Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why can't F1 2016 audio levels go below 5 out of 10?

I'm not sure why it's been like this, and I can see no real reason why. I mean, if you're gonna stop it at a point then why not just have like a 1-5 scale rather than 1-10 but you can't go below 5? I only ask because I constantly have to change audio levels of people in discord because I can't lower my engine level down.

Best Answer

Answers

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    It because all the sounds you need to drive a car can't go below %50. It works that way in a lot of Codemasters games and racing games in general. So really it's %50 - %100.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion

pijin said:

It's because it's relative sound. All sounds are deemed necessary, so you can only control how loud one is relative to the other

In which case, showing them as percentages is just daft, and they should use a more appropriate scale.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • pijinpijin Member Race Steward

pijin said:

It's because it's relative sound. All sounds are deemed necessary, so you can only control how loud one is relative to the other

In which case, showing them as percentages is just daft, and they should use a more appropriate scale.

Perhaps, but still, amongst other issues with the game(s), not something to get particularly worked up over.

Love your post signature btw. A+
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Unleaded

It because all the sounds you need to drive a car can't go below %50. It works that way in a lot of Codemasters games and racing games in general. So really it's %50 - %100.

Thank you both. Also, yes, you're signature is brilliant!