Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Control Presets, mouse support and Full screen fix and other stuff.

LolmartSecurityLolmartSecurity Member New Car Smell
Good afternoon i figure i should drop a few suggestions and hope that they get implemented.
Currently i am trying the free weekend on steam so i am a total amateur at this game so if  you want to take my opinions with a grain of salt that's fine by me.

So here are my suggestions:
1. Control presets: there needs to be more presets and the current keyboard control presets to be frank there absurd.. I know this game was intended to be played with a racing wheel and i can understand that the idea behind the keyboard presets where that you use one hand to steer and the other hand to accelerate and break/reverse. on paper that makes sense, but i think a standard W, A,S, D or UP, LEFT, RIGHT, DOWN preset would be a lot better especially for fitly casuals like myself that said this isn't a must since the controls are rebindable.

2. Mouse support: i would love to have mouse support to be added for vehicle controls. in my opinion i think adding mouse control support would be useful, such as looking around in the cockpit or using the mouse to control the vehicle. as in using Mouse 1 and Mouse 2 for shifting up and down gears. i think this would be handy as i don't like having to squeeze all of my controls on to my keyboard. that said i can always bind gear up to Shift Left and gear down to Shift Right but i still think the option should be available since i am a casual and am not going to go out and buy a racing wheel since if i am only going to play one game that uses it.

3. Full screen fix: So if i go into the graphics setting and go video mode and check full screen it will enable full screen. but if i press the WIN key to look at my desktop (say i got a notification that i want to read or for whatever reason i want to go to my desktop) it then sets the game to window mode, as a result i have to go back to the settings menu and enable full screen again and that's a pain so i am hoping that this little nit pick of mine well not a deal barker can be fixed 

Hopefully these are good suggestions and some of these make it into the game at some point as it stands right now i might buy this game before the free weekend is up since i need more racing games in my steam library and i am rather hooked to this game (more out of frustration since i skid off road constantly and keep trying to improve my time)

- Lol-mart Security 

Control Presets, mouse support and Full screen fix and other stuff. 3 votes

I think all of these suggestions should be implemented
0%
I think some or most of these suggestions should be implemented
66%
SirPhilMcKrakenLolmartSecurity 2 votes
I think none of these suggestions should be implemented
33%
versedi 1 vote

Comments

• versediversedi Member Champion
    I think none of these suggestions should be implemented
    1. Since you can change them, I don't get the point of doing that.

2. I don't mind, but is the target consumer group really that big?

3. Press Left ALT+Enter after switching back to the game. No need to go to options. This happens in 95% of games and is mostly tied to OS/graphic card drivers and not the game itself. 

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Team Principal
    I think some or most of these suggestions should be implemented
    I personally would hope for the mouse look-around in cockpit support mainly so I can use my Rift somewhat functionally until an official update is released
  • ScyyScyy Member Co-Driver
    edited May 16

I personally would hope for the mouse look-around in cockpit support mainly so I can use my Rift somewhat functionally until an official update is released

What's the problem @SirPhilMcKraken ? My rift is working just fine.
    The Hypno Toad on Leaderboards