Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The IRL Rally thread

Share cool videos, pictures, stories or memories in here :)

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

Comments

• versediversedi Race Engineer
    Oh thank you @bogani :D

I'll start then!

Recently an iconic rally called "Świdnicki Krauze" ("Elmot" in the past) took place in Western part of Poland.
    This year a new championship was created - HRSMP (Historic Rally Cars Polish Championship).

Guy with an Audi Quattro placed 10th in general, faster than a few R5s.

„The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• versediversedi Race Engineer
    Volume UP and prepare for eargasm which's 6 characters too short. 

„The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• boganibogani Champion
    Nothing new, but Lukyanuk is an entertaining man with balls of steal!

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• DytutDytut Race Engineer
    I must urge you all to put on autotranslate to english for that onboard, just for the pure randomness of it :-D
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• SimVansevenantSimVansevenant Co-Driver
    edited May 13
    I highly recommend the Dirt Team going there for inspiration and connections.
    There's such a great selection of cars and they might get to know some people that would most likely be willing help out the team with their research and sound recordings, don't you think?
    https://youtu.be/z3b2m0uupQU 

Edit: I was wondering how I can add a video to a post? I can add the link but the video doesn't appear in my post.
  • ScyyScyy Wheel Nut

In real life, me and @KickUp will hopefully be teaming up again in July for my next event :D

Awesome, where at?
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • boganibogani Champion

In real life, me and @KickUp will hopefully be teaming up again in July for my next event :D

Nice!

Be brave ;)

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• Opel/Vauxhall will anounce their new R5 car this month. Either an Adam R5 or most likely a Corsa R5. I always liked the look of Opels/Vauxhalls the last couple of years. It's going to be quite the looker if I'm not mistaken. Great news! Hopefully it'll be better than their S2000 attempt because that failed miserably.
  • sqdstrsqdstr Co-Driver

Opel/Vauxhall will anounce their new R5 car this month. Either an Adam R5 or most likely a Corsa R5. I always liked the look of Opels/Vauxhalls the last couple of years. It's going to be quite the looker if I'm not mistaken. Great news! Hopefully it'll be better than their S2000 attempt because that failed miserably.

Was that Corsa S2000 officially supported by Opel themselves? Or was it more along the lines like that Mitsubishi R5 now?

• sqdstr said:

Opel/Vauxhall will anounce their new R5 car this month. Either an Adam R5 or most likely a Corsa R5. I always liked the look of Opels/Vauxhalls the last couple of years. It's going to be quite the looker if I'm not mistaken. Great news! Hopefully it'll be better than their S2000 attempt because that failed miserably.

Was that Corsa S2000 officially supported by Opel themselves? Or was it more along the lines like that Mitsubishi R5 now?

I believe it was similar to the Mitsi R5, but may have had Opel backing in the early stages. I was lucky enough to see it competing on the Cork 20 rally in 2008 as 0 car. I think there is still one competing in Finland actually.

The car was built by MSD who used to run the Hyundai Accent's in the WRC, and prior to that the Hyundai Coupe F2 Kit Cars in the BRC and WRC.
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • sqdstrsqdstr Co-Driver
    Benque drove the Corsa S2000 on its IRC debut here in the Ypres rally back in 2009

• Yes, he did debut the car at my home rally in Ypres! Far from successful though! 
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Co-Driver
    Cool video from fun/training event, starring rally truck drivers.
  • Here is the beautiful new Opel Corsa R5! It's a looker alright!
    https://youtu.be/ocRcsGzBRXI?list=PLVyRAt2cxbxtoo4mMa8Ohi4iLFjk7CXAm
  • juu1iusjuu1ius Co-Driver

Rally Talsi 2017, SS5, some photos more in the link
    https://www.facebook.com/Go4speed.lv/posts/1617308601635587