Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

D4RC - Global Community League: The DiRT 4 Rally Championship

SkyRexSkyRex Member Race Steward
--------- Logo follows soon------------
It is only a few weeks until D4 launches, so I wanted to reserve a Thread for the community rally league and successor of the DRC.

The DiRT 4 Rally Championship  -  D4RC
--link follows--

This is an open-for-all, Rally-only, international League in DiRT 4. The goal is to create a series of equally structured Seasons to offer a global Championship for the DiRT 4 community equivalent to real-world fia championships. This offers a way to find not the single-stage most fastest, but the most consistently fast drivers and offer a way to immerse the hobby of virtual Rally-driving even more.

The League, Season and Event structure is as follows:
  • Every Season will consist of over 10 Rallies.
  • Every Rally will last for exactly 72 hours.
  • Every Rally will consist of 7 Stages and 2 Service Parks.
  • The Service Parks will chunk the Rally into bits of 1, 2 and 4 stages ( =7 ) with the 4 stages being in the middle.
  • Most stages will be at maximum length.
  • Points will be awarded to each driver according to their time after every Rally.
  • The Season-Champion is the driver with the most Points.
  • Between Seasons is a cool-down period of undefined time for awarding the winners and setting up the following Season. This will mostly be about 3 days.

Anybody can join, but you have to follow these rules:
  • No second tries. Once a stage is attempted it has to be finished. Circumventing this in any way will result in a league-ban.
  • One Team, One Car. You are free to join a running Season anytime, but the car you pick for your first Season-Rally has to be the same for all following Season-Rallies.

Rewards:
  • The Season Champion is allowed to pick the vehicle class(es) for the following season.
  • (Waiting for release... Some stuff with picking iconic stages in locations)

Eligible Classes
  • All ingame vehicle classes plus the following
  • Full Group B (AWD+RWD)
  • Millenium (Group A + Focus '01 + Impreza '01)
  • Late 00s (Focus '07)
  • Multiclass Setups. (Wouldn't guarantee competitiveness for every car)

Notice: With the event structure and duration you will need roughly 1 hour of playtime every 3 days, or 2.3 hours of playtime per week to be able to participate in every event of this league. If you can't commit this time, you are of course still welcome to participate, but be aware that 'winning' might be out of reach without entering every rally.

The eagle-eyed have noticed the "over 10 Rallies" despite only 5 locations ingame. Every Location ingame will be the host to two rallies, seperated by a different style and local location for the stages. In the following I will describe every Rally as a quick overview. In brackets () is listed the ingame location to create this Rally with:

The Season Calendar:

Rally Norway
(Sweden)
Complexity: 75-100
Counterpart: WRC Rally Norway
Snow-covered Trees and mostly icy and snow-covered roads. Stages are very technical, narrow and with many corners with some fast straights in between. More stages during night than Sweden.

Rally Sweden

(Sweden)
Complexity: 0-25
Counterpart: WRC Rally Sweden
Wet muddy-snow roads. A lot faster than Norway with more jumps and less twisty. 

Rally Tanzania

(Australia)
Counterpart: ARC Rally Tanzania
Sandy, twisty roads through mostly rain-forest. Soaked wet sand and chance of rain high.

Rally Spain

(Spain/Australia)
Complexity: 0-75
Counterpart: WRC Rally Spain
Flowing but twisty tarmac roads through hills and small villages. Open, dry areas. Chance of rain very low. Mixed event with two gravel stages made with Australia.

Rally Finland
(Wales)
Complexity: 0
Counterpart: WRC Rally Finland
Roads through dense forest. Fast straights and not very complex, but a lot of crests. Mostly sunny and dry, chance of rain low.

Rally Poland

(Michigan)
Counterpart: WRC Rally Poland
Similar to Michigan but narrower and with more open fields.

Rally Wales

(Wales)
Counterpart: WRC Rally Wales/GB
Complex roads winding through forests as well as open fields. Road mostly wet and moist, chance of rain very high.

Rally China

(Spain)
Counterpart: planned WRC Rally China
Winding roads through forested hill-sides, no villages. More twisted than Spain. Chance of wet and rain very likely.

Rally USA

(Michigan)
Complexity: 0-50
Counterpart: Rally America Lake Superior Performance Rally
Fast roads through red/brown-forests, with little complexity and little elevation change. More night stages than usual. Normally dry and chance of rain low.

Rally Australia

(Australia)
Complexity: 0-75
Counterpart: WRC Rally Australia
Red dry sandy roads through open outback with just occasional forest. Chance of rain extremely low.

Currently the planned order is as depicted above, beginning with Norway.
Every Rally is depicted after a real-world rally run currently or in the past in a FIA International Championship, namely the WRC, ERC, ARC and APRC.

Currently this is only to reserve the Thread-spot in the forum and to announce the upcoming league to every interested party. Not really much to see here right now. But if wished, feel free to comment on the event and season structure and the plan of creating two events per location.

Cheers
7 Skyrex

P.S. for more car and road related stuff visit my tribe:  https://drivetribe.com/t/H5iwb8HwSy-iEYmrPYKFeQ?iid=OP_VBq6GTDaqrMqcb0D0_g

Post edited by SkyRex on

Comments

• DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    So looking forward to this :-D                            
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• VoidhawkVoidhawk Member Unleaded
    I'll be up for this if leagues are cross platform. Are you using in Game league structure (game then awards points) or using a system separate from game?
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Race Steward

Voidhawk said:

I'll be up for this if leagues are cross platform. Are you using in Game league structure (game then awards points) or using a system separate from game?

It'll depend on how DiRT 4 does it. If it's the same as DiRT Rally it'll be ingame structure with 25-1 points for the first 10 drivers. Maybe even a second layer can be added, if you can see separate leaderboards in multiclass events.
  • VoidhawkVoidhawk Member Unleaded
    Great. I'm not very good but want to take part nonetheless. I like epic events and your idea is exactly what I'm looking for. I do hope you are opting for the SIM handling rather than arcade mode:)
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    There's a section for Leagues.....          
  • ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver

KevM said:

Considering no one uses it and this is where the dirt rally championship thread is I don't see the problem. It's not like this forum is super busy and this is blocking other threads.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver

SkyRex said:

Voidhawk said:

It'll depend on how DiRT 4 does it. If it's the same as DiRT Rally it'll be ingame structure with 25-1 points for the first 10 drivers. Maybe even a second layer can be added, if you can see separate leaderboards in multiclass events.

If I'm recalling correctly it sounds like you can customize the way points are delivered so it can involve more than the top 10 drivers per event.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards
  • KevMKevM Member Champion

Scyy said:

KevM said:

Considering no one uses it and this is where the dirt rally championship thread is I don't see the problem. It's not like this forum is super busy and this is blocking other threads.

It shouldn't be here either (only saying)...

Scyy said:

SkyRex said:

Voidhawk said:

If I'm recalling correctly it sounds like you can customize the way points are delivered so it can involve more than the top 10 drivers per event.

Custom points would be great. Then we can have power stages and such if we wish :-)

edited May 12
    It was confirmed, that D4 will allow custom classes and probably custom points:
    http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/258453/#Comment_258453

With this in mind I suggest a slight change in plans: With significant longer Seasons coming in the D4RC (~a month per season) compared to the DRC, the chance gets very high some individuals might really dislike the current class and wouldn't really want to participate. To offer everybody more freedom in their car choice for a month-long season I suggest a permanent Two-Class System.

Wether it will be possible to award points separately remains to be seen, but you can always get the ranking of the second class out of the overall ranking looking where lower-class vehicles are. So idea is as following:

The D4RC as the main championship is limited to class choices of high performance
    The D4RC 2 is limited to low performance classes.
    Both will always happen simultaneously, offering the choice of preferred car to compete in for the month if you prefer one over the other(e.g because of drivetrain). Car-locking will be in place still! One car, one season, which also means no mid-season class switching.

The overall champion gets to choose the next D4RC class.
    The best D4RC 2 driver gets to choose the next D4RC 2 class.

If nobody drove in a D4RC 2 vehicle, the class sets to a default dependent on the first class.
    If a D4RC 2 driver becomes overall champion he/she gets to choose both new classes.

Eligible Classes:
    Eligible classes D4RC with default 2nd in brackets {}:
    • D4RC Masters (R5 & 2000ccm & Group A)       {R4}
    • R5                                                                          {R4}
    • up to 2000ccm                                                       {R4}
    • R4                                                                          {R2}
    • Group A                                                                 {F2 Kit}
    • Millennium (Evo VI + Impreza '01 + Focus '01)  {F2 Kit}
    • H3                                                                          {H2}
    • Group B (AWD & RWD)                                                 {All-H}
    • Group B 2 (RWD & RS200 + Metro 6R4)                 {All-H}
    • Group B 1 (Quattro S1 E2 + Delta S4 + T16 Evo2)     {All-H}
    • Anarchy (Everything goes) {None}
    Eligible classes D4RC 2 as long as first hasn't the same:
    • R4
    • R2
    • F2 Kit Car
    • H3
    • H2R
    • H2F
    • H1
    • H2 (H2F & H2R)
    • All-H (H1, H2 & H3)

Plan for first season gets therefor probably set to R4 and R2 as second as a kinda national-level introduction Season

Any thoughts on the class-plans ? Especially from those interested, that were/are already competing in DiRT Rally Leagues.

Post edited by SkyRex on
    I think those classes sounds great :-)  

edited June 10
    We are currently all waiting for the Clubs/Leagues to be released further down the line. So I started to investigate my plans of reusing locations to fill two rallies, which still feel different. For a start I tried if I can create a Rally Finland stage with Wales. It's not 'quite' finland, but I'm satisfied. The forest-feeling is spot-on with dry and sunny weather and the driving is fast on wide roads, which is still extremely challenging to blast through at break-neck speed with little room to spare.

If the League-interested are also interest in the looks of the other 4 pseudo-locations I can make some more recordings of my investigation.
    If some want to evaluate that Prototype-stage for themselves add me on steam and I can send you the stage ingame.

• versediversedi Member Champion
    Do you know how many @SkyRex are on Steam? :dizzy:

versedi said:
    Do you know how many @SkyRex are on Steam? :dizzy:

All those identity thieves ! XD
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120792234

edited June 12
    Same as before, this time I've got a prototype-stage of
    Rally Poland:

and Rally Tanzania:

EDIT:
    and the 2016 Rally China:

Post edited by SkyRex on
    And here is the last of the Pseudo-Location-Prototypes:
    Rally Norway:

Made with Sweden on highest complexity, lots of elevation change and mostly compacted snow and no slush.

I'm also on the brink of scratching Croatia completely. YourStage is varied enough to pose for two Rallies, but with three it would probably start feeling too repetitive.
     I instead would probably opt for making one or two stages of Rally Spain as Wales on highest complexity with sunny weather. Spain is mixed in real life anyway. This way we would keep a mixed Rally without overusing the locations beyond a repetitive point.

Additionally this drops the number to 10 events. In DR Leagues were limited to 12 Rallies, so if/when DLC drops, we can increase the D4RC by two new events instead of only one.

Whatya think? Drop Croatia and make Spain mixed?

• SuperJ101SuperJ101 Member New Car Smell
    I'd be happy with dropping Croatia, i thought you were a tad optimistic attempting 3 rallies with only one area. Assuming we get dlc it would be great to be able to introduce them since the room would be available assuming that the cap is 12 as it is in the championship editor in Dirt 4
  • SuperJ101SuperJ101 Member New Car Smell
    Oh and all the pseudo rallies look great, much better than i expected, though they could end up looking a bit to similar to the rally in the location it was based on.
    I updated the first post with complexity values for YourStage and with a picture of each of the 10 locations