Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT 4 Road Book - 19/05/17

2»

Comments

• boganibogani Member Champion

MaXyMsrpl said:

Just anpther video with dodgy physics.
    I really cannot understand what's the point to not show how realistic cars could behave.

What video are you reffering to?

If you didn't like what you saw on the Dirt Show they did yesterday you probably shouldn't buy the game. Simple as that.

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward

bogani said:

MaXyMsrpl said:

Just anpther video with dodgy physics.
    I really cannot understand what's the point to not show how realistic cars could behave.

What video are you reffering to?

If you didn't like what you saw on the Dirt Show they did yesterday you probably shouldn't buy the game. Simple as that.

He's probably referring to that Erased Citizens gameplay video from the road book, not the Dirt show

MaXyMsrpl said:

I'm refering to video presented in the Roadbook which this thread is related to.

@bogani, I'm not asked you for help with to buy or not to buy decision. So leave such comments for yourself

Fair enough. 

If you want to get a taste of sim handling with some proper driving your best bet is the live stream footage.

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    In fairness to him, I see physics related traits, that I'd be changing if I was able...

I was actually hoping it was the difference between 'gamer' & 'sim', but you reckon all the Dirt Show was driven in Sim mode?

KevM said:

In fairness to him, I see physics related traits, that I'd be changing if I was able...

I was actually hoping it was the difference between 'gamer' & 'sim', but you reckon all the Dirt Show was driven in Sim mode?

They start the show by saying that the core community wants to see full sim, replays and generated stages heavily implying that is exactly what they are showing.

What parts are you pointing at?

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

I'd rather drive the game to see for myself first, but I can see something that could be tweaked in the future to possibly further improve sim handling, but actually is ok as is for gamer mode
    edited May 20

KevM said:

I'd rather drive the game to see for myself first, but I can see something that could be tweaked in the future to possibly further improve sim handling, but actually is ok as is for gamer mode

Haha ok. Everyone's their own expert on how it should be I guess ;)

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

bogani said:

KevM said:

Haha ok. Everyone's an expert huh ;)

Ack, it's hard to say without having a wheel in your hand.  But it's something that's been talked about from the very first of the teaser videos.  As I see more, i become more curious of it, but like I say - it might feel ok to play.

KevM said:

bogani said:

KevM said:

Haha ok. Everyone's an expert huh ;)

Ack, it's hard to say without having a wheel in your hand.  But it's something that's been talked about from the very first of the teaser videos.  As I see more, i become more curious of it, but like I say - it might feel ok to play.

I just feel the tone is a bit degrading.
    "I know what should be improved but it might be ok for gamer handling"

Let's just get our hands on it first. Looking at the Wales part in the stream I think it looks great in all aspects, but that's just my opinion :)

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

bogani said:

Let's just get our hands on it first. Looking at the Wales part in the stream I think it looks great in all aspects, but that's just my opinion :)

Not at all.

If I wanted to be toxic about it, I would have been more descriptive & detailed when answering your first question.

KevM said:

bogani said:

Not at all.

If I wanted to be toxic about it, I would have been more descriptive & detailed when answering your first question.

Hm, ok, so you imply that many things are wrong, but you won't go in to it as you're such a nice guy.

Maybe they should have turned to you for input on the handling of these cars instead of Meeke/Solberg?

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

bogani said:

KevM said:

bogani said:

Not at all.

Hm, ok, so you imply that many things are wrong, but you won't go in to it as you're such a nice guy.

Maybe they should have turned to you for input on the handling of these cars instead of Meeke/Solberg?

Calm down hot-head :p

Its one thing, one minor thing only, picked out of a few replay vids.  I suspect I can dial it out with chassis setup somewhat, so not going to ever complain about it being a flaw until I have had hands on experience of it.

Meeke is a qualified engineer & a great man to be working with on handling, but this game isn't a bespoke simulator for experienced World Rally drivers, it's for Joe Bloggs, so things may have been tamed a little to suit the market?

Kinda like when Subaru engineers set the anti-roll bars for mild predictable understeer, in the road-going Impreza WRX, so they did kill all their McRae wannabe customers?  ;)

KevM said:

bogani said:

KevM said:

bogani said:

Not at all.

Calm down hot-head :p

Its one thing, one minor thing only, picked out of a few replay vids.  I suspect I can dial it out with chassis setup somewhat, so not going to ever complain about it being a flaw until I have had hands on experience of it.

Meeke is a qualified engineer & a great man to be working with on handling, but this game isn't a bespoke simulator for experienced World Rally drivers, it's for Joe Bloggs, so things may have been tamed a little to suit the market?

Kinda like when Subaru engineers set the anti-roll bars for mild predictable understeer, in the road-going Impreza WRX, so they did kill all their McRae wannabe customers?  ;)

I'm nice and calm ;)

It might not be a bespoke simulator for driver training but I have no doubt at all they are trying to get it as close as possible with what the tech allows. If you want a casual experience there is gamer handling.

Cheers. Beer is talking now :D

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

I will report my findings soon after release day!

Having re-watched SlapTRAINs Focus RX vid, there's a definite point where my suspected handling trait, goes from being obvious & constant, to a different scene, where it's completely eradicated and doing what I would hope and expect!

ie he felt it, adjusted the setup & rid the car of it

BOOM!!

Beer sounds like a plan @bogani  :D
2»