Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Fanatec CSW V2.5 Review

Hi Guys,

I just uploaded my CSW V2.5 Review :) 
Hope you enjoy! 

Comments

• DarkRedslayerDarkRedslayer Member Race Steward
    If only fanatec would get off their asses and make a PS4 compatible wheel. I'm still running my CSR, won't be buying a new wheel until this one dies, or Fanatec makes a PS4 compatible wheel.

Solid review though.
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    wonders how much it differs from v2 base.for sim racing it would be ideal for rally not sure.i was quite a bit slower and didnt like the gearstick if im honest.
  • simracinggirlsimracinggirl Member New Car Smell
    Thnx for watching guys! 

I do not own the CSW V2 so a direct comparison was not possible unfortunetaly :/
    Do you mean the Fanatec shifter? 

And yea Darkredslayer i hope that Playstation provides Fanatec with the necessary licenses soon! :) It's up to PS and not Fanatec ;) 

Bye! 

well its basically the same base almost identical.to V.2

yes the shifter for rally is too slow or clunky in my opinion.as i told them in feedback.

hopefully someone does make a fluid gearstick for rally and more hand brakes which are pretty rare unless you pay silly amounts.yes they do a nice one but not many other options.

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Race Steward
    edited April 13

If only fanatec would get off their asses and make a PS4 compatible wheel. I'm still running my CSR, won't be buying a new wheel until this one dies, or Fanatec makes a PS4 compatible wheel.

Solid review though.

This wheel costs more than double what a PS4 costs, such a waste, why not just plug it into a PC where it belongs? :p
  • ScyyScyy Member Pit Crew

dgeesi0 said:

well its basically the same base almost identical.to V.2

yes the shifter for rally is too slow or clunky in my opinion.as i told them in feedback.

hopefully someone does make a fluid gearstick for rally and more hand brakes which are pretty rare unless you pay silly amounts.yes they do a nice one but not many other options.

I personally use the padels and have the shifter in sq mode and use down shift as a handbrake. I would get fanatecs handbrake but I need to mod something onto my rig to make it fit right.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards

Thnx for watching guys! 

I do not own the CSW V2 so a direct comparison was not possible unfortunetaly :/
    Do you mean the Fanatec shifter? 

And yea Darkredslayer i hope that Playstation provides Fanatec with the necessary licenses soon! :) It's up to PS and not Fanatec ;) 

Bye! 

That's actually not the case, Fanatec made a deal with sony in 2016. They just haven't bothered to release a wheel yet.
    edited April 18

Rygar86 said:

Solid review though.

This wheel costs more than double what a PS4 costs, such a waste, why not just plug it into a PC where it belongs? :p

Narrow minded viewpoint. 

I have a lot of friends who game on PS4 and don't game on PC, There are also games like Gran Turismo that will never hit PC.

Besides that, I actually do game on PC, with a triple monitor set up and a Fanatec CSR. PC has a I7 4790k, R9 390 8gb and 16 gb of ram. But I want a wheel that works on both my primary platforms, that being PC and PS4.

Not every one games on PC, not everyone can afford it, that doesn't mean I don't want to game with them still, but it does mean I need a wheel that works on their preferred platform because racing with a controller is like stabbing yourself in the eye with a pencil.
    good thing dirt 4 is cross platform. :)                                
    edited April 20

dgeesi0 said:

Link? 

All I could find was cross platform leaderboards, which are not at all the same as being able to race eachother.
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal

dgeesi0 said:

Link? 

All I could find was cross platform leaderboards, which are not at all the same as being able to race eachother.

Yeah its only cross-platform leaderboards, I think thats what he meant