Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Tyres in F1 2017 - Flat Spots

mad1701mad1701 Member New Car Smell
Are we at last going to see Flat Spotting and as Martin Brundle puts it "juddering that could remove your fillings".
I think this is a more important feature than VR mode.

Comments

• kraM1tkraM1t Member Unleaded
    Inb4 that piijn guy comes in and says "No please keep everything how it is, we don't want more simulation"
  • JamesGJamesG Member Wheel Nut
    Flatspots would be amazing. rFactor 2 does flatspots beautifully, so it can be done. Probably too late for 2017's game since it's a few months away, but it's definitely something they should consider for 2018.
  • pijinpijin Member Pit Crew

kraM1t said:

Inb4 that piijn guy comes in and says "No please keep everything how it is, we don't want more simulation"

I don't appreciate you forming my opinions for me. I actually think this is a fantastic idea, and I do recall the youtubers mentioning more consequences to locking up this year.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    Little bit of flat spot would be beautiful. Would they add it as a vibration/FFB on the pad and the wheel? Or possibly they could pass screen tearing off as flat spot simulation (please please, we can make a joke round here still yeah? )

I guess on the pad it could become an annoying vibration which some could get around by turning off vibration so may need to have other more subtle effects. One for the beta guys to try hopefully, see what they think
  • haydn23haydn23 Member Co-Driver
    I feel a flat spot would be nice. I feel like it's an advancement they could have done for this game. It's just one of those little things we'll learn to appreciate alot more and learn to hate a lot more when the game comes out.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Co-Driver
    Yeah, completly right. We need flat spots. This would make races far more interesting, but they should do an option for this. People who just want to drive can put it off. People who want more realism can put it on. Especially in league race this could get very interesting with this option.
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 5100+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

• LiamDunnLiamDunn Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Simple fix for this, the moment you lock up, pause the game, tape a vibrator to the pad or wheel, then un-pause and carry on....simple.
    The moment we became alive death was waiting, chasing.
  • inspiretheworldinspiretheworld Member Pit Crew
    Would be a good addition to the game.   
  • BodykitflaresBodykitflares Member Unleaded

pijin said:

kraM1t said:

I don't appreciate you forming my opinions for me. I actually think this is a fantastic idea, and I do recall the youtubers mentioning more consequences to locking up this year.

It's ok to have a little bit of banter :)
    XB1 Gamertag: Killerwhale48

Australia TT world record holder(as of 12/4/17)

Looking for an AOR split 1 practice partner
  • JP072JP072 Member Co-Driver
    I heard tiamarduk or aarava saying in their clip on youtube when they just visited the codies hq that there are flatspots in the new game and that influance the car....
  • SeriouslySeriously Member Co-Driver
    edited May 19

JP072 said:

I heard tiamarduk or aarava saying in their clip on youtube when they just visited the codies hq that there are flatspots in the new game and that influance the car....

Let us hope this is right ;)
    Post edited by Seriously on
    Why so Serious?? - Youtuber with 5100+ subs
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCpGFqMUvjA3XYR47hsRzoQ
    I don't care too much what happened in the past. I prefer to focus on what is coming next and I am really looking forward to it.

Simply racing a Formula 1 car is an achievement.

You can't change what happened. But you can still change what will happen.

• JP072JP072 Member Co-Driver
    I just tell you guys what i heard;).     
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded

LiamDunn said:

Simple fix for this, the moment you lock up, pause the game, tape a vibrator to the pad or wheel, then un-pause and carry on....simple.

"This is jeff speaking, we have and alternative strategy for your vibrator, would you like to change it?" ...
    every lap and twice in the last lap. makes sure you cannot make that selection until several seconds after he finished speaking.
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Co-Driver

LiamDunn said:

I'm pretty sure you use a similar device going over the curbs. This is worrying mate  :D :D :D
    If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver.
    Ayrton Senna
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Race Engineer
  • LiamDunnLiamDunn Member, Drivers Wheel Nut

I'm pretty sure you use a similar device going over the curbs. This is worrying mate  :D :D :D

Gotta add that extra bit of  realism somehow  ;)
    The moment we became alive death was waiting, chasing.
  • boothy1243boothy1243 Member New Car Smell
    That would be a cool addition depending on how badly it effects. id like to see it build up overtime unless a massive lock up like Rosberg in Russia last year :) 
  • jammie360jammie360 Member Wheel Nut

pijin said:

kraM1t said:

Yeah that was locking up and going straight on nothing about flat spots :)