Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

A.I and their unfair tyre wear advantage.

The A.I have a ridiculous advantage when it come to tyre wear in this game.They can run stupid stints and NEVER lose overall tyre performance.I've seen some damn right ridiculous and pretty much impossible tyre stints in the career mode.And I've noticed the A.I has the ability to speed up on what should be on VERY worn tyres.And they seem to have an uncanny ability too always need 1 less stop than you.

Comments

• Sigma12390Sigma12390 New Car Smell
    I'm a little skeptical of this as I have never had trouble with the A.I and their tyre wear. Really it depends on how good you are at saving your tyres, and if your not, it may be that it's you that can't save the tyres long enough and nothing to do with the A.I having an unfair advantage.
  • Cap10Cap10 Wheel Nut
    edited May 19
    if you are going flat out all the time pushing and overdriving the car of course you will destroy your tyres faster. you just can't light up the rear out of every corner or power slide all the time and expect the tyres too last. study how the ai drive and you will see the difference between what you do wrong and they do right.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose New Car Smell
    Depending on certain car setups you can actually close or pull gaps to the A.I when your are further in to a race stint. My only issue is the tyre punctures that happen at the 80% mark. 
  • pijinpijin Pit Crew
    Personally don't have this issue.. interested to see what others say. I've been able to play long games and save tires at one point to attack late. Strangely though, I've gotten better at tire management since I've stopped doing the practice program for it
  • NickDahyNickDahy Wheel Nut
    If you are smooth and run a little bit higher wings and do not lock up, you can actually have much better tire wear than the AI.  Do the tirewear tests in the career.  This will help you out.  It is probably easier using a wheel at first, but don't go full lock all the time and don't go as hard on the brakes.
  • NickDahyNickDahy Wheel Nut

Depending on certain car setups you can actually close or pull gaps to the A.I when your are further in to a race stint. My only issue is the tyre punctures that happen at the 80% mark. 

Actually the random tire punctures come into play at 75%.  Here its hit or miss no matter how conservative or how hard you push....
  • Cap10Cap10 Wheel Nut
    is it the same tyre that blows out? rear or front and witch side?