Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

I can't get above 30fps - despite having 75 before (Dirt Rally)

JonTantiJonTanti New Car Smell
Hi all, hoping this is the best place to put this,

My version of dirt rally will only run at < 30fps regardless of graphical setting. This is despite my laptop originally being able to run it at 60+ fps on high/ultra settings.

I think the issue started after connecting my laptop to a tv, playing a few stages, then unplugging - so it seems that some setting somewhere is causing this... but I'm not sure what

Is there a way to run DR in some way to reset all graphical settings? I'm not sure what's causing the apparent frame cap - only DR is having this issue for me.

Any ideas as to what could be going wrong?

thanks!

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Race Engineer
    Maybe it somehow got changed in the graphics settings when you plugged it to a TV, there's an option for Hz along side resolution. If that doesn't work, you could try reseting the settings by deleting hardwaresettings folder in Documents/My Games/DiRT Rally/
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport