Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Stationary Wheel

CamJS2CamJS2 Member New Car Smell
I have hands and a wheel right in front of me in real life! I don't need another pair in game. I would like to see an option in the future to have the wheel left stationary much like you see in iRacing for example and would be interested to know what others think, thanks.

Comments

• nexus1011nexus1011 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Or to remove wheel too.
    That would be great options.
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Pit Crew
    edited May 17
    Yes we need these options

Remove arms/hands
    Remove wheel
    Stationary wheel with arm
    Stationary wheel without arms
    Ability to enable all HUD elements in Cockpit (so if we disable wheel we can still have rev lights/gear on screen)

Also an FOV slider that actually tells you the Horizontal or Vertical FOV, not just a slider that you have to guess.
  • Reub09Reub09 Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    They had this on F1 2012 if memory serves me right
    | Former F1 TS Hub Driver | PSGL F4 League Red Bull TAG Heuer #15 | PS4 | Irish | Red Bull #3 #33 |

• 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Wheel in game doesn't bother me, actually it helps me to see the gear I'm in as I have all other hud elements turned of. And if it's there it shouldn't be stationary. You've asked my opinion, that's what it is. Good point however.

If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

1512Marcel

And suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.

Aryton Senna

• scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited May 18

CamJS2 said:

I have hands and a wheel right in front of me in real life! I don't need another pair in game. I would like to see an option in the future to have the wheel left stationary much like you see in iRacing for example and would be interested to know what others think, thanks.

That option always looks even more weird to me -- a car driving around with a stationary steering wheel? I don't care about seeing two pairs of hands, but if I did, I'd rather just have the option to remove the on-screen wheel altogether (provided there was still a way to see the on-wheel information).
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.