Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

steering wheel information

i think it would be a good idea if codies add more information to the steering wheel like assetto corsa does 
Image result for assetto corsa sf15t cockpit

Comments

• kraM1tkraM1t Member Pit Crew
    Yes please, I want to turn off the HUD entirely..
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    Been asking for this since the LCD screens csme out.. I've given up asking for it.. it's such a small and easy detail to fix and has massive effects for cockpit users and yet year after year its the some old pointless information  having to use the annoying HUD 
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Petrol Head

molland said:

i think it would be a good idea if codies add more information to the steering wheel like assetto corsa does 

assetto has a proper ERS function that they need to show that because we need to see it. Unless codies put in proper functioning ERS system then that would be just a bunch of numbers that wouldn't mean anything. I would instead like to have things thats usefull to see like whats shown on the games hud be displayed on the wheel.     
    Xbox one, controller
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    It would even be nicer if the next F1 rim to be launched will have a display. With the UDP being used it should be easy to implement this in the next generation game wheels. The game devs should think ahead regarding this.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Wheel Nut

kevinkirk said:

molland said:

assetto has a proper ERS function that they need to show that because we need to see it. Unless codies put in proper functioning ERS system then that would be just a bunch of numbers that wouldn't mean anything. I would instead like to have things thats usefull to see like whats shown on the games hud be displayed on the wheel.     

Even without the ERS info, the important stuff can still be used.
    For me... Fuel Level and Current Engine Mode, Live Delta, Tyre Wear %,  Current Braking Bias and Diff Setting and Gear Number are the most important info.

Look how much space ISN'T being used on the wheel's screen! 
    Best version would be a fully customisable screen, so each of us can get the info we each individually want.
  • lordnukerlordnuker Member New Car Smell

kevinkirk said:

molland said:

For me... Fuel Level and Current Engine Mode, Live Delta, Tyre Wear %,  Current Braking Bias and Diff Setting and Gear Number are the most important info.

Best version would be a fully customisable screen, so each of us can get the info we each individually want.

And which lap you are on, and how many to scheduled pit stop.  
  • Bankai3987Bankai3987 Member Wheel Nut

lordnuker said:

kevinkirk said:

molland said:

And which lap you are on, and how many to scheduled pit stop.  

Yup, those too...
  • pijinpijin Member Co-Driver
    Just put the mfd there and call it lol..
  • R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    Just let us choose whats on each menu screen so have per say 3 screen and let us put what we wsnt on them that way we set it how we want and dont get stuck with useless stuff anymore
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.