Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

CM with such a Awesome F1 2017 Real life season please

Don't give us an arcade game ,    I am really looking for F1 2017 to have good - Great - Awesome Tire , Grip , Force feedback Physic , Come on please, Dr Physic guy too Greco , we know you can do it......   I want to play a full race after watching the real GP, but the tire model , Force Feedback (grip, tire wear, bumps, track surface)  model is such arcade , its just no fun..... and for all the people who like arcade, turn on the assist ...... 

This year tires, track temp, etc, tire surface , setup  is playing such a role in performance , we need to see all that in F1 2017......

Comments

• pijinpijin Member Co-Driver
    Idk about the handling. It can go maybe a little more sim, but people have to realize that handling isn't just abs and tc. You can't say just build a sim and use assists if it's hard, because handling is how the car turns etc. if you make a assist for steering that makes it arcade, then you'll make assists faster. Then you'll want to make it slower so you'll artificially nerf it, and it'll just become a hot mess. Best is just make it maybe slightly more sim and run it through the beta for feedback and maybe adjust a little by feedback.
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    ^^ Bwhahaha beta?? Hasn't even started yet even though in March it was meant to be starting 'soon' :D
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• kraM1tkraM1t Member Pit Crew
    Add 2 handling models like DiRT4

Noobs and Simulation                  
  • pijinpijin Member Co-Driver

kraM1t said:

Noobs and Simulation                  

Why? So then people will start whining asking for an in between model and then they realize that that's what we have now?!
  • moogleslammoogleslam Member Co-Driver

Don't give us an arcade game ,

F1 2009, F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015, and F1 2016 were all arcade games, so why should F1 2017 be any different?
    Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!
  • Naeemali007Naeemali007 Member Wheel Nut
    I can dream , cant I ....   I am hoping a little more towards sim..... a little more feel of tires through the wheel, I hope I can feel the track surface, bumps, elevation changes, tires grips more feel, lose grip feel.....

I can hope , pray and Dream.. They gave us a much better game in F1 2016... So I have faith...

• FOneFanaticFOneFanatic Member, Drivers Team Principal
    What would be cool is if there can be a happy medium between Forza Handling (grip) and Project CARS ( car shaking, bottoming out, and front end unsettling). But for real we need to experience what the tires/tarmac are conveying to the driver via the car's suspension but not with the overwrought haptic feedback of Project CARS! Since I play ONLY RACING games, I have to say that Forza has the best tire/tarmac handling model of  them all, with Code Masters a distant 2nd, and Project CARS last in line. 
    If his unpleasant wounding, has in someway enlightened the rest of us, as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life, and has inspired us all to change our ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory!

"Gone in 60 Seconds"
  • JP072JP072 Member Race Steward

What would be cool is if there can be a happy medium between Forza Handling (grip) and Project CARS ( car shaking, bottoming out, and front end unsettling). But for real we need to experience what the tires/tarmac are conveying to the driver via the car's suspension but not with the overwrought haptic feedback of Project CARS! Since I play ONLY RACING games, I have to say that Forza has the best tire/tarmac handling model of  them all, with Code Masters a distant 2nd, and Project CARS last in line. 

I think you never played Assetto Corsa? Try that!;) it will open your eyes if you put forza and project cars up a podium, well the highest place is Assetto for me when we are talking about handling.

pijin said:

kraM1t said:

Noobs and Simulation                  

Why? So then people will start whining asking for an in between model and then they realize that that's what we have now?!

You seem to be really set on keeping everything exactly as it is, don't worry the current handling model can be the Arcade/Noob mode for you.
    Just my opinion and every one has a right to have there own,  IRacing has the best and most realistic physics ... In Renault 2.0 , its so difficult to put together a clean lap , in F1 2016 you can just floor it without any consequences 
    edited May 16
    I'd say the SF15-t in Assetto Corsa or the F138, the FFB is certainly more communicative also.

iRacings tyre model really lets it down regarding unrealistic temps and no feel on the edge of grip in FFB, too small a window, you see the real drivers playing with grip on the limit all the time, but in iRacing it's kind of an off/on switch

This guy explains it nicely with his Direct Drive wheel

• mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    The FFB, for me personally, is best in rFactor 2. Just the tyre model is already great, also add FFB and you can feel the road almost real-life. Assetto Corsa comes in close 2nd, but that game is missing rain.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    Unfortunately the only modern F1 cars for rF2 are mods and you can never really know if their info is valid. Do you really feel rF2's implementation of rain is correct? Seems okay but nowhere near where it should be.
  • mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited May 16
    ^Well they have the 2012 version of F1 cars, I think; also Formula Renault of 2015, so I guess it's kinda dated, but even with 2016 mod I used the FFB was really nice, even on my gamepad (which is another thing - rFactor 2 is really hard to play without any assists on gamepad IMO).
    About rain - feels challenging, to say the least, since it's a proper sim - slippery and needs practicing, but rewarding when done well. AFAIK even in RaceDepartment most of the people say rF2 physics and FFB are probably the best right now (the only downside currently is that it's a PC only game for now, but at least it doesn't need powerful PC with DX9 graphics; DX11 update is now open beta)
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
  • TwotonetommyTwotonetommy Member New Car Smell
    edited May 18

Like many of you, I agree that Assetto Corsa is

the benchmark for FFB.  I will not buy another Codemasters F1 game until

they change their physics engine.   AC just

feels so much more engaged, something that’s difficult to describe. 

AC just released a great update yesterday so you can do custom lobbies and

I tried a Barcelona race with the V6 F1 cars and all I can say is Wow.  When you let off the gas, you can feel the

car slow down because of the drag.  

F12016 just has an odd feel with little FFB effects.  It becomes routine and robotic when I do

laps.  

Post edited by Twotonetommy on
  • BodykitflaresBodykitflares Member Pit Crew

Don't give us an arcade game ,

F1 2009, F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, F1 2014, F1 2015, and F1 2016 were all arcade games, so why should F1 2017 be any different?

Because that's what the racing world wants
    XB1 Gamertag: ESR Orca

AOR XB1 F1 Driver

Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
    Thanks kraM1t 

Nice , Nice , Nice  and Yes, rFactor 2 FF Rocks

That is some crazy detail KraM1t, thanks 
  • NickDahyNickDahy Member Wheel Nut
    From some of the Youtubers that have had early access they have said that the FFB has been improved.  How much?  We are not sure so lets see how it goes.  Right now is the most "realistic" that the handling has been.  It is still arcadey but calling this arcade physics is WAY too harsh.  The tire wear is pretty good but i agree that FFB needs to be improved on the wheel, so lets see.  This is the best the series has been