Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

MAKE HISTORY IN F1™ 2017 | Codemasters Blog

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin

imageMAKE HISTORY IN F1™ 2017 | Codemasters Blog

Here’s what you’ve all been waiting for – today, we’re very happy to announce F1™ 2017 to the world! We’re also very happy to tell you that F1 2017, the official videogame of the 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™,  will include the return of classic F1 cars, as well as an even deeper career mode, numerous multiplayer enhancements, and a brand new ‘Championships’ game mode.

Read the full story here

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• GiacomoLawGiacomoLaw Member New Car Smell
    This looks awesome! Will a mobile version be released too? :)
  • JDC5JDC5 Member New Car Smell
    Are there plans to release an iOS version of F1 2017? and if so, can you add MFi controller support!? Codemasters released an AppleTV version of the game with controller support, so why can't you do the same for iOS, its the same programming language. Also, if a new mobile game is released, any improvement on the awful AI driving? Please and thank you!
  • JDC5JDC5 Member New Car Smell
    For the record, I loved F1 2016 for Xbox One and played a TON of F1 2016 for iOS. Big fan, but also a big critic. Thats how we help you make better games! :)
  • Tripleh5Tripleh5 Member New Car Smell
    Oh please Codemasters, please tell me it's possible to do another offline multiplayer again. Both with current and old F1 cars! This was perfect for me and my brother, who both love F1 and the video game franchise. We loved F1 2013, having multiplayer races with the classic cars (granted, I lost most of the time against him), but it was so much fun! I have been waiting for another offline multiplayer AND for classic cars. One wish came true already :D Thank you so much!
  • KalternKaltern Member New Car Smell
    If this doesn't have VR, then it'll be the first F1 game I won't purchase.  There's no excuse to not add it this year.  
  • ChummyNoseChummyNose Member New Car Smell
    Awesome! But I don't like having classic cars available to purchase,(correct me if I'm wrong).
  • FritsFrietdijkFritsFrietdijk Member New Car Smell
    Can i, because i bought 2010 12 13 14 15 16 get 2017 for half prize? ;-)

Tip's
    Pitlimiter would be nice.
    A working multiplayer without the stupid lobby system would be perfect.
    Also put the microphone standard to the off possition, and not on open, because some people realy do not know **** they are doing to our ears.
    Can you do something about the fps drops and the lagging wifi, usb drive users.
    It would be better if we have diffrent language's in game. Germans have german, spanish have spanish but dutch have english.
  • evolve629evolve629 Member New Car Smell
    Nice logo, Really impressed with the classic cars choices
  • evolve629evolve629 Member New Car Smell
    Nice logo really impressed with the classic car selection
  • FrewaranFrewaran Member New Car Smell
    edited May 17
    When are  the beta-tester getting a key ? Because i am one of them, i've got a Mail a few weeks ago, that the instructions will be send but i am still Waiting .. and i want to play it now >.<
    Post edited by Frewaran on
  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
    edited May 17
    VR yes or no?

100% agree with above ^ instant purchase if yes

better to let ppl know early so they know whether to look forward to this game or not,

anyone who's raced in VR isn't going to go back to a monitor so stringing it out and not telling us if VR is supported or not will not make them pre order your game
    Post edited by whipdiddywhip on
  • sottisotti Member New Car Smell
    Needs VR and its an insta purchase.

This is the year to do it.
  • KingOfTheCakesKingOfTheCakes Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 17

Awesome! But I don't like having classic cars available to purchase,(correct me if I'm wrong).

That's understandable. I'm fine with DLC/preorder bonuses in games, BUT  using the McLaren as pre-order bait is insulting considering 2016 was buggy upon release, and still has problems, on PC at least. It should be free as an apology, but this is what publishers do I guess, I should be used to it by now.

I'm happy to preorder Dirt as that series has a great track record, but with F1 I'm passing on and instead I'm gonna buy second hand for my Xbox. I don't want to support tactics like this when F1 has a dodgy record. I thought they were done with pulling rubbish like this after Grid Autosport, guess not. Which btw, was also left in a bad state.

I know people will disagree with me, but after my experiences with 2016, this takes the mickey.
  • BenTaylor947BenTaylor947 Member New Car Smell
    I really hope you've sorted the online muliplayer championship out with all its glitches, Soooo many which is a shame as it's a brilliant game, now if you brought R&D into online championships and sorted the silly little bugs (which tend to be safety car related) then you have a blockbuster of a game! Keep up the good work!
  • DehhDehh Member New Car Smell

VR yes or no?

100% agree with above ^ instant purchase if yes

better to let ppl know early so they know whether to look forward to this game or not,

anyone who's raced in VR isn't going to go back to a monitor so stringing it out and not telling us if VR is supported or not will not make them pre order your game

Agree!
    English is not my native language, please be patient.
  • breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    Here a question here and it due to the start of the season and the upcoming Monaco GP? Will we play as Subs in the Sauber for the 1st two and Button for the upcoming one?
  • AntiSpeedAntiSpeed Member New Car Smell
    +1 for VR Support! I love the Codemasters F1 games but I just can't go back to monitors. Add VR support and I'll buy the game instantly.
  • JMLC22JMLC22 Member New Car Smell
    I wish that put in the game the mclaren of 2007 alo and ham
  • RIUMILIEIXIONRIUMILIEIXION Member New Car Smell
    let me ask: if i PRE BUY the game today, i will receive the MP4/4 and all other classic cars?
  • iCoffeeCatiCoffeeCat Member New Car Smell
    When does Android platform release?

Thanks