Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Question for Jenny

Hey @jennyannem , first off I would like to say that I'm excited about the upcoming release of F1 2017.  Now, as I was reading through the announcement trailer, I read something about classic cars returning (a la F1 2013) and they'll be making an appearance in career mode as well as other game modes, which is great for those who enjoy going back in time to race those legendary cars, but my question to you is, will there be an option to turn off the invitations to the classic events in career mode? It would seem kind of odd to have classic cars mixed in with the 2017 grid cars in a career mode, plus not everyone would go in for this sort of thing.  Also, would we be able to get the game to automatically proceed to the next calendar race event in career mode without having to select whether or not to retire, flashback or restart the session if, say during a practice/qualifying/race you suffer a mechanical failure or terminally damage your car?

Rick

-------------------------------
Woooooooooooooo!!!!

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Race Engineer
    You could accept or decline an invitation I guess - can't see it being mandatory to take part in invitationals
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Champion

Hey @jennyannem , first off I would like to say that I'm excited about the upcoming release of F1 2017.  Now, as I was reading through the announcement trailer, I read something about classic cars returning (a la F1 2013) and they'll be making an appearance in career mode as well as other game modes, which is great for those who enjoy going back in time to race those legendary cars, but my question to you is, will there be an option to turn off the invitations to the classic events in career mode? It would seem kind of odd to have classic cars mixed in with the 2017 grid cars in a career mode, plus not everyone would go in for this sort of thing.  Also, would we be able to get the game to automatically proceed to the next calendar race event in career mode without having to select whether or not to retire, flashback or restart the session if, say during a practice/qualifying/race you suffer a mechanical failure or terminally damage your car?

As I understand they'll be invitationa lstyle events that you can say yes or no too so if you don't want to do them then say no whenever you're asked. It'll work in a similar way as I understand to how it works in Grid Autosport or the Need for Speed Shift series where part way through a championship you can be contacted to race a one off event in a car or something they did that with PCars as well. I believe the classic stuff in career mode will work in a similar way.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• pijinpijin Pit Crew
    Perhaps participating might raise your stock or visibility as a driver as well. So it might attract attention from other teams in terms of contracting. I mean if your normal career car is crap, then these events could provide the marketing for the driver to move up? Just speculating
  • haydn23haydn23 Co-Driver
    edited May 20

pijin said:

Perhaps participating might raise your stock or visibility as a driver as well. So it might attract attention from other teams in terms of contracting. I mean if your normal career car is crap, then these events could provide the marketing for the driver to move up? Just speculating

Yeah, or maybe there's a rating system. So u have like driver skill, speed, and sponsor rating. And ofc this will rise ur sponsor rating. BUT if u do it too much it starts to slowly lower the amount of sponsor points u get from doing this invitational, just a cool idea I had.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4KthnFwavKbaHfHtz5ulg
    Steam: Haydn02  Xbox: Sid3ways Nismo PSN: Jenbut21 Twitter: @SidewaysNismo Uplay: H4ydn02
  • JP072JP072 Co-Driver
    I'am afraid that it just are races you can do, if you saw how good they thought about the r&d system last year...
    and if it are just races with the old cars thats okay as long as the r&d works good this year...
  • Operator1Operator1 Team Principal

LOL! "Question for Jenny" ....So everybody else responds (except Jenny).

*Disclaimer: my statements only represent my own musings, not "speaking for others" or "stating opinions as facts."

forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/03/31/why-buyer-beware-is-a-terrible-excuse-for-bad-video-games/
    polygon.com/2014/8/20/6049157/Diablo-3-new-releases-wait-patience
    venturebeat.com/2013/12/10/well-fix-it-later-why-do-gamers-accept-brokenunfinished-products/
    gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-12-19-buggy-games-deserve-much-harsher-treatment
    eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat
    pretendracecars.net/2017/01/08/why-ive-cut-back-on-sim-racing
    Partially
     functional games should not charge anywhere near full retail price. • If a game is ready to sell, it should be ready to play. • Launch day should not be the start of a public retail beta. • 'Limited resources' & the impossibility of 'perfection' are not justifications for poor quality. • Pre-ordering & buying games at launch is paying for the worst version of the game at its highest price - it'll function better after it's patched, and there are always discount sales later. Why pay full price up-front to be a post-launch beta tester? • As long as people continue buying it, companies will continue selling it. • If we want good quality, we have to stop buying & funding bad quality.

• BodykitflaresBodykitflares Wheel Nut

Operator1 said:

Yeah but it is much easier to see here rather than in a DM or something like that 
    XB1 Gamertag: Killerwhale48

F1 2017 beta tester

Little Squeaker
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Champion

Operator1 said:

Surprised about that? it is a CM forum after all. :p

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto