Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

I can't get above 30fps - despite having 75 before (Dirt Rally)

JonTantiJonTanti Member New Car Smell
Hi all, hoping this is the best place to put this,

My version of dirt rally will only run at < 30fps regardless of graphical setting. This is despite my laptop originally being able to run it at 60+ fps on high/ultra settings.

I think the issue started after connecting my laptop to a tv, playing a few stages, then unplugging - so it seems that some setting somewhere is causing this... but I'm not sure what

Is there a way to run DR in some way to reset all graphical settings? I'm not sure what's causing the apparent frame cap - only DR is having this issue for me.

Any ideas as to what could be going wrong?

thanks!

Comments

• DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    Maybe it somehow got changed in the graphics settings when you plugged it to a TV, there's an option for Hz along side resolution. If that doesn't work, you could try reseting the settings by deleting hardwaresettings folder in Documents/My Games/DiRT Rally/
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport