Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

EECMT - Ego Engine Camera Modding Tool

zissakos1zissakos1 Member Unleaded
I would like to present a generic Camera Modding Tool for (presumably) ALL Codemasters racing games using the EGO Engine.
It allows to edit any value for any camera on any car (or a selection thereof), all at once, instantly.
You can backup and restore all the camera files, and even easily package them for publishing them on the internet.

Download: https://github.com/zissakos/EECMT/releases

Video:

1. Choose location of your game.
2. Select cars and cameras you want to change
3. Enter the values you want to change. For numeric values you can even enter "+x" or "-x" to have a relative change instead of an absolute target value.
4. Hit Apply! Done!

Tips:
- For each parameter, the tool shows you the values that currently exist in all camera files in a tooltip
  (so you have a starting point for modding and maybe get an idea about the range of the parameter).
- You can open a car's camera xml file quickly by right-clicking on a car
  (to find out which camera has which parameters).

The tool currently supports Dirt 1-3, Dirt Rally, Grid 2, Grid Autosport.
I am sure it supports all the other ones as well (Dirt Showdown, Grid 1, or the F1 games).
I definitely plan to make it compatible with Dirt 4.
Adding a game is as easy as editing the ini file "EECMT.ini".

Converting from/to binaryXML is handled automatically by the tool (a binaryXML Converter is included)

All changes made to the cameras can easily be exported to a folder structure ready for other users to extract into their game folders (PACKAGE button).

Enjoy!

Post edited by zissakos1 on

Comments

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    have you got any video of it ?                                                              
  • zissakos1zissakos1 Member Unleaded
    unfortunately no. What exactly would you like to see?
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion

zissakos1 said:

unfortunately no. What exactly would you like to see?

It working...                                                    

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

I'll try to make a video.

MaXyMsrpl said:

Is it compatible with online events, career etc?
    I remember some modifications for cameras but it causes problems listed above

Hmmm I don't know. Is there a thread about that somewhere where I can get more information?
    The tool changes the "cameras.xml" files. I don't know what plausibility checks the game does on them.
    All the other camera mods out there, don't they work in online events?

• boganibogani Member Champion
    The other camera mods works fine online.

Replay camera mods can cause racenet error though.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

Oh ok. Then it is a matter of excluding the replay cameras from the changes by unselecting them.
  • RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    This would be interesting, given that the chase camera in the game swings to the side way too much and effectively hides the part of the road/track that you'd normally see. Especially problematic in Greece when the trees are starting to cover the entire view.

Would like to see a quick video tutorial on how this works. At least that would allow to not **** up something xD

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
    edited June 3
    I finally did an overview video which shows the basic usage:

edited June 3
    also, the tool has gone open source. you can find it on github now:

https://github.com/zissakos/EECMT

(Original Post updated)