Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 Lada Russian Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
edited April 28 in World of Motorsport

Сначала вы могли подумать, что это спам-поток, но не волнуйтесь, это просто я с моим глупым и стереотипным предварительным просмотром гонки. Это и есть Гран-при России-2017 в Ладе.

Даниил Квят и Виталий Петров - русские. Владимир Путин также русский, и будет показан в освещении в воскресенье минимум 158 раз, причем каждый выстрел длится как минимум 5 секунд.

Тем не менее, в этом году он не будет видать со своим старым помощником Берни Экклстоуном в местах строительства ямы. Будет ли Чейз Кэри теперь мальчиком, чтобы сесть с ним?

Еще один ключевой вопрос, который царит в этот уик-энд, - будет ли возможный победитель (Льюис Хэмилтон или Себастьян Феттель) лить президента России в шампанском на трибуну. Все будет открыто в воскресенье днем.

Водка.

At first you may have thought this was a spam thread, but don't worry, it's just me with my stupid and stereotypical race preview. This is the 2017 Lada Russian Grand Prix.

Daniil Kvyat and Vitaly Petrov are both Russian. Vladimir Putin is also Russian, and will be shown in the coverage on Sunday a minimum of 158 times, with each shot lasting a minimum of 5 seconds.

However, this year he will not be seen hanging out with his old mate Bernie Ecclestone in the pit building seats. Will Chase Carey now be the boy to sit with him?

Another key question that reigns over this weekend is whether the eventual winner (Lewis Hamilton or Sebastian Vettel probably) will shower the Russian President in champagne on the podium. All will be revealed on Sunday afternoon.

Vodka.

Post edited by MBKF1 on
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Talking of Kvyat, what an absolute ledge, look what he's put on his helmet for this weekend!  :D

MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    I thought this was a spam thread.

*clicks spoiler*

Yeah, that's right. First sentence. Indeed.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Russians love bombing stuff.                 
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Still not convinced this isn't a spam thread.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    I believe as part of the forum rules, this is an English only forum so a mod might be along soon
    Uh the guy that started the thread is a mod.... #Fail :joy:
  • SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal

Hughesy said:

Uh the guy that started the thread is a mod.... #Fail :joy:

I was joking, I did notice and I'm glad he took it so well :D
    He's a nice guy, you'd have to try really hard to make him angry :p

Hughesy said:

He's a nice guy, you'd have to try really hard to make him angry :p

Hahaha, thank you. I think in my 2 years 'moderating' I've literally given out 1 warning.

Everyone here's great, I hardly need to moderate at all. We don't seem to have any of the fireworks that used to go off back in the day.

Messy session for Hamilton, I think he had too much his Russian vodka the night before. 
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer

MBKF1 said:

Talking of Kvyat, what an absolute ledge, look what he's put on his helmet for this weekend!  :D

Квят удря! Квят мачка!
    edited April 29
    Within the first 5 seconds of P3 Herbert has said  sort of 3 times..... 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion

Hughesy said:

That's sort of off-putting.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward

Hughesy said:

That's sort of off-putting.

Sort of like for sure.
    Wow Mercedes have been terrible this weekend, well in the grand scheme of things. The gap back to the rest of the teams is ridiculous. 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    YES! FRONT ROW LOCKOUT!
    TAKE THAT YOU ROTTEN SILVER ARROWS!

Yeah, uh, good day.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer

Hughesy said:

Wow Mercedes have been terrible this weekend, well in the grand scheme of things. The gap back to the rest of the teams is ridiculous. 

Terrible? They're less than 0.1 off pole. Even in the "grand scheme of things" that's hardly the end of the world.

One of the best qualifying sessions I can remember for years. Bit nervous about the start tomorrow but pole positions for Seb feel almost as good as wins these days.
    I'm on about the cars, not the times. They are all over the place in the slow corners, which is going to hurt them massively in the race. 
    Cracking sesh! As Vettelfan said, definitely one of the best Qualifying sessions I can remember for a very long time. I was gutted Kimi just missed out on the top spot, but all front row Ferrari?! They're definitely back for good.

Lewis was all over the place in the final sector, Bottas once again going brilliantly around Sochi. Funny how some circuits seem to click with certain drivers. Sochi is one of those for Bottas. But I'm sure Lewis will be absolutely fine in the race tomorrow.

Once again, Ricciardo showing who's boss at Red Bull by pulling it out the bag in Q3. It's amazing how he always seems to get an edge, despite trailing Verstappen through the earlier sessions.

Big disappointments for me were Stroll and Palmer. I know we keep saying Stroll has had poor luck so far this year, but to be a full second off your team mate (one who is certainly not in his prime). That's not good. On that note, good job by Felipe to get ahead of Verstappen, really good effort.

And Palmer, just sloppy today. No match for Hulkenberg, and then plonked it in the barriers with a clumsy T4. He really needs a big turn in form if he wants to keep his drive next year, and I can't see any other team taking him (other than Sauber perhaps, as he obviously brings a fair bit of cash with him).

Force India keep doing a good job too, very evenly matched between Perez and Ocon, throughout the whole session. I have no doubt they'll score more valuable points tomorrow, when some people in front will probably trip up.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow!