Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Bug with the Brake

AndirazarAndirazar Member New Car Smell
Hello Guys,
Since a few days I have a problem with the Brake all over the game: The brake stays always on full.
I tried it with a few different controllers. Today I had this Problem the first time, without chancing anything in the Options 
Thaks for your Answers and Sorry for mistakes in my Grammar -Im from Germany

-Andi

Comments

• R4pp3rR4pp3r Member Race Steward
    PC?

If so there a file you can edit to adjust that I'll check when im home and reply again
    Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Seem more like a hardware problem, but since you already tried different controllers that is almost ruled out or they should all have the same problem. Schade.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • AcereesAcerees Member Unleaded
    Windows update messed up my wheel as well.  Uninstall your driver and re-install.  It affected some games worse than others with me.  
    edited April 20
    is it a wheel or controller?                 

Nothing better than watching a driver on the ragged edge. Nothing better than feeling a car right on the limits of its own performance.
  • AndirazarAndirazar Member New Car Smell
    both wheel and Controller, Im playing on PC

• JP072JP072 Member Race Steward
    I can't help you with this but maybe @Lozzy can.

Andirazar said:

im assuming its an assignment code issue
    . go into your f1 2016 fold go into the actionmaps folder then open the file with notepad.

use CTRL+F to search for the name of the controller. I.E my wheel is a g920 so I search for g920.

it should look like this:

<ActionMap actionMapName="Logitech_G920" deviceName="{C262046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
        <Action actionName="Menu Scroll Up">
            <Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
        <Action actionName="Menu Scroll Down">
            <Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
     <Action actionName="Accelerate">
            <Axis axisName="di_y_axis" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
        <Action actionName="Brake">
            <Axis axisName="di_z_axis_rotation" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
        <Action actionName="Steer Left">
            <Axis axisName="di_x_axis" type="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

or something similar to that with a few extra lines. now it will vary depending on controller but the main part your looking for it the underlined part in bold. If per say you were to test your wheel first and when you open it it sayd "uniDirectionalPositive" change it to "uniDirectionalNegative" then save the file and try it. if it fixes it great it not then change it back to negative and save and test it again. either should fix it. same with you controller there should be a line similar to the brake line just change the direction from either positive or negative to either positive or negative and see if it works. If when you load the file in notepad they already say negative then try saving the file and testing, I say this because I already changed my brake line to negative but it takes for me to save it pretty much everytime I load the game for the game to register for what ever reason.

Hope this helps :)

edited April 20

R4pp3r said:

Andirazar said:

im assuming its an assignment code issue
    . go into your f1 2016 fold go into the actionmaps folder then open the file with notepad.

use CTRL+F to search for the name of the controller. I.E my wheel is a g920 so I search for g920.

it should look like this:

<ActionMap actionMapName="Logitech_G920" deviceName="{C262046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
        <Action actionName="Menu Scroll Up">
        </Action>
        <Action actionName="Menu Scroll Down">
        </Action>
        </Action>
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="di_x_axis" type="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

or something similar to that with a few extra lines. now it will vary depending on controller but the main part your looking for it the underlined part in bold. If per say you were to test your wheel first and when you open it it sayd "uniDirectionalPositive" change it to "uniDirectionalNegative" then save the file and try it. if it fixes it great it not then change it back to negative and save and test it again. either should fix it. same with you controller there should be a line similar to the brake line just change the direction from either positive or negative to either positive or negative and see if it works. If when you load the file in notepad they already say negative then try saving the file and testing, I say this because I already changed my brake line to negative but it takes for me to save it pretty much everytime I load the game for the game to register for what ever reason.

Hope this helps :)

No Changes, but is the option for The controller xinput? its the only thing i could find there
    edited April 20
    Is that the right one for the Xbox contoller?

<ActionMap actionMapName="xi_Preset1" deviceName="xinput_pad" priority="3">
            <Axis axisName="xinput_right_trigger" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_trigger" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_stick_x" type="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
        <Action actionName="Steer Right">
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_stick_x" type="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action> 

Thats from the actionmaps but the brake stays with positive and negative at 100%

Andirazar said:

<Axis axisName="xinput_right_trigger" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_trigger" type="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_stick_x" type="biDirectionalLower" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action>
            <Axis axisName="xinput_left_stick_x" type="biDirectionalUpper" deadZone="0.2" saturation="1.0" />
        </Action> 

Thats from the actionmaps but the brake stays with positive and negative at 100%

Yeah thats the one hmm thats strange test it on your wheel and see if it fixed it if not reinstall the controller software if not fixed then reinstall the game

R4pp3r said:

Andirazar said:

</Action>
        </Action>
        </Action>
        </Action> 

Yeah thats the one hmm thats strange test it on your wheel and see if it fixed it if not reinstall the controller software if not fixed then reinstall the game

Do I need to save my career or stays it?

Didn´t help at all. Reinstall didn´t fix the game. Do I have to wait for the next Patch now? I´m really sad that It´s not working :(
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Race Steward
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned or you've already tried.  

Have you got another racing game to try ? 

Tried a different USB slot ? 

Reinstalled the version of the game ? (Delete it completely) 

Try to narrow it down to a single thing. It could be your PC. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast

Sorry if it's already been mentioned or you've already tried.  

Have you got another racing game to try ? 

Tried a different USB slot ? 

Reinstalled the version of the game ? (Delete it completely) 

Try to narrow it down to a single thing. It could be your PC. 

I tried everything alreaedy, but what do you mean with it could be the Pc i think it´s Windows
    edited April 21
    Hardware problem, or virus maybe. Something is telling it to do what it's doing. Maybe a faulty wire or motherboard. Do you have any other issues with the Pc that is strange. I've seen PC's act weird with viruses or malware. It could be anything. Could be Windows. You might need a fresh install, but don't do it just because I say (last resort). Is your Windows fully up to date.  
    If no one has solid fix then maybe try something out of the box. 
    I'll ask my friend tomorrow for you, as he is a genius with PC's and I'll let you know what he says. 
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast
    edited April 22
    I chatted to my friend and he said its a bit weird. The two things he mention was, if you hold down the shift key for 8 seconds, or keep pressing it 8 times it will bring up a menu. Make sure that sticky keys is not on, as that could be one of the reasons.

Another was the keyboard button you have assigned for the brake. It may be interfering. Make sure that is not faulty by assigning a different button to make sure, as having the keyboard plugged in while you're playing could be causing the brake to be pressed fully if there is a fault. 

Hope that helps
    Post edited by inspiretheworld on
    PS4 - inspiretheworld
    Steam - beans_on_toast

I chatted to my friend and he said its a bit weird. The two things he mention was, if you hold down the shift key for 8 seconds, or keep pressing it 8 times it will bring up a menu. Make sure that sticky keys is not on, as that could be one of the reasons.

Another was the keyboard button you have assigned for the brake. It may be interfering. Make sure that is not faulty by assigning a different button to make sure, as having the keyboard plugged in while you're playing could be causing the brake to be pressed fully if there is a fault. 

Hope that helps

No didnt help, thanks!
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Try your controllers on another PC if possible to rule out if it is PC, Windows or controller related. At this point, with everything checked and double checked thats the only thing you can do I guess.
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna

Try your controllers on another PC if possible to rule out if it is PC, Windows or controller related. At this point, with everything checked and double checked thats the only thing you can do I guess.

There is now new version for my drivers. but thanks for your answer!

• peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    probably not your problem, but in the game in controller settings where you set the custom controller for the brake you can reverse it, it's a check box for that. generally, set up a custom controller to recognise your inputs.