Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Game won't even launch

I have the STEAM copy of the game. Whenever I click "Play" the "preparing to launch game" box pops up for a split second, then closes again, it shows the game running for a few seconds and then closes. I can't even get into the game at all.

PC Specs:
RAM: 32706 MB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB

Comments

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Are you trying to start the game from within Steam, or are you using a D:R shortcut?

My game will only launch from within Steam

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• DanielKayDanielKay Member New Car Smell
    Yes I do launch it from Steam, I also tried launching it directly or via shortcut, neither worked.
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    Have you tried verifying the local game cache?
    Yes, I also tried reinstalling, installing it to a different hard drive, running the EXE in compatibility mode. One thing I noticed is, the game doesn't seem to create a directory in my userdate/USER_NUMBER/ folder.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    Try running it as administrator.                   
    OK this is really strange. I just bought a new monitor and while testing things out started Dirt Rally... and suddenly it launched... I did NOTHING different, all I did was try it on a different monitor. And I tried switching screens before, I tried it on my old screen (DVI port, 1680 x 1050), my TV (HDMI 1920 x 1080) and nothing. Tried it on the new screen (Display Port 3440 x 1440) and it starts up as if nothing happened.

Might there be an issue with the game thinking it has to start at a certain resolution?