Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2017 oculus or steam vr support?

whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
as title says

after racing in VR going back to a monitor is not an option, 
«13

Comments

  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Co-Driver
    Sorry, maybe when the consoles don't have PC hardware from 2011 lol
  • CW171CW171 Member New Car Smell
    Consoles are definitely the main market for the game - I would expect VR to come with the next iteration of the Ego Engine because by then many console users would have switched to the PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio which are VR ready while standard PS4 and Xbox One aren't
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Unleaded

    isamu99 said:

    Boycott the game if it doesn't have VR. Enough is enough.


    You seem to be really set on boycotting the game aren't you? Understand the concept of money (not with companies, with common citizens). VR is not often affordable in most cases, it would cost them more money to add it over the tiny benefit of people who have VR
  • TheBlade954TheBlade954 Member New Car Smell
    Maybe Codemasters can create a poll on their site to see if people have intrested in VR Support in F1 2017
  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
    well it looks like they will be the only major racing game without VR

    pretty sad going considering f1 itself is about the latest tech

    hopefully liberty media will give the rights to someone willing to embrace technology 
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward


    Maybe Codemasters can create a poll on their site to see if people have intrested in VR Support in F1 2017


    They probably already know how many people are interested in it. My guess is that all developers can get configuration info from the consoles, so they know how many people who are playing the game have a VR option. They probably also know about controller wheel use. They also have data from the Dirt Rally VR sales, they will know exactly how many people who bought the game and how many purchased the VR add on. They also know how difficult it is to implement VR from their previous work. So they have the technical and business information they need to make a decision as to whether it is worthwhile implementing. That will be the information they use for making a decision.

    The only thing to hope for is enough people start buying VR for it to be worth their while. Keeping an eye on the VR sales figures is going to tell you that. And finally, whatever they say about the main game, there is the possibility that they may do something in the future like with Dirt Rally. No one knows.

  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell

    dirt3joe said:





    Maybe Codemasters can create a poll on their site to see if people have intrested in VR Support in F1 2017




    They probably already know how many people are interested in it. My guess is that all developers can get configuration info from the consoles, so they know how many people who are playing the game have a VR option. They probably also know about controller wheel use. They also have data from the Dirt Rally VR sales, they will know exactly how many people who bought the game and how many purchased the VR add on. They also know how difficult it is to implement VR from their previous work. So they have the technical and business information they need to make a decision as to whether it is worthwhile implementing. That will be the information they use for making a decision.

    The only thing to hope for is enough people start buying VR for it to be worth their while. Keeping an eye on the VR sales figures is going to tell you that. And finally, whatever they say about the main game, there is the possibility that they may do something in the future like with Dirt Rally. No one knows.



    well over a million vr headsets were sold in 2016 alone

    thats is not a small number at all, and i bet theres a high number who would buy an OFFICIAL F1 game that is advertised in vr
  • Jaden728Jaden728 Member Unleaded




    dirt3joe said:








    Maybe Codemasters can create a poll on their site to see if people have intrested in VR Support in F1 2017






    They probably already know how many people are interested in it. My guess is that all developers can get configuration info from the consoles, so they know how many people who are playing the game have a VR option. They probably also know about controller wheel use. They also have data from the Dirt Rally VR sales, they will know exactly how many people who bought the game and how many purchased the VR add on. They also know how difficult it is to implement VR from their previous work. So they have the technical and business information they need to make a decision as to whether it is worthwhile implementing. That will be the information they use for making a decision.

    The only thing to hope for is enough people start buying VR for it to be worth their while. Keeping an eye on the VR sales figures is going to tell you that. And finally, whatever they say about the main game, there is the possibility that they may do something in the future like with Dirt Rally. No one knows.





    well over a million vr headsets were sold in 2016 alone

    thats is not a small number at all, and i bet theres a high number who would buy an OFFICIAL F1 game that is advertised in vr


    Sure there was over a million sold, but how many of those enjoy racing games, and then out of that number how many would consider F1? Not saying they shouldn't do it, cause if they did I would keep an eye out on VR prices to lower then, but just saying.
  • dirt3joedirt3joe Member Race Steward




    dirt3joe said:








    Maybe Codemasters can create a poll on their site to see if people have intrested in VR Support in F1 2017






    They probably already know how many people are interested in it. My guess is that all developers can get configuration info from the consoles, so they know how many people who are playing the game have a VR option. They probably also know about controller wheel use. They also have data from the Dirt Rally VR sales, they will know exactly how many people who bought the game and how many purchased the VR add on. They also know how difficult it is to implement VR from their previous work. So they have the technical and business information they need to make a decision as to whether it is worthwhile implementing. That will be the information they use for making a decision.

    The only thing to hope for is enough people start buying VR for it to be worth their while. Keeping an eye on the VR sales figures is going to tell you that. And finally, whatever they say about the main game, there is the possibility that they may do something in the future like with Dirt Rally. No one knows.





    well over a million vr headsets were sold in 2016 alone

    thats is not a small number at all, and i bet theres a high number who would buy an OFFICIAL F1 game that is advertised in vr


    Well, yes, but they don't need to guesstimate or take bets. They have the info exactly. We can guess but they probably.know the exact numbers.
    Take PS4 for example, 1 million VR is 1/60 of the user base. If you assume F1 2017 sells 1000000 units on PS4 (it probably sells less than this) then that makes 16600 VR users proportionally. Which is not a lot. Then you have to look into things like how many of those users would not buy the game if VR is not present, which again is not a lot because many are die hard F1 fans who buy it no matter what. The things that work in your favour are probably that at the moment ownership of VR for racing game fans is probably higher than for other game genres because VR is particularly good for racing. Anyway, we can only guess, even if the guesses are informed. The point is they almost certainly have that information and if the numbers stack up and they can make money on it they will do it.

  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
    bump

    probably wasting my time to bump this because codies silence means no if last year is to go by
  • IvanoZ023IvanoZ023 Member New Car Smell
    So I will not buy it. Go back I do not care. I'll play 2016. 











  • ckevinc1ckevinc1 Member Wheel Nut
    Got nothing to do with figures. It's the fact that codemasters haven't got the balls to try something new, every other racing game out there as got VR support and it hasn't affected them in the slightest. And any games company with any sense should know that VR is going to be massive. It should have been in the game 2 years ago. I've raced in VR and believe me once you've done it there's no going back to racing on monitors, VR feels so natural that's why I play more on Dirt rally Pcars and assetto corsa than I ever did on this game. How do they get the £44 price tag all they have to do this year is remod the cars and change the rules. how many times have we got to pay for the same game code when a DLC would have done. Having said that, if they have got plans to put VR in then £44 would be a decent price. If it hasn't no sale.

  • BodykitflaresBodykitflares Member Pit Crew
    edited May 21


    ckevinc1 said:


    How do they get the £44 price tag all they have to do this year is remod the cars and change the rules. how many times have we got to pay for the same game code when a DLC would have done. Having said that, if they have got plans to put VR in then £44 would be a decent price. If it hasn't no sale.




    That is bullshit and you know it. Edit and delete that because you are obviously less educated than you are making codemasters out to be. They work so hard to produce an official a game for all of us to play, even if it has its issues. Why are you even here if you think that way
    XB1 Gamertag: ESR Orca
     
    AOR XB1 F1 Driver

    Tiny Voice, Big Attitude
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Race Steward

    ckevinc1 said:

    Got nothing to do with figures. It's the fact that codemasters haven't got the balls to try something new, every other racing game out there as got VR support and it hasn't affected them in the slightest. And any games company with any sense should know that VR is going to be massive. It should have been in the game 2 years ago. I've raced in VR and believe me once you've done it there's no going back to racing on monitors, VR feels so natural that's why I play more on Dirt rally Pcars and assetto corsa than I ever did on this game. How do they get the £44 price tag all they have to do this year is remod the cars and change the rules. how many times have we got to pay for the same game code when a DLC would have done. Having said that, if they have got plans to put VR in then £44 would be a decent price. If it hasn't no sale.



    Hmm let me think why? Assetto Corsa is many years old and they had a lot of time to do this, also Project Cars, Dirt Rally and many other games. Codies produce every year a F1 game and the money we need to pay is even like a gift. We get the classic cars for free etc. in F1 2013 you could get it only through a DLC.
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 8000+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    F1 2017 Beta Tester

    I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

    Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

    You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

  • haydn23haydn23 Member Petrol Head

    Seriously said:



    ckevinc1 said:


    Got nothing to do with figures. It's the fact that codemasters haven't got the balls to try something new, every other racing game out there as got VR support and it hasn't affected them in the slightest. And any games company with any sense should know that VR is going to be massive. It should have been in the game 2 years ago. I've raced in VR and believe me once you've done it there's no going back to racing on monitors, VR feels so natural that's why I play more on Dirt rally Pcars and assetto corsa than I ever did on this game. How do they get the £44 price tag all they have to do this year is remod the cars and change the rules. how many times have we got to pay for the same game code when a DLC would have done. Having said that, if they have got plans to put VR in then £44 would be a decent price. If it hasn't no sale.





    Hmm let me think why? Assetto Corsa is many years old and they had a lot of time to do this, also Project Cars, Dirt Rally and many other games. Codies produce every year a F1 game and the money we need to pay is even like a gift. We get the classic cars for free etc. in F1 2013 you could get it only through a DLC.



    I completely agree, and lets not forget I thjink with bost of thoise games you could buy the pre-release version and play it for a couple of months, and give them feedback, after ofc their several years of development. I feel if we ever get vr never mind this year it's just a bonus that will be used once or twice by me and maybe some more others, but also don't forget they may be waiting for next year to see what they can do for xbox in terms of vr if Microsoft bring out their own version of the steam vr or ps vr
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell
    consumer VR has been out for well over a year, there is no excuse this year for codemasters, F1 is about technology, its a shame the company making their games isn't willing to embrace it
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Race Steward


    consumer VR has been out for well over a year, there is no excuse this year for codemasters, F1 is about technology, its a shame the company making their games isn't willing to embrace it



    Are you mad? 1 year is never enough to produce VR for one game. In Assetto Corsa they needed 2 years or so.
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 8000+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    F1 2017 Beta Tester

    I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

    Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

    You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

  • whipdiddywhipwhipdiddywhip Member New Car Smell

    Seriously said:





    consumer VR has been out for well over a year, there is no excuse this year for codemasters, F1 is about technology, its a shame the company making their games isn't willing to embrace it





    Are you mad? 1 year is never enough to produce VR for one game. In Assetto Corsa they needed 2 years or so.


    dirt rally needed 2 years? pcars needed 2 years? iracing needed 2 years? live for speed needed 2 years?

    hell even rf2 with a MUCH MUCH smaller team upgraded from dx9 to dx11 AND added vr support in around 6 months

    your have no idea what you are talking about, all non vr users are utterly selfish in asking for other hardware to not be supported, us VR users aren't demanding other stuff doesn't get supported like you non vr users
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.