Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 - Too boring game

I saw gameplay video and i cant find there Transporter, Outbrake, and CatNMouse discipline, like in Dirt 3. Why you add so boring discipline like smash atack, but not add Transporter - most epic discipline in Dirt game ever.
I hope seen in Dirt 4 it Trnsporter and Outbrake and CnM in not far future from you developers.

You dont need made new tracks or cars, and spend many times with it crerating, just add flags and dropzones to track where smash attack, and it will be great game

Who else want Transporter,Outbracke and CnM disciplines in Dirt 4? +1

Comments

• versediversedi Race Engineer

I've given this post an Awesome. 

We're getting close to that time where more and more of these posts will appear again, just like the full launch of DiRT Rally on PC and then console :D

Oh bwoy, I don't wanna even lurk inside Steam's discussion boards. 
    „The speed was okay, but the corner was too tight.”

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Team Principal
    why is the handling so hard :D                                             

• ark13700ark13700 Unleaded
    While I would really like to see those online modes return (in Dirt 3 they were the best party modes in a racing game I ever played), Dirt 4 wouldn't be boring without them.
  • PaloSamoPaloSamo Pit Crew
    You haven't even played Dirt 4 (or have you?) yet you claim it is boring. Wow. 
  • AntonVitAntonVit New Car Smell

PaloSamo said:

You haven't even played Dirt 4 (or have you?) yet you claim it is boring. Wow. 

I havent play Dirt 4 yet. BUT, i know there will be rally, rallycross, landreach and som very boring "smash atackes modes"

Dirt 4 - it is Dirt Rally with some new tracks and some new cars, NO? look at the objects on tracks, low grafics, these treese, bilding, nothing new, and we "all" saing - Wow its new cool game...

So, i know Dirt Rally and i know Dirt 3 game, + i saw gameplay videos, so game boring (for me in my mind of course)

Add transporter just, please :)
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Co-Driver
    edited May 20
    Looks like you're after a game filled with fun games, which DiRT 4 just is not about. It's a serious rally game like the old Colin McRae games & DiRT Rally and the devs have invested time in improving the more important parts for that kind of game. You're better off getting Horizon 3 or waiting on what the other ip is that Codies/Evolution is working on, then asking for stuff that just isn't going to be in the game.

By the way, the game has a stage generator so it's not just a few new stages, it's pretty much an infinite amount of new stages

Areyouben said:

Looks like you're after a game filled with fun games, which DiRT 4 just is not about. It's a serious rally game like the old Colin McRae games & DiRT Rally and the devs have invested time in improving the more important parts for that kind of game. You're better off getting Horizon 3 or waiting on what the other ip is that Codies/Evolution is working on, then asking for stuff that just isn't going to be in the game.

By the way, the game has a stage generator so it's not just a few new stages, it's pretty much an infinite amount of new stages

I want transporter, outbracke and CnM disciplines in Dirt 4, also i want grafics like in DriveClub there ( i heard that evolutions studios come to Codemasters, so where Next Gen!? and where in Dirt 4 dinamic wheater)

So game must have name - Dirt Rally 2, not Dirt 4, Couse Dirt 4 it is continium of Dirt 3

So Transporter mode in Dirt 4 with unlimited track for it ! it will be fantastic
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Co-Driver
    Yeah I agree on the name. The series has gone from serious to arcade/fun to serious all within the same name. But as I said, it just isn't going to happen for DiRT 4. Evolution Studios is working on their own game so who knows what that brings.
  • adrodukeadroduke New Car Smell
    edited May 21
    Plus, how do you know they're not in the game? Unless they have mentioned it somewhere, correct me if  I am wrong, i know for a fact that Joyride is one of the multiplayer modes in the game though.

But, I kinda see where he is coming from though, dirt rally was a serious spin off  rally simulator which purely focused on everything about rally, where as dirt 4 is continuing on the actual dirt series which has been more of an arcade racer genre but, what the great people at codies have done in this game is having the choice between a simulated or gamers mode so it focuses on gamers who want the hardcore experience and others who just want to have a good time (which in any case, it's still going to be a fun game), which i really appreciate codeis doing that for us. So, i don't see why they would remove the addicting mini games that were in dirt 3 and in previous titles, there's something for everyone that way.

But, that's just my opinion, though I can't wait for when the game comes out.
  • VoidhawkVoidhawk New Car Smell
    Online leagues will be post launch. If the game is successful (which it darn well should be) these less serious laid back fun mini games may arrive.

Personally I'd like all post launch DLC to be rally rated. There are many arcadush fun blasts already out there. Forza Horizon 3 is excellent when I'm tired and want a chill game.
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Wheel Nut

adroduke said:

Plus, how do you know they're not in the game? Unless they have mentioned it somewhere, correct me if  I am wrong, i know for a fact that Joyride is one of the multiplayer modes in the game though.

But, I kinda see where he is coming from though, dirt rally was a serious spin off  rally simulator which purely focused on everything about rally, where as dirt 4 is continuing on the actual dirt series which has been more of an arcade racer genre but, what the great people at codies have done in this game is having the choice between a simulated or gamers mode so it focuses on gamers who want the hardcore experience and others who just want to have a good time (which in any case, it's still going to be a fun game), which i really appreciate codeis doing that for us. So, i don't see why they would remove the addicting mini games that were in dirt 3 and in previous titles, there's something for everyone that way.

But, that's just my opinion, though I can't wait for when the game comes out.

I think Kick_Up said the party modes weren't in the game, but they'd like to bring them back some day.
  • ark13700ark13700 Unleaded
    The main reason why it's named Dirt 4 is to reintroduce the 'casual' audience back to the series since the hardcore Dirt Rally turned them off. They can do this because they added the separate gamer handling mode (which apparently feels like Dirt 3's handling).
    Back in the Dirt 2/3 days, there were many complaints that there wasn't enough focus on rally and they wanted to get rid of gymkhana, which is exactly what they are doing in Dirt 4. (However I would personally like them to bring back the online party modes)

It's probably unreasonable to expect DriveClub graphics in a Dirt game targeting 60fps. Especially since rallying involves plenty of dust particle effects that would really tank framerates. 

It sounds like the main reason you have for getting Dirt games is for those party modes. Unfortunately for you, the main audience for Dirt games play them for rally driving.
  • DscruDscru New Car Smell
    Micro Machines might suit your needs better
  • bokimotobokimoto Unleaded
    edited May 22
    the problem with DiRT 4 is that there won't be any chases and guns ... but I have heard you can choose your facial hair scheme, so it's got that going for it

Dscru said:

bokimoto said:

the problem with DiRT 4 is that there won't be any chases and guns ... but I have heard you can choose your facial hair scheme, so it's got that going for it

I like Dirts games for it realizm, no nitro, no guns on cars, and other crazy things, (in dirt showdown i didn like nitro), + i like when game has good realistic grafics, so micromashins its not for me.
    Transporter it so adrenaline discipline for me like for some other people Rally discipline, and if Codemasters will be create Dirt 4 with no Rally, i think many player create posts aboute ""where rally?"" like i create aboute Transporter,
    So you all need have understanding and indulgence, and not spaming with crayze pictures and comments,
    I too can say to you - go to work for get money, buy your own car and go drive to forest, but no i dont say it, so and you dont say me aboute micromashins, i am have my own mind aboute it game and aboute what i want see there, so dont scorn on it

I hope seen in Dirt 4 Transporter, still, codemasters.

• AntonVit said:

Dscru said:

bokimoto said:

I like Dirts games for it realizm, no nitro, no guns on cars, and other crazy things, (in dirt showdown i didn like nitro), + i like when game has good realistic grafics, so micromashins its not for me.
    Transporter it so adrenaline discipline for me like for some other people Rally discipline, and if Codemasters will be create Dirt 4 with no Rally, i think many player create posts aboute ""where rally?"" like i create aboute Transporter,
    So you all need have understanding and indulgence, and not spaming with crayze pictures and comments,
    I too can say to you - go to work for get money, buy your own car and go drive to forest, but no i dont say it, so and you dont say me aboute micromashins, i am have my own mind aboute it game and aboute what i want see there, so dont scorn on it

I hope seen in Dirt 4 Transporter, still, codemasters.

You can't compare rally and transporter with each other in the Dirt series.
    Rally has always been an integral part of it. Transporter was just an alternative 'game of tag, you're it!' There isn't a real life counterpart to transporter, is there? It's just one of the silly games they added for some fun away from the real motorsport disciplines. If they had not included rally in the game, sales would take a dive. Transporter not being in the game won't hurt the sales at all.

You don't want to say 'earn money, buy a car and drive in the forest' and yet you did. Anyway, if transporter is all you seek in a game like Dirt 4 than it's not the game for you.

You can't compare rally and transporter with each other in the Dirt series.
    Rally has always been an integral part of it. Transporter was just an alternative 'game of tag, you're it!' There isn't a real life counterpart to transporter, is there? It's just one of the silly games they added for some fun away from the real motorsport disciplines. If they had not included rally in the game, sales would take a dive. Transporter not being in the game won't hurt the sales at all.

You don't want to say 'earn money, buy a car and drive in the forest' and yet you did. Anyway, if transporter is all you seek in a game like Dirt 4 than it's not the game for you.

Stop spaming in my post, aboute Transporter, go away and create your own post aboute rally, This post for people who like Transporter and Outbracke and CnM disciplines, and who want seen it in Dirt 4.
    And as i said for me rally, rallycross and landrash - its boring discipline, so if game will not have T,O,CnM, so game will be boring for me,
    What else you are all not understanding!?

Peace to all :)