Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

A Little Challenge....McLaren on Spain. Please help.

JackLane1982JackLane1982 Member New Car Smell
Hi Guys and Girls,

With some friends, we are competing in a F1 Time Trial competition. We are driving the F1 circuits according to the official F1 calendar, but with predefined teams per circuit. So now we are driving at Spain with the McLaren. The assists I use is Traction Control on medium and anti-lock is on (yes, the goal is no-assists).

But here comes the frustration:
With Traction control on Medium I drive a 1:22.630.
With Traction Control on Full I drive a 1:22.192.

With Traction Control on medium, i'm faster in S1 and S3 relative to the 1:22.192 (Traction Control on Full). But in S2 i'm losing about 0.500. So a 1:22.000 should be possible with traction control on medium.

My question/request to you guys and girls is: could you drive some laps with the McLaren on Spain with Traction Control on Medium (or switched off) with the setup below? Maybe you can give me some adjustments regarding my setup and i am curious if a 1:22.000 is possible then.

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Aero: 5
Rear Wing Aero: 5

Transmission
Differential Adjustment On Throttle: 73%
Differential Adjustment Off throttle: 73%

Suspension Geometry
Front Camber: -3.10
Rear Camber: -1.40
Front Toe: 0.12
Rear Toe: 0.41

Suspension
Font Suspension: 5
Rear Suspension: 4
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 7
Front Ride Height: 6
Rear Ride Height: 6

Brakes
Brake Pressure: 75%
Front Brake Bias: 60%

Tyres
Front Tyre Pressure: 22.6psi
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.1psi

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 6

Thank you in advance!

Br,

Jacques

Comments

• JackLane1982JackLane1982 Member New Car Smell
    Really? Nobody? ;)
    Maybe at least could somebody take a look at the setup?
  • PurpleBear096PurpleBear096 Member New Car Smell
    I'll have a go later with this. 

I tend to copy leaderboard setups. When I'm consistently getting within a tenth and can't find pace, I try different tracks and setups.

I got a 1.20.929 last night (in a mercedes though). I know with traction on or medium I can save a little maybe, especially on the final part of the last sector. ABS is definately the big one though. I was finding I was 1s a lap faster when I first started, but have not used assists since then.

The last setup I used was JIM-ARESSI. He is the first of the no assists drivers (around 40th). He uses 9-9 wing and most setups I see have 80-88% brake pressure. More inclined to lock up, but if you have ABS< that doesn't really matter!
  • GEORGEXX13GEORGEXX13 Member New Car Smell
    Hi Guys and Girls,

With some friends, we are competing in a F1 Time Trial competition. We are driving the F1 circuits according to the official F1 calendar, but with predefined teams per circuit. So now we are driving at Spain with the McLaren. The assists I use is Traction Control on medium and anti-lock is on (yes, the goal is no-assists).

But here comes the frustration:
    With Traction control on Medium I drive a 1:22.630.
    With Traction Control on Full I drive a 1:22.192.

With Traction Control on medium, i'm faster in S1 and S3 relative to the 1:22.192 (Traction Control on Full). But in S2 i'm losing about 0.500. So a 1:22.000 should be possible with traction control on medium.

My question/request to you guys and girls is: could you drive some laps with the McLaren on Spain with Traction Control on Medium (or switched off) with the setup below? Maybe you can give me some adjustments regarding my setup and i am curious if a 1:22.000 is possible then.

Aerodynamics
    Front Wing Aero: 5
    Rear Wing Aero: 5

Transmission
    Differential Adjustment On Throttle: 73%
    Differential Adjustment Off throttle: 73%

Suspension Geometry
    Front Camber: -3.10
    Rear Camber: -1.40
    Front Toe: 0.12
    Rear Toe: 0.41

Suspension
    Font Suspension: 5
    Rear Suspension: 4
    Front Anti-Roll Bar: 7
    Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 7
    Front Ride Height: 6
    Rear Ride Height: 6

Brakes
    Brake Pressure: 75%
    Front Brake Bias: 60%

Tyres
    Front Tyre Pressure: 22.6psi
    Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.1psi

Weight Distribution
    Ballast: 6

Thank you in advance!

Br,

Jacques

Firts of all you need way more aero (something like 8-9 wings), then bring the differentials down to 70, the camber depends of what are you looking for a more stable car of a more responsive one. Also bringing the weight distribution to 11 helps too. 

As an advice I'd recommend to stop using assits right now, in my case, I spend the hole 2015 game year and 2 months into the 2016 one with that idea, but I was afraid of loosing too much speed. Finally I got to do it, and 2-3 after, I was already faster, it allows you to have full control over the car, and with time traction and braking wont be a problem anymore. Just do it and don't pay attention on to how slow and bad you'll be in the first days, just keep on trying, it makes the driving so much more fun and helps a lot in terms of undertanding different set-up.

The problem is that medium traction is the fastest way around in time trial, but not in races, since you are able to feel the car way better.

My ability since I quited assists has improved a lot, and I'm now much quicker with no assits.

If you decide to follow my advice, go back into time trial with the same car/set up in 2 months time and you'll see that you're fastest.

Good luck!
  • PurpleBear096PurpleBear096 Member New Car Smell
    Tried a few laps.

22.365 with no assists total 6 laps.
    22.183 with ABS only on lap 2. Stopped after that as I don't drive with it and didn't want to get used to it.

Try JIM Aressi's setup, or try your current setup with a bit more wing.
  • JackLane1982JackLane1982 Member New Car Smell
    Thnx everybody!

Body is 25 characters too short.