'd like to apply.

I've been a member now for coming up 4 years (wow, I feel old now!). In that time, I've become friends with quite a lot of members on here, including Codies staff (I hope...). I'm on here pretty much everyday so would be able to moderate constantly, and through experiences on and off the internet know when someone takes something too far.

I'm also a massive motorsport fan and have every F1 game since 2011 (thanks for Race Stars @Hatta!). Lee knows I'm trustworthy too, if he can remember what he told me ;).

Also, I'd like to nominate @PeteTheDuck. We've discussed this before in the stuff thread, and Matt's name always comes up. Every member likes him and he's into his motorsport as much as any of us :)

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I'd also like to nominate @PeteTheDuck, and @Hughesy too. Both are top members, and to me they both fit the role perfectly :)
  • KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    I would like to volunteer, been here for a while and I've managed multiple gaming related sites in the past.

I've played every Codemasters game 97< so there's my claim to fame.

• EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Race Engineer

@GentleNameMVB would be a good choice, very active on the DiRT side, I think most Codies staff who check the boards will know him.

Always polite and professional with a level head and mad motorsports fan.

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    +1 on @PeteTheDuck‌ he knows how to get the job done ;)

PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    First of all, thanks to you guys who have recommended me, and I'm pleased to say I'd be interested in becoming a mod on the forum!

I've been a member here since September 2010 and I've contributed to great discussions pretty much every day in that time! I love this place and I've formed some really good relationships with members and admins, hence why I keep coming back! In my four and a half years here I have never received a forum infraction, warning or ban which I hope shows I know the do's and don'ts of a forum!

I am a massive fan of Codemasters' games, so much so that I started my own racing league in 2012, and I ran that forum of over 250 members for over two years. Combined with my time here, I know exactly how forums work and I would love to moderate these forums!

I would personally recommend @Matthew77258 and @Mike96 as they also ran my racing league's forum with me, so again they know how the forum works, and they've been on this forum for years too. They get on with everyone too!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited January 2015
    Thanks @RevolvingPrawn‌ I would love to be a moderator. Now I can only work part time, and have no social life o:) I'd love to do it. I spend a lot of time on here anyway, and would like the extra responsibly. Yes I've had a few rants in my time, but normally I'm a calm person. :)
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    I would like to apply for the position.  I've been very active on the DiRT side for quite some time now.  I think I do pretty well handling myself here.  I am pretty level headed, and try to keep my posts interesting.  I am all for sharing the workload, since I 'know' rally and DiRT, but I am not so knowledgeable about F1 and GRID (though I play a good amount of GRID).  I believe that I am fair and openminded to most things.  However I'm not afraid to step in if needed, but always approaching a problem that its always just a misunderstanding and not intentional.  

Anyhow if I don't qualify @GentleNameMVB‌ certainly is and has my nomination.  (hope your interested, buddy)

twitter: gflinch

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    I'd like to second @PeteTheDuck and @fIsince08's nominations. Both very calm and rational people. They've both successfully run the F1 predictor game (ignoring the Killer incident), both have a squeaky clean record (except for Pete's infraction on the vBulls) and are one of the few people from the forum I know that actually ventures out of Off-Topic, which I'd imagine is a prerequisite of the job.

I'd also like to second @Matthew77258's nomination for the simple reason that he's on the other side of the world, and a good forum is moderated 24 hrs a day (or close to it) as opposed to only when it's daytime in Britain. We shall never forget the Great Spambot Attack of 2014.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    I've been given the opportunity to work with @PeteTheDuck both on and off the forum and I have to say that he's one of the most hard working individuals that I've worked with. Personally, I'd think you'd be mad not to choose him. :P 

I also think that @OneTwoThree would be a fantastic moderator. He's been here since 2010, he's regularly on the forums and he's pretty popular with the majority of the members on here. I feel like he'd be on of the few that people would listen to. 

Also thank you for actually making community Moderators a thing. Hopefully with the instillation of  community moderators the forum can slowly become a much better and closer community. :)  
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    I think we should nominate other people to become a mod but can't nominate ourselves?
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    @Hatta so are we getting closer to the date the forum will be out of beta? 
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
    I think we should nominate other people to become a mod but can't nominate ourselves?
    It's not about who gets the most votes though if you read it. Anyone can put forward a name they think would do a good job, and anyone who wants to become one has to say why. :)
    I've been given the opportunity to work with @PeteTheDuck both on and off the forum and I have to say that he's one of the most hard working individuals that I've worked with. Personally, I'd think you'd be mad not to choose him. :P 

I also think that @OneTwoThree would be a fantastic moderator. He's been here since 2010, he's regularly on the forums and he's pretty popular with the majority of the members on here. I feel like he'd be on of the few that people would listen to. 

Also thank you for actually making community Moderators a thing. Hopefully with the instillation of  community moderators the forum can slowly become a much better and closer community. :)  
    I can't help but strongly disagree with that :p 
    edited January 2015
    Just to add to my post. I worked in customer services for three years, so kinda know how to deal with angry people calmly (even if I don't always show it) I only work three days a week now, so have plenty of time to keep the forum in good condition. And hay you can't argue with the paddle of rebuke o:)

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    edited January 2015
    I vote for Platypussfeatures and @Syngamer.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    I've been banned far too many times to become a mod.

Also, I second Syn. Did a great job back on the old forums
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    I recommend @PeteTheDuck

#TeamLH

• TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Petrol Head
    I'd like to recommend @GentleNameMVB‌ , and while you're at it give him his original name back as well ;)

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
    I'd like to recommend @GentleNameMVB‌ , and while you're at it give him his original name back as well ;)
    What was his original name? I once wanted mine back too, but I feel like I've grown into this one now :p